Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My wife's newly assembled AR

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by techieguy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

I just finished assembling my wife's AR :eek: Just a simple 16" carbine with Burris Fast Fire II red dot...and matching Duracoart (Goddess Purple) with her M&P9 The pictures really don't show the true color... I'll try to take some new pix in better light sometime soon. Hopefully we can get it sighted in this week.

4723138046_7b59501ae0_b.jpg
    4723132186_3d5e0d3d90_b.jpg

2. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Nice job. Looks good! Hopefully the barrel assembled easily. Lets hear how it shoots, when you break it in.

3. techieguy

Barrel slid together just fine! Not too tight...not too loose but just right ;) Yep as soon as we can get to the range I'll let you know. It was slow in coming together as I was trying to get the $$$ to assemble two AR at the same time with a lousy economy but her AR is done and my 6.8 upper is complete:D So now it's just a matter of getting the time to go to the range:thumbup:

4. oregonshooter

oregonshooter AMERICA Member

Purty!

5. robsonrider

robsonrider Portland, OR Member

That is a good looking M&P 9!

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I'd need that red dot on a riser.

Otherwise it's looking great.
    DIY finish?

7. techieguy

Thanks! My wife really likes it!

It can be... but it wasn't:eek: Paint and I don't get along very well:confused: So I had it done by David at Trident Indrusties

8. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Nice job. :)

9. techieguy

Well we (my wife and I) finally had a chance to sight in her rifle. We only put 25 rounds though because of limited time (running a patch down every other shot) allowing the barrel to stay cool. With my wife shooting without her glasses, she manage to keep a >2" group at 25 yards... so I'm would expect with another shooter (one without glass or wearing their glasses) behind the rifle it should do better.:eek: Next I will drag the target out to 100 yards and watch my wife cringe:bluelaugh: