JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know why anyone would feel safe hunting alongside a stranger that doesn't even own a hunting rifle.
This wasn't a hunt. This was shooting elk in a field. Quite a bit different than wandering off in the woods, but I can see what you are saying. I checked things out before hand, toured the property, conversed with the landowner on multiple occasions. Did my homework, or so thought. Yeah, it did backfire somewhat. Live and learn.

This wasn't a hunt. This was shooting elk in a field. Quite a bit different than wandering off in the woods, but I can see what you are saying. I checked things out before hand, toured the property, conversed with the landowner on multiple occasions. Did my homework, or so thought. Yeah, it did backfire somewhat. Live and learn.
Sorry, I didn't mean to criticize you personally. I just like to have a little more assurance of my safety from either the structure of a range, great distance or a personal relationship when it comes to firing lethal weapons. But maybe your shoot was about as controlled as a range.

Sorry, I didn't mean to criticize you personally. I just like to have a little more assurance of my safety from either the structure of a range, great distance or a personal relationship when it comes to firing lethal weapons. But maybe your shoot was about as controlled as a range.
You know what, you do you. You have zero good stories.

I just like to have a little more assurance of my safety from either the structure of a range, great distance or a personal relationship when it comes to firing lethal weapons.
This is understandable and I would want the same.

I have however gone shooting with several people I had never met personally but glad to say they were all forum members who I had PMd with, spoke to on the phone and was able to develop a pretty good 'preconceived' idea about all of them (and I am sure them the same of me!) and I can honestly say I had a good experience with all of them as well - and some I have shot with on multiple occasions.

This is understandable and I would want the same.

I have however gone shooting with several people I had never met personally but glad to say they were all forum members who I had PMd with, spoke to on the phone and was able to develop a pretty good 'preconceived' idea about all of them (and I am sure them the same of me!) and I can honestly say I had a good experience with all of them as well - and some I have shot with on multiple occasions.
Sounds like you established a personal relationship with them.

You must be a lot of fun at parties.
You mean at the make-your-own-silencer and Tupperware party?

I'm still wondering why you didn't just tag your elk , cut it up and leave with your firearms?

Even if the dreaded boogy man behind the tree's showed up.
Without ** YOU ** calling , it would have been the same outcome.

Kinda seem's like your upset that you were a taddle tale and they took your toy. Instead of rewarding you for being a narc..

coin.png

Last Edited:
Yep, the inmates are running the asylum. Police aren't really doing (or aren't allowed to do) squat.

I've relayed a similar story before. It is a real problem when someone has been reported to authorities multiple times for drunken disorderly, public endangerment, public indecency, and brandishing weapons, yet nothing is done. When this loser got drunk while playing with loaded guns and blew a hole through the drywall into his kid's bedroom, police finally came and confiscated multiple firearms he was not allowed to own. He should have been arrested and charged for possessing illegal firearms. He should have been charged for child endangerment. He should have been charged for improperly securing firearms. He should have been charged for a myriad of other broken laws. But nothing happened. Yet, less than a month had passed before he had more guns on display. Last week gunshots were heard at that residence again. No police responded. Eventually, whether negligent or intentional, he will kill or seriously injure someone. Will the police do something, anything to prevent this from happening, or will they just bring chalk to outline the bodies? Meanwhile, residents of the once respectable neighborhood are left to believe that laws and their safety mean nothing. They are apparently just supposed to accept the threat of randomly getting shot by a jerk who belongs in jail many times over. It's totally screwed up.
The prosecution is up to the local DA.

I agree that getting / gotten a felony charged against you is actually not that difficult if law enforcement and the district attorney want to go that route.
It could be easy to get a felony, but after reading hundreds or rap sheets, it's not. You will typically see numerous, often ten or more felony arrests that are plead out to misdemeanors or dismissed (I understand and of course defend innocent until proven guilty but if you work in law enforcement long enough you know in nearly all of these cases you are dealing with a guilty person). Then they get into prison and commit multiple felonies that the DA's don't bother filing.

Yes, there are the one offs were a person with a clean record commits a serious crime and is charged and convicted of a felony, but these are truly the exception in my experience. I watch (sorry, my bride watches) Law & Order and they offer crook a "deal" of 15 years for something and I just laugh. A deal would be 15 weeks or credit time served.
Would a Soros DA try to make a felony case against say, a good neighbor on this forum? You betcha. But there are hundreds of other real criminals for each one of those...imho.

I'm still wondering why you didn't just tag your elk , cut it up and leave with your firearms?

Even if the dreaded boogy man behind the tree's showed up.
Without ** YOU ** calling , it would have been the same outcome.

Kinda seem's like your upset that you were a taddle tale and they took your toy. Instead of rewarding you for being a narc..

View attachment 1186805
Someone puts you in a position without your knowledge that could hinder your ability to engage in the activities that you love most and you're just gonna roll with it? Better a narc than a cuck I guess

Wouldn't a person getting a pound of weed and splitting it up between acquaintances draw a felony if busted 20 years ago? Maybe not in Oregon as it was decriminalize when I moved here in '83. That sounds like a pretty easy to get felony to me? Or someone with some cocaine? People like that aren't a danger to society.
Good question. In many locations, for decades, first offenses (well, actually, the first time someone is caught) allow for diversion for nearly every drug offense. Yes, it can be a felony, in reality (at least where I worked and from talking with LEO's from around the country) it's just usually not. Someone is likely to fight a felony. This causes a lot of work for the DDA, possibility of a loss (their win/loss record is important) and now they are busy preparing for this trial instead of pleading out several dozen other cases. Again, they can be a felony, and most of us agree they should be, just not the way it often plays out.

Someone puts you in a position without your knowledge that could hinder your ability to engage in the activities that you love most and you're just gonna roll with it? Better a narc than a cuck I guess
Like I said, You were a taddle tale and they took your toy and put it in time out.

I didn't say roll with it,
I stated that if someone illegally shoot's a animal, They broke the law. Not you.
You had no idea.
If the cop's don't show up, Why call them and cause trouble for yourself and someone else.
Why not just take your sh*t , leave and no longer be around that person and know that they are no good?

Why does a person think they need to have the "authority" be involved in every aspect of life?

You made your choice and hemmed someone up. For your own reason, But dang dude don't complain when you were the one that called the cop's.

I personally don't care if you were scared of getting in trouble for someone else action's or just had to prove a point that you had the " moral " high ground.

Not my business

Narc.jpg

Why not just take your sh*t , leave and no longer be around that person and know that they are no good?

Why does a person think they need to have the "authority" be involved in every aspect of life?
Because if the bad guy gets caught, (likely) then you become an accomplice without other evidence. Secondly, the bad guy can get away with it and keeps poaching which hurts the honest peoples opportunities to harvest game.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top