JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only three messages, all about your account status? Seems like we don't know any more about you than we did ten years ago. That is, nothing.

I believe you have to post a certain number of times, go through and fill out some info on the new member info etc. I had to go through and do some of these things years after I joined as well.

Maybe message one of the moderators to what specifically needs to be done.

How long does this last? I've had this account for ten years. Is that long enough to change my status...
Probably not.

Just a hunch, but I figure that status change is driven by activity on the site, not elapsed time since creating an account. Join in on a few discussions, maybe ask a question or two (other than about "status"), and if you have no questions at all, then bless us with an answer to questions that others have posted. Just sayin'.

How long does this last? I've had this account for ten years. Is that long enough to change my status...
10 years but only 3 posts. Those are rookie numbers, gotta get those numbers up.

Id assume it's a safety feature, you gotta put in the time and forum work. Otherwise the forum gets spammed with phishing accounts, spammers and scammers.

Publicly stating the mechanism would defeat the purpose as it is in place to deter trolls, scammers, and the rest of the banes. Take heart though, I'm sure it will be gone very soon. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, at your service. :s0155:

You can post "welcome" on a bunch of new member introductions.

Or post "is this still available?" On a bunch of classified ads, with no intention to actually buy it.

Or post a bunch of smile face :) on posts that you like.

1707266727736.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Only three messages, all about your account status? Seems like we don't know any more about you than we did ten years ago. That is, nothing.
Are we going out on a date? Exactly what is that you would like to know about me?

Perhaps in the year 2024 some people desire a certain level of anonymity on the internet and value their data privacy....

Publicly stating the mechanism would defeat the purpose as it is in place to deter trolls, scammers, and the rest of the banes. Take heart though, I'm sure it will be gone very soon. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, at your service. :s0155:
That makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top