JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

My single stage press

• Total voters
Some of the responses remind me of some people who never change oil in their cars. They'll often say "it burns a quart about ever couple thousand miles so when I add a quart that's all it needs.

If you have a single stage press, not much needed. The more moving parts, the more one should take a moment and clean, inspect, and lube. I just find it a good way to keep an extended loading session from being interrupted by a broken part.

I love to load single stage....slow and no mistakes....very theraputic. People are intimidated by handloading but it is quite simple. Just follow a couple of good manuals ( the Lee book is great) and pay very close attention to detail and you will have no problems and have better ammo tailored to your specific rifle or handgun.......

Technically, I do my reloading with several Dillon 1050s. However, my Forster Co-Ax is still mounted on the bench. I use it mostly for depriming.
To all those with RockChuckers: Try a Forster Co-Ax. You'll never look back.

Co-Ax is nice. Good to have several "stations" for different steps in the process. Speeds things up and breaks up the routine a little. The Dillon is almost flawless, single stage for depriming, Gracy for case trimming,etc....

RCBS Rock Chucker for single stage loading of rifle ammo.
RCBS Progressive (Piggyback on top of a Rock Chucker frame) for .45 ACP

Used to load on a MEC for shotgun, but with so little use of lead anymore, it just lives in a box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top