JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The two biggest flaws that grind my gears:

1. People having a conversation in helicopters using normal voices. Good luck. I've flown countless times. It's all yelling and hand gestures...
2. Military haircuts. Yeah I get it, times change and branches are different, but outside of a combat zone or some sneaky squirrel stuff you won't find a Marine with hair touching his ears and a 5 o'clock shadow

Non military movie flaw:

There are no awkward romance scenes. Nobody gets caught in their own clothes, or needs to chug water, or gets a cramp, or falls off the bed...and the Hollywood bed sheets are perfectly L-shaped to cover Him and Her....

I'm sure this has already been stated, but since I recently saw this:

Every time a pump action shotgun is touched, it is pumped, even when the person had already pumped it and there was supposedly a round in it earlier, but it wasn't shot.

1. Impossible or difficult shots made easily and routinely by the heroes. Conversely bad guys who cannot hit anything ever.
2. Heroes that absorb absurd damage and continue without problems. Conversely bad guys that go down instantly with a glancing shot.
3. The cocking, racking, and clicking of guns whenever they are presented, touched, handled, or pointed; even for guns that don't make such noises - ever.
4. Endless ammo without reloads.

Like the OP's post, movies that just show guns wrong, wrong information (the "hollow point" in Lethal Weapon), etc. View attachment 530233 Backwards Mosin Nagant in Enemy at the Gates, etc.

I really do appreciate the few films that get it mostly right.

Ah, Jude Law, the 'sniper' who holds a rifle like a chimpanzee holds a microscope. I don't bleeve I've ever seen ANYBODY hold a rifle in such an inept fashion as he does from one end of the movie to the other. Even our good friend Ian McCullum, THE most left-handed man on the planet, makes a better job of holding and aiming a long gun. Plus Law looks as much like a Red Army soldier as Whoopi Goldberg.

Ah Enemy at the Gates. I remember when it was about to come out, seeing promotional interviews where the cast, etc were expounding about how obsessively detail-oriented and exacting the director was. So it was pretty funny to actually see the film and observe that they got almost nothing right.

Ah, Jude Law, the 'sniper' who holds a rifle like a chimpanzee holds a microscope. I don't bleeve I've ever seen ANYBODY hold a rifle in such an inept fashion as he does from one end of the movie to the other. Even our good friend Ian McCullum, THE most left-handed man on the planet, makes a better job of holding and aiming a long gun. Plus Law looks as much like a Red Army soldier as Whoopi Goldberg.

:s0140: ...but guns are so icky.

Going back to HEAT.

I saw a video on making the bank gunfight scenes. The SAS guys had Deniro and friends work the scenes on a range with live ammo so that they would look like they knew what they were doing on film.

Screenshot_20190725-231006_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's 1290, the year of Our Lord. William Wallace has returned from travels and is attending the wedding of a clansman. Never mind the Ford driving up the hill in the distance....

The exact same sound of a slide racking, even on revolvers, or the tink-tink of brass hitting the grass, concrete, kitchen floor, etc.
Snipers looking through their riflescope at a 1000 yard shot, and the target's head fills the image. No heartbeat on the reticle, though.
Gratuitous sex that is out of context or not building the plot. Sex in movies is boring schnit.
Product placement. I don't care that it's a Land Rover, Lexus, Audi or BMW.
On and on. If a movie's inaccuracies piss me off, I turn it off. Otherwise, I'm there to not think.

I recently watched an 'old' western I had never seen before (the Gatling Gun) with Patrick Wayne.

Mostly 70 era crummy western rendition HOWEVER during all the shooting scenes the gatling gun was never reloaded - or the handguns and rifles of others as well but the best part was the flare ups of fire on the ground when the gatling gun bullets hit it!

Last Edited:
I recently watched an 'old' western I had never seen before (the Gatling Gun) with Patrick Wayne.

Mostly 70 era crummy western rendition HOWEVER during all the shooting scenes the gatling gun was never reloaded - or the handguns and rifles of others as well but the best part was the flare ups of fire on the ground when the gatling gun bullets hit it!

Patrick Wayne.... only ever saw him in cheesy movies. Charlie's Angels era... lol

Just a couple days ago....Bad guy/good guy don't remember. Guy going into the darkened building, semi auto in hand, looking for someone. Looking around for a few seconds. Works the slide to chamber the round. Fail.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top