JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
16. In the event of a catastrophe, who would you be willing to share your own resources or supplies with?
Please choose all that apply.
Response Total %

Immediate Family Members Such as Parents and Siblings 764 76%
Significant Other 641 64%
Close Friends 552 55%
Extended Family Members Such as Aunts and Uncles 490 49%
Neighbors that I Know Very Well 426 42%
Acquaintances or Friends of Friends 288 29%
My Children (AMONG PARENTS) 285 28%
Neighbors that I Don't Know Very Well 242 24%
Colleagues 214 21%
Other 60 6%
Nobody 27 3%

Actually it looks to be pretty close to what I would expect, it shows how even a lot of people what not even share with a significant other.

But as far as the other parts go, I agree, there is 1 possible 2 people in my office I would being will to team up with out of 60 ot so. The second person i do not know about, they would be a huge burden up front but would be of benefit in time, so it depends on bad it gets

There are a lot of risks to concider when helping people. I think friends and family would come first. Strangers or collegues, would really come down to how much they would benefit the group. There is no reason to drag everyone down just to try and help people. I am a firm believer that if SHTF, I would want to start a small community. There is strength in numbers and you can accomplish a lot more being able to manage everyone in specific, day to day tasks. In the beggining it would be pretty much friends and family. It might sound harsh to turn people away. But protecting your and your families future comes first. Too many people are ignorant and will do more harm than good. It would benefit a new society to just let these people die off. Just my thoughts though. You can never be too cautious.

That is a problem and would very on situation. But I would just say the end say falls on who is running everything and who owns the land, water, food, protection, etc... Not talking about being a "ruler". But it needs to be known when entering the group, there are rules and everyone will have a job. If they don't like it.... they can move along.

there is 1 possible 2 people in my office I would being will to team up with out of 60 ot so. The second person i do not know about, they would be a huge burden up front but would be of benefit in time, so it depends on bad it gets

so in other words the second person is a little fat and may be hard to get where your going,but worth his weight when it comes time to eat him?lol.

That is a problem and would very on situation. But I would just say the end say falls on who is running everything and who owns the land, water, food, protection, etc... Not talking about being a "ruler". But it needs to be known when entering the group, there are rules and everyone will have a job. If they don't like it.... they can move along.

Exactly, do not come knocking on my door and think you are going to tell me how to run my house.

so in other words the second person is a little fat and may be hard to get where your going,but worth his weight when it comes time to eat him?lol.

Not exactly, it is a she, she is in her late twenties, very smart, quick but cannot shoot but is willing to learn, not much when it comes to fixing things, but has been a good a friend, can cook, clean and reads people real well, the problem I would have in tunring her away is she is a good friend and loyal and we watch each others back in the office, so having someone around I can trust to watch my back and families says a lot.

Cool that only 64% would share with their significant other. Probably a good time to kick that whining, shopping, complaining, ingrate to the curb. Just sayin'

In my mind I try to break things down by 3's
3 minutes
3 hours
3 days
3 weeks
3 months
and so on
what skills, resources do I want/need for each time period?

In my mind I try to break things down by 3's
3 minutes
3 hours
3 days
3 weeks
3 months
and so on
what skills, resources do I want/need for each time period?

That is a pretty good way of doing it, my primary bug out bag is set up for three days for two, that I can grab and be out of here in 3 minutes, in 30 minutes time I can grab enough to last two people more than 3 weeks, In three hours we could be packed up with all necessities,clothing food, water, guns /ammo, extra fuel and on the road. the crazies can have whats left, furniture is nice but will not feed us.

I work in an office as said before, I know both men and women who in a shtf situation would take advantage of the situation and get rid of or write off that spouse that they have thought is dead weight for sometime, but have not wanted to go through the costly divorce process, hassle or convenience that person brings to the table, but they know they are better off without them.

Some as sadi before have a good marriage, but I would say 36% forgetting they have spouse or letting them go and saving themselves in todays society is iffy.

The real question is, after 30 days how many would cut them lose,

That is a pretty good way of doing it, my primary bug out bag is set up for three days for two, that I can grab and be out of here in 3 minutes, in 30 minutes time I can grab enough to last two people more than 3 weeks, In three hours we could be packed up with all necessities,clothing food, water, guns /ammo, extra fuel and on the road. the crazies can have whats left, furniture is nice but will not feed us.

In three hours the roads will probably be so jammed you won't be going anywhere...

In three hours the roads will probably be so jammed you won't be going anywhere...

COuld be and then again how many people are smart enough to leave town when the inevitable is coming look at the south east, everytime a big hurricane hits 999 out of 1,000 stay those that do leave waith until the roads are jammed or the gas stations are out of fuel.

True it is best to relocate ahead of time which is exactly what I am trying to do by trying to get a job transfer to a rural area. but in the mean time I have to look at the options and consider everything, one thing the military taught me is what you are not using keep packed away especially if you are planning on moving, it is a lot easier to load rubber maids or packed boxes than to start from sratch.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews