JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

My single stage press

• Total voters
Some of the responses remind me of some people who never change oil in their cars. They'll often say "it burns a quart about ever couple thousand miles so when I add a quart that's all it needs.

If you have a single stage press, not much needed. The more moving parts, the more one should take a moment and clean, inspect, and lube. I just find it a good way to keep an extended loading session from being interrupted by a broken part.

I love to load single stage....slow and no mistakes....very theraputic. People are intimidated by handloading but it is quite simple. Just follow a couple of good manuals ( the Lee book is great) and pay very close attention to detail and you will have no problems and have better ammo tailored to your specific rifle or handgun.......

Technically, I do my reloading with several Dillon 1050s. However, my Forster Co-Ax is still mounted on the bench. I use it mostly for depriming.
To all those with RockChuckers: Try a Forster Co-Ax. You'll never look back.

Co-Ax is nice. Good to have several "stations" for different steps in the process. Speeds things up and breaks up the routine a little. The Dillon is almost flawless, single stage for depriming, Gracy for case trimming,etc....

RCBS Rock Chucker for single stage loading of rifle ammo.
RCBS Progressive (Piggyback on top of a Rock Chucker frame) for .45 ACP

Used to load on a MEC for shotgun, but with so little use of lead anymore, it just lives in a box.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top