JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought I'd share my own experience, being a newbie here.

TLDR; it's good to know there are other snarky weirdos on the internet who have the same interests. While we may not always agree, most of us can still get along amicably.

I'm just over 500 posts and half a year in since discovering this forum. I can tell I'm one of the younger whippersnappers here, but I think I get along with anyone of any age. I believe that is because I'm usually (not always lol) willing to shut up and learn something, or at the very least, listen to what someone is saying. And just in my short time here, I can tell there is a great amount of wisdom, as well as life experiences to be shared and learned from.

The initial reason why I joined is to find some ammo/parts, but I stayed to listen to all the great, and/or troubling, stories being shared here, and how they relate to your hobby/interests in firearms. I've been interested in firearms for a long time, both as an enjoyable pastime, but also as a means of life, through hunting, and in self defense. The latter, now more than ever.

I have had some experience with shot guns and rifles, but not as much with pistols. Fortunately, I've met some great people who are willing to share their knowledge with me, and help me become a better shooter. Just this weekend, I met up with another new member, @ScatPackLife, to do some target practice. I put a lot of rounds down range, and for the first time ever, I was able to run through an entire magazine, without missing, and score solid hits. My hand was sore by the end of the session, but I feel a lot more confident now in my pistol capabilities.

20210807_075838-01.jpeg
I finished off my target stand early in the morning.

I have met and enjoyed the company of people who love this country and lands as much as I do (or maybe even more) through the Trash No Land foundation. I listened to stories from other volunteers while picking up trash/cleaning graffiti, we all come from different backgrounds, and have different experiences that lead us to different points of views; however, the two things we can quickly come together on is keeping our lands clean and safe/responsible use of firearms, for ourselves as well as the next generation. It's amazing what people can accomplish when we all have a common goal. @Cogs' dedication to the cause and bringing people together is inspiring, he was also at the range this weekend, but was focused on watering the trees we planted, as well as picking up trash.

Near the end of our range session, there were two couples who showed up later in the morning. One of them had a "coexist" sticker on the back of their car, which was very unexpected given my previous experience. One of the other ladies, with bright green hair, was getting her very first introduction to firearms. I think it's great to see anyone who takes an interest in firearms or self defense, and these were not the overt "gun nuts" one would expect to see. One of the guys offered to let us shoot his 308, which I'd never shot before. Overall, friendly people who were also interested in firearms, but I'm sure were different in their backgrounds than myself.

Without this forum, whose intention is to bring us together, I wouldn't have had this great resource to learn from, and to pass down knowledge to my daughter. (Side note: she picked up the idea of trigger discipline right away, unlike the wife. My wife's coworker is also new to firearms, and sent us a picture of his newly purchased shotgun. My daughter, 9 years old, pointed out his lack of trigger discipline in the photo... lol) I also would not have had the opportunity to go out and meet like minded people while cleaning up our forests, nor the opportunity to "re-fund" the police by scrubbing away "defund the police" graffiti.

20210625_181630-01.jpeg
Bill seen here spraying citrus solvents to break up the defund the police graffiti.

In these times of great divisiveness, I find myself fortunate to meet people who are able to look past all the noise and focus on the bigger picture, bringing us together in support of the 2nd amendment and our right to defend ourselves from the many who wish to do us and our families harm. There will always be those people, who want to take something from others without earning it, and that includes your attention/time/energy. This forum has a tremendously worthy, and necessary mission... one we can only accomplish if we continue to stick together.

I will highly recommend this forum to others. 11 stars.

-Robert

I thought I'd share my own experience, being a newbie here.

TLDR; it's good to know there are other snarky weirdos on the internet who have the same interests. While we may not always agree, most of us can still get along amicably.

I'm just over 500 posts and half a year in since discovering this forum. I can tell I'm one of the younger whippersnappers here, but I think I get along with anyone of any age. I believe that is because I'm usually (not always lol) willing to shut up and learn something, or at the very least, listen to what someone is saying. And just in my short time here, I can tell there is a great amount of wisdom, as well as life experiences to be shared and learned from.

The initial reason why I joined is to find some ammo/parts, but I stayed to listen to all the great, and/or troubling, stories being shared here, and how they relate to your hobby/interests in firearms. I've been interested in firearms for a long time, both as an enjoyable pastime, but also as a means of life, through hunting, and in self defense. The latter, now more than ever.

I have had some experience with shot guns and rifles, but not as much with pistols. Fortunately, I've met some great people who are willing to share their knowledge with me, and help me become a better shooter. Just this weekend, I met up with another new member, @ScatPackLife, to do some target practice. I put a lot of rounds down range, and for the first time ever, I was able to run through an entire magazine, without missing, and score solid hits. My hand was sore by the end of the session, but I feel a lot more confident now in my pistol capabilities.

View attachment 1008293
I finished off my target stand early in the morning.

I have met and enjoyed the company of people who love this country and lands as much as I do (or maybe even more) through the Trash No Land foundation. I listened to stories from other volunteers while picking up trash/cleaning graffiti, we all come from different backgrounds, and have different experiences that lead us to different points of views; however, the two things we can quickly come together on is keeping our lands clean and safe/responsible use of firearms, for ourselves as well as the next generation. It's amazing what people can accomplish when we all have a common goal. @Cogs' dedication to the cause and bringing people together is inspiring, he was also at the range this weekend, but was focused on watering the trees we planted, as well as picking up trash.

Near the end of our range session, there were two couples who showed up later in the morning. One of them had a "coexist" sticker on the back of their car, which was very unexpected given my previous experience. One of the other ladies, with bright green hair, was getting her very first introduction to firearms. I think it's great to see anyone who takes an interest in firearms or self defense, and these were not the overt "gun nuts" one would expect to see. One of the guys offered to let us shoot his 308, which I'd never shot before. Overall, friendly people who were also interested in firearms, but I'm sure were different in their backgrounds than myself.

Without this forum, whose intention is to bring us together, I wouldn't have had this great resource to learn from, and to pass down knowledge to my daughter. (Side note: she picked up the idea of trigger discipline right away, unlike the wife. My wife's coworker is also new to firearms, and sent us a picture of his newly purchased shotgun. My daughter, 9 years old, pointed out his lack of trigger discipline in the photo... lol) I also would not have had the opportunity to go out and meet like minded people while cleaning up our forests, nor the opportunity to "re-fund" the police by scrubbing away "defund the police" graffiti.

View attachment 1008294
Bill seen here spraying citrus solvents to break up the defund the police graffiti.

In these times of great divisiveness, I find myself fortunate to meet people who are able to look past all the noise and focus on the bigger picture, bringing us together in support of the 2nd amendment and our right to defend ourselves from the many who wish to do us and our families harm. There will always be those people, who want to take something from others without earning it, and that includes your attention/time/energy. This forum has a tremendously worthy, and necessary mission... one we can only accomplish if we continue to stick together.

I will highly recommend this forum to others. 11 stars.

-Robert
What pistol did you end up liking and shooting so well?

Wow, made more of the forum than I have... I spend entirely too much time looking at memes.

But I feel ya in general, kind of how I felt about the tri county gun club back when I was a member.

I need to join the club here to meet people, but it costs money so for now I shoot in my backyard. Or front yard... Or wherever, still figuring it out.

I had two places picked out but my neighbor pointed out the old owners shooting spot and now I'm thinking I might wanna shoot there.

Finding it and sorting through his brass was fun, he had a lot of Russian stuff mixed with 45acp and 223 and 22lr. Makes wonder years after I'm gone who will sort through my brass piles wondering the firearm it belonged to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top