JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Music while cleaning?

• Yes

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
mostly classical music.
I knew a guy who reloaded while listening to rock, long story short, he double loaded a .45acp and blew his 1911 into pieces.

For regular cleaning, i put on the TV and find something stupid to listen to and not have to look at very often.

But for a long "session" cleaning cosmoline out of an old milsurp, Pink Floyd's Meddle album is perfect.

John Prine: "There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes..."

Hank Williams Jr.: A Country Boy Can Survive

Charlie Daniels Band: Long Haired Country Boy

Or, failing all those inspirational numbers, anything by this obscure artist:

TedNugentattheRoseland062.jpg

I defy anybody to double-charge and blow up a 1911 while listening to "Homebound" by Ted Nugent. Instrumental (yeah, Ted does that), and will grab whatever drudgery and down-feelings you might harbor, yank them out by the roots, stomp on them and tell you to go retrieve them if you dare. You ain't gonna want 'em when he's done.

Although I clicked "yes", I actually like to throw on a good gun or war movie on the tube while I'm cleaning guns. Obviously, my attention is mainly going to be on the firearm so I don't really want to throw on something I haven't seen before...but throwing on some good, classic movie gets me in the right mindset to clean my guns. I try to take at least 1-hour per gun. The only exception to this is my AR and my 1911....usually spend anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours for them.

Same here. Though, last time I wound up watching JFK just because it was around. That made me feel a bit conspiratorial...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top