JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I noticed that their webpage they had with information regarding sign off was gone- at least the old link. Does anyone know if they are signing Form 4/1s currently?

Thanks

Without doing an actual survey, how many of you did your trusts via willmaker vs through an nfa friendly attorney? Part of me feels like the multi hundred dollar gun trusts are just bait to get people to pay for something unnecessary. The other part of me thinks something like trust should be done right. Considering the ATF seems to take it either way, makes it even harder to decide.

Since everyone gave advice, but no one answered your actual question (getting a trust or not is debated everywhere - do your homework and make your own decision).

I checked with MCSO yesterday (Jan 11, 2014) - they say they are still accepting Forms for CLEO signature.

Since everyone gave advice, but no one answered your actual question (getting a trust or not is debated everywhere - do your homework and make your own decision).

I checked with MCSO yesterday (Jan 11, 2014) - they say they are still accepting Forms for CLEO signature.

ok, so if one's police chief doesn't sign the form could you approach your county sheriff? when mom says no ask dad; or is that a no-no? i have my form 1 done i have an appt to go in to the police station (in sandy, OR clackamas county) to get my prints and they said i could present the form at that time.

From here: Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Firearms | ATF

Q: What law enforcement officials' certifications on an application to transfer or make an NFA weapon are acceptable to ATF?

As provided by regulations, certifications by the local chief of police, sheriff of the county, head of the State police, or State or local district attorney or prosecutor are acceptable. The regulations also provide that certifications of other officials are appropriate if found in a particular case to be acceptable to the Director. Examples of other officials who have been accepted in specific situations include State attorneys general and judges of State courts having authority to conduct jury trials in felony cases.
[27 CFR 479.63 and 479.85]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads