JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great alternative if you're in a pinch lol

20210621_165255.jpg

Like mentioned, we all have a box of holsters for each different gun we've carried.

For my Glock 19 or Glock 43x, I like Crossbreed for some situations, an a Raven Concealment Vanguard minimalist holster. The vanguard is normally an appendix, but I can wear it comfortably at about 2:30.

good luck, I'm sure we will see posts from you in the for sale section, for the ones that didn't work.

A Fobus paddle holster for EDC is a waste of money IMO. Lousy concealment, lousy holster to be honest.

@BrandonOR I wouldn't recommend it for your EDC.
Fobus holsters are also made of a plastic that holds grit. where it touches your gun it will work like sandpaper!
I have a paddle holster but not Fobus and not for every day carry. I use one as a night stand holster because no matter what I'm wearing the paddle gives me a holster.

While this is an older forum and a lot of opinion has been shared, I'll shed my own light on it given my own experience.

I don't know where you prefer to carry versus what you carry. I've kept my angle the same my entire carrying career and been content, relatively. Holsters are like spices; everyone has a flavour they prefer. Personally, I like trim, thin and out of mind. I want to ignore the extra weight on my hip if I can, and more so if I'm wearing a "wide" holster for it. In my experience "custom" holsters haven't liked me as much as others seem to have. I have an issue where my mag release button is always somehow exposed enough that it gets bumped and I find myself minding my magazine retention as a result (with some holsters).

What I recommend is becoming acutely familiar with what prints and what doesn't. What rides and what doesn't. Do some jumping jacks, things like that, make it move and challenge its retention. I've done plenty of dry fire draws and cancelled out holsters when the holster came out with my gun after some movement. Get those kinks worked out early and safe before you need them. I know the budget likely doesn't enjoy it, but don't be afraid to try other holsters. Avoid cheap. Your safety and life depends on its reliability. I've been carrying for almost eight years and have found two holsters I thoroughly trust and enjoy. One is OWB, which is my winter carry.

I'm also a very thin, very tall individual. I have certain needs to meet before anything blends in for me. My first two years I printed like crazy, and my lady was kind enough to point it out when it was in bad taste. As I've gotten older, wiser and better, it's much more uncommon, but slight at this point given my angle. I've tried to do appendix, which is my preferred, but I can't find a means to do it and not print while standing straight or feel wildly uncomfortable.

A thick, long shirt will do wonders no matter the circumstance in my experience. Also, never mentioning you carry. It's your best kept secret. Nine times out of ten, no one will regard the "lump" if it's small and not clearly a protrusion. I carry a multitool and flashlight so it isn't obscene to assume that's what it is.

A good sturdy belt is a must. A lot of companies sell "tactical" belts. Not what I found right for me, but I did find that a good leather belt carried the weight even and well. Danner makes a good belt, if you want American, and I did.

Don't be too nervous of OWB in permitting weather if you wear the appropriate clothing. It's an easier draw, in my opinion, and more comfortable. You will have more to cover, however, and more to "blend" with that lump. I wear wool, so it all becomes the same on me, and I'm pretty thin.

Last Edited:
While this is an older forum and a lot of opinion has been shared, I'll shed my own light on it given my own experience.

I don't know where you prefer to carry versus what you carry. I've kept my angle the same my entire carrying career and been content, relatively. Holsters are like spices; everyone has a flavour they prefer. Personally, I like trim, thin and out of mind. I want to ignore the extra weight on my hip if I can, and more so if I'm wearing a "wide" holster for it. In my experience "custom" holsters haven't liked me as much as others seem to have. I have an issue where my mag release button is always somehow exposed enough that it gets bumped and I find myself minding my magazine retention as a result (with some holsters).

What I recommend is becoming acutely familiar with what prints and what doesn't. What rides and what doesn't. Do some jumping jacks, things like that, make it move and challenge its retention. I've done plenty of dry fire draws and cancelled out holsters when the holster came out with my gun after some movement. Get those kinks worked out early and safe before you need them. I know the budget likely doesn't enjoy it, but don't be afraid to try other holsters. Avoid cheap. Your safety and life depends on its reliability. I've been carrying for almost eight years and have found two holsters I thoroughly trust and enjoy. One is OWB, which is my winter carry.

I'm also a very thin, very tall individual. I have certain needs to meet before anything blends in for me. My first two years I printed like crazy, and my lady was kind enough to point it out when it was in bad taste. As I've gotten older, wiser and better, it's much more uncommon, but slight at this point given my angle. I've tried to do appendix, which is my preferred, but I can't find a means to do it and not print while standing straight or feel wildly uncomfortable.

A thick, long shirt will do wonders no matter the circumstance in my experience. Also, never mentioning you carry. It's your best kept secret. Nine times out of ten, no one will regard the "lump" if it's small and not clearly a protrusion. I carry a multitool and flashlight so it isn't obscene to assume that's what it is.

A good sturdy belt is a must. A lot of companies sell "tactical" belts. Not what I found right for me, but I did find that a good leather belt carried the weight even and well. Danner makes a good belt, if you want American, and I did.

Don't be too nervous of OWB in permitting weather if you wear the appropriate clothing. It's an easier draw, in my opinion, and more comfortable. You will have more to cover, however, and more to "blend" with that lump. I wear wool, so it all becomes the same on me, and I'm pretty thin.
It's definitely a journey, and I realize this. I have been carrying a week or so now and have found out what is and isn't working for me. I thought 4 o'clock was going to be my spot but 2 o clock allows me to do so much more without printing.

I really my own safariland als holster for when I'm at home doing stuff and have even worn it out when it rained.

I just picked up a Precision Holster to try out, and probably will have a couple more catch my eye.

Having a couple I like and can use with different clothes is my goal.

I also picked up a Kore Essentials belt and holy crap it's so nice compared to my other belt. Ratchet has held up nice so far

Tier 1 Concealed Echo. I have a G48 and use the echo. Wait time sucks but it's worth it. Dual clips is a must if you move around alot. I found the single clips would allow the holster to shift. I found myself "fixing" it alot with previous single clip holsters.

I have many boxes of holsters. Often I can find a holster in those boxes that just happens to fit my latest acquisition. Not so with the Glock 48. It requires a dedicated holster.

Like them or not, (I do), I tried the Blackhawk! CQC holster. The fit chart said the Glock 43 and 48 are the same holster. Well, maybe... The Glock 48 hangs out way past the muzzle end of the holster, exposing way too much slide and barrel. That might work for some folks, but it sure doesn't work for me.

Next, and it's quite okay, is the Scorpion, sized for the Glock 48. It fits like a DeSantis thumb-break scabbard. But I was disappointed to discover the holster is made in China. Again, it might be okay for some folks, but I'd prefer a holster made in a country that didn't design covid.

So for now, I'll use this Scorpion holster, but only until I can find a DeSantis thumb-break made expressly for the Glock 48.

This holster fits the pistol well and it carries extremely close to your body. The leather came from a skinny cow. It's quite thin.
P1030402.JPG

P1030389.JPG

InkedScreenshot 2021-07-14 at 22-41-08 Amazon com Tactical Scorpion Gear 3 Slot Leather Thumb ...jpg

Last Edited:
I have many boxes of holsters. Often I can find a holster in those boxes that just happens to fit my latest acquisition. Not so with the Glock 48. It requires a dedicated holster.

Like them or not, (I do), I tried the Blackhawk! CQC holster. The fit chart said the Glock 43 and 48 are the same holster. Well, maybe... The Glock 48 hangs out way past the muzzle end of the holster, exposing way too much slide and barrel. That might work for some folks, but it sure doesn't work for me.

Next, and it's quite okay, is the Scorpion, sized for the Glock 48. It fits like a DeSantis thumb-break scabbard. But I was disappointed to discover the holster is made in China. Again, it might be okay for some folks, but I'd prefer a holster made in a country that didn't design covid.

So for now, I'll use this Scorpion holster, but only until I can find a DeSantis thumb-break made expressly for the Glock 48.

This holster fits the pistol well and it carries extremely close to your body. The leather came from a skinny cow. It's quite thin.
View attachment 992148

View attachment 992147

View attachment 992157
I have a DeSantis and I thoroughly enjoy it. For the money spent, it's been an incredible rig. Retention is excellent, the thumb break is right up my alley and the leather quality was good. It's my winter carry and hike carry. Now I think I'll switch to my Python after an incredibly close brush with a cougar (not the hot lady kind). We tend to camp in place where open carry wouldn't be looked at twice, which is good because I can't see myself concealing that monster.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews