JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Enough...
Please remember the forum rules....
If further rule violations happen the thread will be shut down.
Andy
No disrespect to you, or your moderation team, but as a new member who's first news post had an off color joke, and then consistent hounding being called a troll for not towing the party line opinion, along with some heavy generalizations this is a prettt damn hostile place for new comers. I didn't come to "agitate" if I did I wouldn't have ignored 4 users already. But dang, not much room to be anything but what the users want and expect you to be as a gun owner.

WARNING: Thread Closure Imminent

This thread has had numerous rule violations from multiple members. Additional rule violations will result in this thread being closed.

Please click the Report button to report rule violations and help keep this thread open.

Don't shut it down... it's just getting good. Debate is healthy, not toxic...
Crying racism over everything they don't like is such a low-brown argument,
The anti-Stand Your Ground advocates say that it results in more minority deaths... why IS that... ? Racism? Or a statistical fact. Some of the same race-baiting pols are starting to disagree with some of the more egregious anti-2A legislation in urban areas... WHY? Well because it would ensnare a bunch of their constituents, that's why.

Not everyone w a gun in Baltimore, Boston, or Chicago is a gang-banger. But EVERY SINGLE ONE is subject to the same ridiculous laws, the ones that outlaw their self-preservation by any means necessary. They're picking up grannys and single mothers and charging them under the same "common sense" anti-gun-owner statutes as the drive-by ganksters... unacceptable.
You're right criminals won't respect laws, but they'll play enough within the bounds to get away with worse at times.
Pretty rare. You're talking about TV sh*t, CSI and the like.

REAL criminals, the ones who do the REAL damage, are known to the cops in any city. They're a tiny part of the population, maybe .05%. Even among ciminals they're a minority... the cops know who they are. There are no mastermind Dr Evils running around in the 'hood. Even the Parkland FL shooter and the most recent FL gaming festival shooter were known to the cops loong before they started shooting.

Most murders committed with firearms (by a HUGE amount) are gang related and have no relation whatsoever with some low-lying genius waiting for his big break.

Child molesters and rapists... well, that may be different, but that ain't what we're talking about.

Skin sure has been thin lately around here.

Kinda exemplifies my previous claims lol.

Awful lot of colonel sanders supporting chicken's bouncing around.

It's funny how free speech is advocated so heartily but when encountering speech that contradicts what someone disagrees with it is lauded as incomprehensible. 'Someone has the audacity to think differently'

I welcome new members, it should go without saying that opinions and discussions will not always see eye to eye. It just seems that a pattern is continually presenting itself with who isn't able to cope with differing thoughts.

Smart people seek out opposing or conflicting ideas to consider what they may not have thought of, then through logical and evidenced based discussion, strengthen or refine an argument/postulate. Simple minds seek mimicry of ideas to make themselves feel substantiated and validated that more people think similarly.

In a room full of idiots, popular bad ideas are still just what they are.

This is why higher education has such a problem. So many people in one place zealously supporting bad ideas to such an extent they can't comprehend criticism.

saying that a teacher MIGHT shoot a black kid on purpose if they have a gun is like saying i'll throw away a cheeseburger if ive been on a diet for a month and am starving

Jump to 1:30 to slip the intro

One of my problems with this and groups like Every Town is they STAY uneducated about the topic (year after year) but have awesome access to media and politicians and spew misinformation and disinformation. Because it is presented on such a mainstream platform it is accepted as fact by most likely, well intentioned people, who now want to argue with you armed with nonsense. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe, she's referring to recent "stand your ground" shooting, and a teacher "in fear of their life" may shoot a threatening student ? Just a ponder....:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top