JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to boarding school in Kentucky for high school. My roommate was from Bosnia and told me about the horror stories of the things that he had to witness as a kid.

Wanna hear it from the horses mouth about the shtf? This guy has lived it.

A SUPER READ!

my shtf expirience-wartime - Survivalist Forum

My brother inlaw did two tours in Bosnia (both US Army) and my nephew did a year in Kosovo. What this guy is saying is right on the money.

They are both prepped and ready, so I am and I make sure where ever I live ( I have moved several time for work) that I am prepped and ready, one of the first things i do is figure who I can trust to watch my back and I let them Know I am there for them if SHTF. Someone has to watch my back while I am sleeping or scavaging, anyone here who thinks they will not have scavenge something is sadly mistaken.

Quote from Selco from his survival experience:

I think i have knowledge now to smell trouble, you know when everybody is saying that everything is going to be fine you somehow know that is everything going to fall apart.

This is the part that I am concerned about. Do we have the knowledge how to smell trouble? To know that even though the authorities are saying everything is alright...somehow we know it is going to get worse before it gets better?

I wonder what Selco would think if he were living in this country right now?

This is the part that I am concerned about. Do we have the knowledge how to smell trouble? To know that even though the authorities are saying everything is alright...somehow we know it is going to get worse before it gets better?

In regards to the current situation, here in the US I think the majority of people sense trouble despite what the bureaucrats and talking heads are saying. Unfortunately most people are reactive, rather than proactive. A minority are taking steps as they see fit; the majority are waiting for things to "get better." That is how it always is (human nature is so predictable). Be thankful you are one of the proactive ones; in this instance it will pay off big-time!

In regards to the current situation, here in the US I think the majority of people sense trouble despite what the bureaucrats and talking heads are saying. Unfortunately most people are reactive, rather than proactive. A minority are taking steps as they see fit; the majority are waiting for things to "get better." That is how it always is (human nature is so predictable). Be thankful you are one of the proactive ones; in this instance it will pay off big-time!

I agree with this, and seek out friends, family, neighbors, coworkers or others locally who feel the same way.

I currently live in smaller city (but still a city buy all means) and am fortunately because I am renting I am not locked into a mortgage that is underwater like a lot of people. I am currently attempting to get a transfer to another in a very rural area.

Why am I stating this in response this, because like MISSJ, EZLIVIN and others on here I believe I am one of the fortunate ones to see what is coming and do think it will pretty or get better for sometime to come, and those of who have been blessed to see what is coming need to prepare and try warn others who will listen. I for one do not like living in a city and am here only out of necessity for a good job, but while I am here and setting the things I will need and as soon as I can I will relocate to a rural area and take my supplies with me.

I used to be a Super Mod on the above site and had many long discussions with that poster, he's a nice guy.
The Bosnian/Balkan war can teach us many important lessons especially since it involved combat in Modern Urban settings. There are many excelent books and documentarys on this subject as well as one true life drama of 2 friends who were the top snipers in thier area and ended-up on oppisite sides trying to kill each other, the urban sniping techniques shown in the movie are very informative.

Most PPL simply refuse to concider that an American city can be cut off and starved out in a few weeks let alone be destroyed by internal riots and mayhem exposing them to what really happenedthrough a movie mght be a way to get them thinking.

I used to be a Super Mod on the above site and had many long discussions with that poster, he's a nice guy.
The Bosnian/Balkan war can teach us many important lessons especially since it involved combat in Modern Urban settings. There are many excelent books and documentarys on this subject as well as one true life drama of 2 friends who were the top snipers in thier area and ended-up on oppisite sides trying to kill each other, the urban sniping techniques shown in the movie are very informative.

Most PPL simply refuse to concider that an American city can be cut off and starved out in a few weeks let alone be destroyed by internal riots and mayhem exposing them to what really happenedthrough a movie mght be a way to get them thinking.

Do you recall the name of the movie?

-d

I have followed that thread by Selco on the other site and consider it a must read. I truly believe that it is a wealth of information about how things really would be (and were) in a total SHTF situation. In many areas, it completely changed my notions about how to prepare and what to expect.

I am very grateful to Selco for posting it. I hope he writes a book.

Thanks for nice words, i am still trying to put it all together, and make some kind of order, to be honest i did not expect so much questions and interest, so mostly i am confused with great amount of questions.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top