JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So anyhow back on topic, are these really the people you want teaching your kids? I figure if I can't someone with a gun why would I want to truth them with my children.

Painting all teachers with a wide brush would leave some teachers who are adamant 2nd amendment supporters and highly proficient shooters with paint on them too :)

Arming teacher is a bag of cats, most teachers wouldn't touch a gun, other teachers would and would be careless / dangerous.

Make it a police qualification item, if they can pass the same qual that police can (people who can already legally carry a gun in schools) it's a non issue. People who are really serious about it and can pass that will most definitely be able to be more than 100% responsible and highly reliable in defending the school. At least more so than a Broward County Sherriff.

Painting all teachers with a wide brush would leave some teachers who are adamant 2nd amendment supporters and highly proficient shooters with paint on them too :)

Arming teacher is a bag of cats, most teachers wouldn't touch a gun, other teachers would and would be careless / dangerous.

Make it a police qualification item, if they can pass the same qual that police can (people who can already legally carry a gun in schools) it's a non issue. People who are really serious about it and can pass that will most definitely be able to be more than 100% responsible and highly reliable in defending the school. At least more so than a Broward County Sherriff.

In my risk assessment mind state every extra gun in a school, in a teacher's class is just another chance for a student to get ahold of it and use it.

In my risk assessment mind state every extra gun in a school, in a teacher's class is just another chance for a student to get ahold of it and use it.

BS - this is fear mongering. If a kid wants to get a gun he/she doesn't have to wait for their teacher to carry to get a hold of one. So far all school shooters have managed to get their hands on guns without teachers carrying at school and losing possession of their gun.

Somehow in our nations history we became pussies and idiots. A rifle used to be the 'walking stick' of every man, not that long ago a person could order a gun straight out of a catalog and have it shipped to their house. Teenagers had rifles and shotguns in their window racks in the parking lot and they didn't bring them in and shoot up the school.

If you listen to liberals too long you'll start to have thinking problems to, don't do it.

We are not talking about keeping pistols in desk drawers or purses. Strictly on body or in a real gun safe in an area without student access. We are also not talking about just handing out Glocks to every old schoolmarm. Volunteers would be background checked, vetted and approved by the principal and school board. After yearly training their identities would be kept secret from the students.

To avoid that one in a million carrier who shoots the toilet by accident, firearms may be required to be carried without one in the chamber. Does that ease your mind?

I can tell you that right now in Oregon schools there are some teachers and staff that are carrying without permission or proper active shooter training.

BS - this is fear mongering. If a kid wants to get a gun he/she doesn't have to wait for their teacher to carry to get a hold of one. So far all school shooters have managed to get their hands on guns without teachers carrying at school and losing possession of their gun.

Somehow in our nations history we became pussies and idiots. A rifle used to be the 'walking stick' of every man, not that long ago a person could order a gun straight out of a catalog and have it shipped to their house. Teenagers had rifles and shotguns in their window racks in the parking lot and they didn't bring them in and shoot up the school.

If you listen to liberals too long you'll start to have thinking problems to, don't do it.

Since we've never had a regular period of time where teachers carried as a necessity for safety it's too early to call BS. Give me a few years of reliable stats that show armed teachers lowered gun violence in schools and then I'd be ready to think otherwise.

Teenagers and many people used to get away with racially motivated murder, intimidation, and forced segregation while carrying guns in their vehicles, or in school campuses. That's history too in many southern states. You just advocated for not painting with broad strokes but your calling Americans you don't know pussies and idiots...

We are not talking about keeping pistols in desk drawers or purses. Strictly on body or in a real gun safe in an area without student access. We are also not talking about just handing out Glocks to every old schoolmarm. Volunteers would be background checked, vetted and approved by the principal and school board. After yearly training their identities would be kept secret from the students.

To avoid that one in a million carrier who shoots the toilet by accident, firearms may be required to be carried without one in the chamber. Does that ease your mind?

I can tell you that right now in Oregon schools there are some teachers and staff that are carrying without permission or proper active shooter training.

If we are being realsitic there's no amount of safety protocols and fail safes that will make up for laziness, mistakes, and just poor handling of a gun. How many stories do we read about someone leaving their pistol in a bathroom stall, or it falling off their person. Or shooting themselves, and the mistakes go on and on. The more guns in schools plainly just raises the probability of gun violence/ accidents on campus.

Since we've never had a regular period of time where teachers carried as a necessity for safety it's too early to call BS. Give me a few years of reliable stats that show armed teachers lowered gun violence in schools and then I'd be ready to think otherwise.

Teenagers and many people used to get away with racially motivated murder, intimidation, and forced segregation while carrying guns in their vehicles, or in school campuses. That's history too in many southern states. You just advocated for not painting with broad strokes but your calling Americans you don't know pussies and idiots...

The data is pretty clear, where have mass shootings happened where it is public knowledge that there are trained and armed individuals there who will shoot back, how about none. How many mass shootings have happened where it is public knowledge that there will highly unlikely be anyone who can shoot back, about almost all of them. Not every school in this nation is a gun free zone, but you can bet every school that experienced a mass shooting was/is.

And no, I don't need to meet everyone to generalize most of them as a pussy or an idiot. Both categories cover quite a large population of people and they intersect among many.

If we are being realsitic there's no amount of safety protocols and fail safes that will make up for laziness, mistakes, and just poor handling of a gun. How many stories do we read about someone leaving their pistol in a bathroom stall, or it falling off their person. Or shooting themselves, and the mistakes go on and on. The more guns in schools plainly just raises the probability of gun violence/ accidents on campus.

I ran a Google search for such stories a few weeks back and found that teachers are more likely to injure a student with a car than anything else. Except for the Utah teacher who shot the toilet and that idiot guy who was demonstrating (showing off) to students with a loaded gun and shot the ceiling, I did not find any other incidents. Mistakes are made by people trying out carry without proper guidance. That is why training and help in implementing a carry system that works.

The data is pretty clear, where have mass shootings happened where it is public knowledge that there are trained and armed individuals there who will shoot back, how about none. How many mass shootings have happened where it is public knowledge that there will highly unlikely be anyone who can shoot back, about almost all of them. Not every school in this nation is a gun free zone, but you can bet every school that experienced a mass shooting was/is.

And no, I don't need to meet everyone to generalize most of them as a pussy or an idiot. Both categories cover quite a large population of people and they intersect among many.

Well, I don't have time for fools that generalize about the character of Americans they never met, or actually talked to. That's just plain ignorant and worthless. One can only hope that generation of thinking dies off. You got Zero credibility when you're more interested in hearing yourself speak then you are educating yourself about those you trash talk.

Edit: nice to see a working ignore button, that'll come in handy.

I ran a Google search for such stories a few weeks back and found that teachers are more likely to injure a student with a car than anything else. Except for the Utah teacher who shot the toilet and that idiot guy who was demonstrating (showing off) to students with a loaded gun and shot the ceiling, I did not find any other incidents. Mistakes are made by people trying out carry without proper guidance. That is why training and help in implementing a carry system that works.

I never got the whole go to car argument. Anyway more guns in classes isn't a solution to less gun accidents, or violence. I'm not concerned with what other random stuff is more likely to happen. Just cause I can get a little concealed carry permit doesn't mean I or anyone else will use it responsibly. Or have the ability to kill another person when the time comes.

Well, I don't have time for fools that generalize about the character of Americans they never met, or actually talked to. That's just plain ignorant and worthless. One can only hope that generation of thinking dies off. You got Zero credibility when you're more interested in hearing yourself speak then you are educating yourself about those you trash talk.

You're being rather close minded. Examine the voting results anywhere and you can see how a large percentage of the country thinks. Examine who holds the Bill of rights (all of them) in high importance and who doesn't and you can see how people think. Examine the percentage of firearm ownership compared to hoplophobia and you can see how people think.

So yes, the generalizations can be highly accurate for percentages of the population. In the I5 corridor it's a much higher percentage than in other places.

Calm down a bit, you are coming off as rather silly.

I never got the whole go to car argument. Anyway more guns in classes isn't a solution to less gun accidents, or violence. I'm not concerned with what other random stuff is more likely to happen. Just cause I can get a little concealed carry permit doesn't mean I or anyone else will use it responsibly. Or have the ability to kill another person when the time comes.

So you are just here to troll then?

So apparently you completely ignored the post where I advocated for making it a police qualification item for interested teachers. No one who is unable to pass that would have been willing to use it effectively most likely anyway.

So, you don't believe in the utility and usefulness of lawful concealed carry outside of school? Because that argument is essentially the exact argument that MDA and other gun control groups use when trying to get it shut down.

Do some research into the crime rates and accident rates of lawful concealed carriers and instances of others getting a hold of their guns. For the millions of concealed carriers, those numbers are extremely low. There's zero data to suggest those numbers would increase in schools.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top