JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a rude response to a rude comment. just because they don't look like they can do anything doesn't mean they can't do something, from one veteran to another. also I'll bet a lot of those folks at the dav meetings are a lot older than 60 years old

Yup, you'd win that bet. There are some from WWII and Korea, some in their 90's, some in their 80's. Then there are some from Vietnam, some in their 60's, some in their 70's. Some of these vets are in wheel chairs, some with walkers, some with canes, some with crutches, some look as healthy as a boot marine.

Rude ? I think my comment not rude, but based upon my personal observation I experience at DAV, American Legion and VFW meetings. I accept you considered my comment rude. Does that then justify a rude response without your really knowing what my comment was about ? How old are you ?

Originally Posted by Hook686 View Post
Do 60 year old marines really job in without knowing what is going on ? I know a lot of 60 year old veterans that cannot jump too well.

Your original comment didn't mention Disabled Vet.......

Yup, you'd win that bet. There are some from WWII and Korea, some in their 90's, some in their 80's. Then there are some from Vietnam, some in their 60's, some in their 70's. Some of these vets are in wheel chairs, some with walkers, some with canes, some with crutches, some look as healthy as a boot marine.

Rude ? I think my comment not rude, but based upon my personal observation I experience at DAV, American Legion and VFW meetings. I accept you considered my comment rude. Does that then justify a rude response without your really knowing what my comment was about ? How old are you ?

just going on what you posted and the way you disrespected the vets. just because they are in wheelchairs or on crunches or don't look like they can do anything doesn't mean they would not rise to the need if it came to that. and it looks like I am not the only one that that read your statement that way. if you want to rephrase your statement I may change mine. as far as my age goes I am old enough to have put 10 years in the marines and then been a civilian for a few days.

"North Carolina middle school scares students by using fake gunmen during ?enrichment exercise? (VIDEO)"

i thought that this was the subject or topic, right turn Clyde

just going on what you posted and the way you disrespected the vets. just because they are in wheelchairs or on crunches or don't look like they can do anything doesn't mean they would not rise to the need if it came to that. and it looks like I am not the only one that that read your statement that way. if you want to rephrase your statement I may change mine. as far as my age goes I am old enough to have put 10 years in the marines and then been a civilian for a few days.

Now I think you are being silly. All disabled veterans are veterans, but not all veterans are disabled veterans. Rephrase my comment is not necessary, as it was quite non-toxic and to the point as posted. It really does not matter how many folks read it the way you did. It only matters the way I intended it. Thank you for your service if you did serve, as just because you are old enough to have served ten years does not mean you did. Bottom line, not everyone can jump right in.

My comments are along the lines of opinion that judging other peoples abilities and actions based upon your own, or a friends, is not always the wise way. Not all veterans can jump into a ruckus, or should jump in. Expecting it strikes me much the same as expecting a cop to come to your aid when needed.

Now I think you are being silly. All disabled veterans are veterans, but not all veterans are disabled veterans. Rephrase my comment is not necessary, as it was quite non-toxic and to the point as posted. It really does not matter how many folks read it the way you did. It only matters the way I intended it. Thank you for your service if you did serve, as just because you are old enough to have served ten years does not mean you did. Bottom line, not everyone can jump right in.

My comments are along the lines of opinion that judging other peoples abilities and actions based upon your own, or a friends, is not always the wise way. Not all veterans can jump into a ruckus, or should jump in. Expecting it strikes me much the same as expecting a cop to come to your aid when needed.

Since my crystal ball is broken and I cannot know what you intend to say instead what you say this would be a wasted conversation so have a good day.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top