JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It may drive my wife nuts, but I can't keep quiet during a movie when I see some horrible gun flaw. Like this one below.... I mean you spent how much on a movie cover and they can't put a rear sight on?

What bugs you?
A95C2DE2-BCCB-4EC1-8FBA-9D0906BCF697.jpeg

The wrong era guns for a time period in a movie...
Muzzleloaders , that never need to be re-loaded...
Or when they are 'loaded"...they are loaded in correctly...
Don't even get me started on those "Top Shot" episodes where they shot with a "Kentucky Rifle" and pistol...:mad:
Andy

not as bad as it used to be for helicopters but every one used to sound like a Bell 47 piston engine and a two blade rotor----doesn't fit for a turbine powered four blade rotor----Mannix was the worst

1. Impossible or difficult shots made easily and routinely by the heroes. Conversely bad guys who cannot hit anything ever.
2. Heroes that absorb absurd damage and continue without problems. Conversely bad guys that go down instantly with a glancing shot.
3. The cocking, racking, and clicking of guns whenever they are presented, touched, handled, or pointed; even for guns that don't make such noises - ever.
4. Endless ammo without reloads.

Like the OP's post, movies that just show guns wrong, wrong information (the "hollow point" in Lethal Weapon), etc. 95FK000Z__86589.1479548368.1280.1280.jpg Backwards Mosin Nagant in Enemy at the Gates, etc.

I really do appreciate the few films that get it mostly right.

Don't you just hate it when the kiddies are playing in the backyard and pointing plastic lever action rifles at "Vampire-Zombie-Godzilla" and making machinegun sounds?...
... but then, I figure as long as the kids aren't making a documentary, I can live with their inaccuracies and enjoy the show for what it is.

and, what's with all those animals in cartoons that can talk ... that's just creepy. :eek:

I can generally over look the gun faux pas in movies , even if it does still bother me at some level.
With that said...
Its the folks who see "Historic" movies , like that God Awful "The Revenant"...
And walk away thinking that it was indeed a accurate portrayal of real historic events.
That really drives me crazy , especially when they loudly tell me I am wrong with something , at my antique firearms display during a rendezvous....:mad:
Andy

I can generally over look the gun faux pas in movies , even if it does still bother me at some level.
With that said...
Its the folks who see "Historic" movies , like that God Awful "The Revenant"...
And walk away thinking that it was indeed a accurate portrayal of real historic events.
That really drives me crazy , especially when they loudly tell me I am wrong with something , at my antique firearms display during a rendezvous....:mad:
Andy

Well, you're married right? They have at LEAST a 50/50 chance of being correct... if they ask your wife.

:s0108:

Set up, cutaway
Action, cutaway
Result.

I.e.

Guy grabs bad guy, cutaway shot.

You see good guy tossing bad guy, cutaway shot.

You see bad guy hit the wall.

If you've never noticed that then sorry, almost all action shots will suck from here on out:rolleyes:.

I also hate it when they show some side boob during sexy time and not the whole thing:D:p.

Or when every lady that just supposedly had sex gets out of bed with a blanket covering everything like she's got something to hide after just doing the nastyo_O.

Oh and guns n stuff;).

Ok, honestly, tired of seeing those Chiapa Rhinos in every sci-fi movie made in the last few years:confused:

The old tired trope of main character has a break in, buys a revolver, roommate or family member sneaks back in the house at night, main character nearly shoots them, finally everyone forgets about the break-in and swears off guns for good.

That and a firearm expert says "A gun in the house is more likely to be used against you"

The thing that peeves me the most is hearing the audio of a Red-tailed Hawk call, when they are showing a Bald Eagle.

I get it...the Red-tail has the quintessential raptor call. The Bald Eagle sounds like a sissy.

Last Edited:
Cowboys who, after cocking the SAA and not shooting it, never put the hammer down on the empty cylinder.

And not gun related - cowboys who have had a drink or two just whip some coins out of their vest pockets and throw it on the bar as if they have magically come up with the correct price for the drinks. Not that anyone ever asks; it's always "Gimmee a bottle" and then they walk away to a table without paying for it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews