JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Originally Posted by G XXII View Post
*Anything that says "Green" on the label

I agree on this but with regard to "Simple Green" cleaner the only thing green about this stuff is the color. Correct me if I am wrong but i do not believe it says anything on the label about it being a 'green' product due it it's impact (or lack of) on the environment. It does say non-toxic (maybe in small amounts) and biodegradeble (washes away with water) but this stuff is far from being a 'Green' product in that sense of the word - and it works great!

Hatin' on the Soobs in the PacNW!? We have a heathen amongst us brothers! Or more obvious, someone who has never trekked Snoqualmie, 4th of July, McCall, Lookout, MacDonald (etc) passes in deep Winter (N. Kali or Texan much?). Hate on Soobs for being the presumptuous liberal moe car of choice, but when the winter storm hits the fan, in MT and NorID it's the go-to vehicle.

While I'd like to admire your well-thought-out manly list of never-do's, I must apologise, I'm getting an impression of somewhat apathetic homophobic Glenn Beck has my children hostage what if my neighbors found out I like organic beef attitude. No need to impress buddy, we accept everyone and their family despite their political affiliations and lifestyles.

I just added Drugs to my Never to Buy List:nuts:

130 years ago I bet a lot of you would have said you never would buy an automobile or telephone. 75 years ago you never would have bought a TV or one of those cars with that useless power steering or power brakes, god forbid if your neighbors saw you with a semi auto center fire to hunt with. 30 years ago you never would have bought a computer or a car that gets decent fuel mileage or a "GASP" Japanese car cuz they were junk.

Here is a list of things i will never buy
*Any Subaru
Subies ROCK and no American made car can touch them for price and what they do.
*Toyota Prius
Great fuel economy, super reliable, efficient, oh, the horror, and yes they are ugly.
*Smart Car
Death trap but stupid cheap to buy and drive. So what is the problem
*Veggan food
It's great with a side of lamb.
*Canvas shopping bags
because recycling is EVIL
*Canvas tennis shoes
You are just jealous cuz you can't rock the Cons.
*Anything that says "Green" on the label
So you would rather use toxic chemicals?
*Obama's BS
No comment
*Obama Care
No comment
*Those stupid curly light bulbs
these things rock. spendy to buy but they last a LONG time and they do save money
*Low Flo shower head
No comment
*A cat:s0114:
I like cats. They serve a purpose and are more often than not more useful than dogs.
*Anything that might look like a man purse
Whats wrong with a murse :s0114:

130 years ago I bet a lot of you would have said you never would buy an automobile or telephone. 75 years ago you never would have bought a TV or one of those cars with that useless power steering or power brakes, god forbid if your neighbors saw you with a semi auto center fire to hunt with. 30 years ago you never would have bought a computer or a car that gets decent fuel mileage or a "GASP" Japanese car cuz they were junk.

My point being...
I'll drive my truck and use all the gas I want.
I'll eat all the meat I want.
I'll though-away all the plastic bags I want.
I'll wear all the Dead Cow shoes I want.
I'll use all the elec. I want.
and I'll use all the water I want, because this is America and it's my money
...As for cats I just don't like 'em :rocko

Mini Cooper

Jetta

Got to disagree here --- Jetta TDI is a pretty sweet ride... Gas mileage is amazing and the ride is pretty nice... (I don't own one, but a co-worker does and it is pretty cool)

Ditto with the Mini -- I have a friend with a "Sports" Mini and it is a KICK to ride in... he can go from a complete stop to 60 pretty darn fast... Don't eat a fatty lunch before riding with him...

Got to disagree here --- Jetta TDI is a pretty sweet ride... Gas mileage is amazing and the ride is pretty nice... (I don't own one, but a co-worker does and it is pretty cool)

Ditto with the Mini -- I have a friend with a "Sports" Mini and it is a KICK to ride in... he can go from a complete stop to 60 pretty darn fast... Don't eat a fatty lunch before riding with him...

+1 I have a regular 2008 Jetta. It gets great gas mileage, runs good, and hauls my family and whatever else we need around pretty well. It even has a HUGE trunk. My friends and I joked that I could probably fit 3-4 bodies in there if needed, and the back seats fold down to give even more storage space. :s0155:

The idea that any free market think tank has my best interests at heart, that the federal government created the housing bubble, trickle down, that wars for nothing are good and bs'ing the public to have them is not treason, that grassroots organizations don't require collection plates, and the very sanity of any who know they aren't brainwashed.

Mookie, I am a fairly green thinking person, but I always keep in mind the free market and an absolute disgust for subsidies, quotas and other external hands that should stay out of the gearworks. Stick it in and you deserve to lose it.

I hate CFLs (curly bulbs). I used them in college because it saved me money, but now that I'm not on an absurd budget, I much prefer my GE Reveals* and am willing to pay extra for them. Not to mention if I break one, which I did earlier this year, it's not a friggin mercury hazard. However, we all get the pleasure of having them in our home regardless due to the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 placing strict efficiency requirements on incandescent bulbs, more or less underhandedly phasing them out between 2012 and 2014.

*GE just came out with CFL Reveals a couple weeks ago..hm.

I dunno about you, but my 2006 Legacy was American made in Indiana. Legacies have been made in Indiana since the late 80s. The Prius is good once it's on the road, but where do those nickel metal hydride batteries go after 120,000 miles? What kind of environmental costs went into manufacturing the Prius? Where did you old car go? Well trickling down the line, where did that spare car go? Environmental impacts must be looked at throughout the lifecycle of an automobile. Prius is a brilliant marketing marvel of our time, but certainly not engineering.

I completely agree with G XXII, in theory, but in reality you have subsidies, lobbyists, quotas, closed-door legislation and under-table negotiations. The belief those choices reflecting true-market costs is equivalent to Skittle rainbows and raining kittens.

Hatin' on the Soobs in the PacNW!? We have a heathen amongst us brothers! Or more obvious, someone who has never trekked Snoqualmie, 4th of July, McCall, Lookout, MacDonald (etc) passes in deep Winter (N. Kali or Texan much?). Hate on Soobs for being the presumptuous liberal moe car of choice, but when the winter storm hits the fan, in MT and NorID it's the go-to vehicle.

Agreed

My tahoe is my fair weather people hauler, but when it comes to snow, gravel, or just a windey road to the coast... the WRX is the go-to vehicle.

Personally, I'll never buy a mac product

a side note here:

imagine what someone said when the idea of putting a toilet 'inside' the house was mentioned....wth? :huh:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top