JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm experienced reloading rifle cartridges (some handgun) and I'm interested in shotshell reloading. My use would be low volume production of high quality hunting loads in 12 and 16 gauge. Loads would likely include use of tungsten alloy and bismuth shot.

Two single-stage presses I'm looking at are the MEC Sizemaster and the Ponsness/Warren (P/W) Duomatic 375.

Your thoughts on these presses (or other suggestions), given my use case, would be appreciated.

I'm particularly interested in experience on the two gauge setup - convenience changing tooling for one press?

Thanks in advance.

Used Mec 8567, 9000s plus a Spolar, PW 800 and 950. What gauge, how much and how frequently. At one point I was loading 800-1000 per week running Mec 9000s for 28-12 and an 8567 for 410, hence the move to a Hydro Spolar.

I would say about 100 per week on a 600-650 on a continual basis. After that, you'll want to go progressive. The 8567 you have to manually index and catch the shell coming off the shell plate. The 9000 you just have to insert an empty hull and wad and pull the handle. For the price, I think the 375 is the way to go if you can find one available.

The PW rolls the best 410 2.5" I think. If I was to get a do over, I would have originally gone with PW 800s for all gauges.

I'm experienced reloading rifle cartridges (some handgun) and I'm interested in shotshell reloading. My use would be low volume production of high quality hunting loads in 12 and 16 gauge. Loads would likely include use of tungsten alloy and bismuth shot.

Two single-stage presses I'm looking at are the MEC Sizemaster and the Ponsness/Warren (P/W) Duomatic 375.

Your thoughts on these presses (or other suggestions), given my use case, would be appreciated.

I'm particularly interested in experience on the two gauge setup - convenience changing tooling for one press?

Thanks in advance.
I have a Ponsness Warren progressive set up for 12ga advertised for $625. Great machine and fast.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top