JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just put a Velos LBP for our scar 16s and a Dead Air Ghost M for our fnx45/g17/19 in jail for the next 7mo. Hoping it makes the scar a little less uncomfortable to shoot. Might need to look into something for my M4 and sam7 down the road.

These will be our first suppressors and I've heard/seen people dunk them in a solution to clean. Anyone have any tips on how to keep them operating proficiently? Listed exact models in case there are specific cleaning methods per suppression/baffle type.

Ultra sonic cleaners work well. I've also had great luck with a new cleaner called Breakthrough that works wonders! I sacrificed an old Nalgene bottle and simply soak the parts for a bit and brush clean. The stuff works well enough that after a few weeks soaking, I was able to restore an old sealed 22lr canđź‘Ť

"the dip" if I recall, is equal parts hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. Supposed to do a real good job of cleaning suppressors but leaves behind a highly toxic lead precipitate in the solution. And it may or may not be safe on aluminum or titanium. Go poke around the Internet on the dip and you'll get better/more complete info

"the dip" if I recall, is equal parts hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. Supposed to do a real good job of cleaning suppressors but leaves behind a highly toxic lead precipitate in the solution. And it may or may not be safe on aluminum or titanium. Go poke around the Internet on the dip and you'll get better/more complete info
Second the extremely toxic part. Also it tastes sweet too.

I have an all aluminum 22lr suppressor that is serviceable and a non serviceable 30 cal full auto rated can. The aluminum takes a bit of elbow grease to clean, I normally SOAK the thing with a penetrating oil like WD or Breakfree and fire a mag through it to force the oil into the nooks and crannies for an overnight soak. The 30 cal, I just give the kids a bunch of fmj range ammo (308) and tell them to get it good and hot, that's all that one takes.

I don't think you were supposed to drink it... is that why the calculations this morning were off??? :s0140:
Lead acetate, or Sugar of Lead as the Romans used to call it. They would sweeten their wine with it. That went about as well as you would expect.

tumblr_n95bcoFhj31tglg2co2_500.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top