JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A Riverside man attending a firearms training class to get his concealed weapons permit was accidentally shot by a Riverside County Sheriff's Department trainer, the department told The Desert Sun.

Like us, you might be wondering why an instructor would ever point the business end of a handgun at a student since that violates one of the four rules of gun safety. According to a department news release issued in response to questions from The Desert Sun, gun range staff inspect students' firearms during the course and students are instructed to unload their guns. During the inspection, the range staff member; a civilian instructor the department did not identify administered a "trigger pull test" and shot the student in the leg. Range staff initially treated the injured man.​

Probably racked the slide back ejecting the round while failing to remove the magazine. Dropped the slide chambering next round then removed the mag and pulled the trigger......SMH:s0002:

See noobs do it all the time. MANY rules broken here....:cool:

By Friday the California Gun Cleaning Supplies Ban will be in effect and the Attorney general will be filing punative charges against Hoppes and CLP.. Governor Brownstain will be so enraged that California beat her to the punch and will order the OSP to bring the Republicans back to Salem n shackles "just because".

Last Edited:
1. Remove the magazine.
2. Lock the slide to the rear.
3. See DAYLIGHT from the ejection port to the base of the magazine well.
4. Insert pinky into chamber.

This department must have used something other that firearms knowledge and experience to select their civilian instructor.

I was born and raised in Riverside. Let me tell ya, the smog and the heat definitely cook some of your better brain cells to death early on in life. I probably have a little brain damlege myself!

Here is a somewhat humorous take on this:

I have to say this just is beyond anything. " a civilian instructor the department did not identify — administered a "trigger pull test" and accidentally shot the man in the leg "
I have to say I am left wondering just where a trigger pull test comes in with a training class on getting you carry license???

I am royally confused by this. The CCW class I attended in AZ didn't require one even bring a gun (granted, it was a members only class and the range owner controlled the admittance list). I'm currently signed up for a class here in OR and no firearm is required. I guess I just assumed that most CCW classes were more about the law around carrying and less about shooting proficiency.

But, okay, let's say there is shooting for a CCW. Wouldn't you be on a range performing all actions with the muzzle pointed downrange anyway? This makes it sound like they were in a classroom for a weapons inspection? I don't even get the why of this?

And trigger test? That sounds like PR spin for the uneducated. Anyone who knows jack-bubblegum about guns will think that a "trigger test" is a legit thing with possibly scary consequences. Everyone else with at least two brain cells to play pong with will know that you'd prefer the bolt on the table or the mag out and slide locked.

On the other hand, I wonder if this asshat is just a product of the system. CA has let non gun owners write the laws for so long that people have grown up with their messed up ways and this guy and his "trigger test" are the end result?

/rant

I am royally confused by this. The CCW class I attended in AZ didn't require one even bring a gun (granted, it was a members only class and the range owner controlled the admittance list). I'm currently signed up for a class here in OR and no firearm is required. I guess I just assumed that most CCW classes were more about the law around carrying and less about shooting proficiency.

But, okay, let's say there is shooting for a CCW. Wouldn't you be on a range performing all actions with the muzzle pointed downrange anyway? This makes it sound like they were in a classroom for a weapons inspection? I don't even get the why of this?

And trigger test? That sounds like PR spin for the uneducated. Anyone who knows jack-bubblegum about guns will think that a "trigger test" is a legit thing with possibly scary consequences. Everyone else with at least two brain cells to play pong with will know that you'd prefer the bolt on the table or the mag out and slide locked.

On the other hand, I wonder if this asshat is just a product of the system. CA has let non gun owners write the laws for so long that people have grown up with their messed up ways and this guy and his "trigger test" are the end result?

/rant

The first CCW class I took in AZ was a 16 hour course & included firing your gun at a target 5 yards away, perhaps they did have a little bit of range time in Cali but I'm still not seeing room for a shooting:eek:

Just told my daughter about this thread, and mentioned the trigger test in the report.

My own daughter said, "Well, yeah, why was he doing something like a trigger test in the classroom.".

I straightened her out, and she is not yet a gun person, but she is far from dumb.

That insidious language they use works.

Were they at a range?

If so, "pull the trigger" can be a valid command to verify the FA is safe.

Still need muzzle discipline.

If anywhere other than a range, it is a good command if and only if you have a proper catch - ie a barrel of sand.

So students are required to unload their firearms.

So is this a test where you point the gun at the student and pull the trigger to see if they followed directions.
Rough class down there.

On a side note: what a MORON. Hopefully he's on register duty from now on.

Trigger pull test.. maybe it was a Glock/SA etc and he was trying to show the 'built in safeties' that you can rely upon.

BULLET GNOMES!
Bullet gnomes are invisible creatures that are more dangerous than Progresives.

Bullet gnomes do two things,
1. They insert live rounds into weapons that are believed to be empty.
2. They remove live rounds from weapons that are staged for self defense purposes.

The ONLY way to protect yourself from bullet gnomes is to Physically Check the weapon EACH TIME it has been outside your Direct Physical Control, (in your hands or in your holster.)

Example. Your buddy clears and checks a weapon and hands it to you. In the split second it takes for the weapon to change hands, a bullet gnome could slide a live round in. You check the weapon, Yourself, before doing anything with the weapon.

Too Soon?

1566975156440.png

Relax, it's a joke.

Simply a reminder to remain safe out there boys and girls...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top