JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's nothing like driving a Ferrari to stay inconspicuous while working undercover.
& Bren 10's
41CA9B14-17EC-4E3B-92A9-3A323FFBB0DA.jpeg

It may drive my wife nuts, but I can't keep quiet during a movie when I see some horrible gun flaw. Like this one below.... I mean you spent how much on a movie cover and they can't put a rear sight on?

What bugs you?
View attachment 530039
They had to remove the 14x scope and 30 round mag, so you could see the star's faces. Then, again, they probably used a bolt action Remington in the movie, anyway :)

the sound of a hammer being pulled back on a glock

Or even worse, actually showing a hammer on a Glock.

In the movie Ant-Man, ants swarm the hammer on a Glock(?) and keep it from firing.

Antman-hammer-glock-2-circle.jpg

Antman-hammer-glock-1.jpg

They should have used a SIG P229 or an HK USP or something else with a hammer.

2. People pointing a 1911 at someone and the hammer isn't cocked. Pull the trigger and nothing will happen.

600px-Shape_02.jpg
The Shape of Water

600px-Vlcsnap-17706.jpg
Enemy of the State

600px-Machete1911.jpg
Machete

600px-Contrab_08.jpg
Contraband

3. Someone fires the last shot in a semiauto pistol and the slide doesn't lock open even though the pistol is empty. Then they or someone else pulls the trigger and it goes "click", or even "click click click" as they keep pulling the trigger, like it's an empty double action revolver. It's especially puzzling in the scene below because they correctly show the slide locking open on a couple of pistols that Hit-Girl uses when the pistols are empty, then they blow it at the end.

Last Edited:
Or even worse, actually showing a hammer on a Glock.

In the movie Ant-Man, ants swarm the hammer on a Glock(?) and keep it from firing.

View attachment 533877

View attachment 533878

They should have used a SIG P229 or an HK USP or something else with a hammer.

2. People pointing a 1911 at someone and the hammer isn't cocked. Pull the trigger and nothing will happen.

View attachment 533879
The Shape of Water

View attachment 533880
Enemy of the State

View attachment 533881
Machete

View attachment 533882
Contraband

3. Someone fires the last shot in a semiauto pistol and the slide doesn't lock open even though the pistol is empty. Then they or someone else pulls the trigger and it goes "click", or even "click click click" as they keep pulling the trigger, like it's an empty double action revolver. It's especially puzzling in the scene below because they correctly show the slide locking open on a couple of pistols that Hit-Girl uses when the pistols are empty, then they blow it at the end.

I think the point was the gun wasn't loaded?

Mostly have learned to laugh off the often beyond stupid gun stuff.
Only one that still seems to bother me, people who get the "bad one down" then rather than make sure they stay down, run. Of course the bad one soon is after them again. I know it has to be to make the movie, just irks me. Often it's women, get the guy somehow, then run. Of course guy is soon on them again. I always tell Wife, you get into something like this? If you put them down you DO NOT run. You make sure they are down for the count then you can run. Last one was last day off watching a NetFlix original I like. Woman talks kook into trusting her, she wacks him in the head with a fire extinguisher, then while bad guy is down she runs screaming. Soon of course he is on her again. All I can think is when he went down she should have beat his head several more times and of course take the gun he had. I guess that would not make much of a show though :)

Zombieland Rule #2... Always use the double tap.

Ok, so Woody's character was a bit over the top with his gun handling, but hey, there are zombies in there, so you already know it's not exactly true to life.

Ehhh... I guess I just take it for granted that Hollywood knows nothing about firarms. What really catches my attention is when they actually do something right.

Saving Private Ryan: Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.TWANG!!!! Ahhh, that was sweet! If you have ever shot one you know the sound of that clip! When ever I upgrade a piece of my home theator system that is the first scene that is played on the upgrade.

Ehhh... I guess I just take it for granted that Hollywood knows nothing about firarms. What really catches my attention is when they actually do something right.

Saving Private Ryan: Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.... Bang.TWANG!!!! Ahhh, that was sweet! If you have ever shot one you know the sound of that clip! When ever I upgrade a piece of my home theator system that is the first scene that is played on the upgrade.
I did like that too, that they did a good job in that movie. The sound of the clips flying out of the M-1's, the sound of the brass hitting the floor in the bunkers. The time Hanks wants to get into a bunker. Tells the guys we will get him to fire then move when he has to change barrels. Lot of good info went into making it right.

I think the Garand TWANG occured in the first few minutes of the opening scene... it instantly caught my attention and engaged me in the movie like no other. When that TWANG occured it was just WOW!!!!! It was great that the rest of the movie lived up to the opening scene in the details like you mention. I have never been in the military but the pause when changing of the barrels gave his character so much depth! ...more than 5 minutes of flash back footage ever could have.

I know what I am watching again this weekend! It has been a long time since I have upgraded my home theator! :)

Last Edited:

I knew I wasn't the only one. And I've only shot a Garand ONCE! I guess if you are a person that's truly interested in old wood and steel, THAT is a sound that moves you.

So, I just had surgery and am kind of laid up, so Im catching up on some movies. Watching the latest Predator movie. Seems more comedic than anything. But one thing I don't get. How does the female character go from frightened scientist with librarian glasses to full blown operator overnight? Quick mag changes, muzzle discipline, seamless transitions. Quick learner.

I read quite a bit, more than watching movies so:

Paul Finch is one of my favorite British writers, but he had a guy turning off the safety on his Glock.

Sigh...

I've read this same b.s. with other writers who're supposed to know their guns, like Stephen Hunter.

In the Matrix towards the end where Neo stops all of the bullets in front of him, they were all shot out of the agents guns but none of them had any rifling. Smooth bore hand guns maybe?

So, I just had surgery and am kind of laid up, so Im catching up on some movies. Watching the latest Predator movie. Seems more comedic than anything. But one thing I don't get. How does the female character go from frightened scientist with librarian glasses to full blown operator overnight? Quick mag changes, muzzle discipline, seamless transitions. Quick learner.

...and don't get him started on the intricacies of how the F14 REALLY sounds at take off...
Epic opening scene from Top Gun be dammed:p

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads