JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't you just hate it when the kiddies are playing in the backyard and pointing plastic lever action rifles at "Vampire-Zombie-Godzilla" and making machinegun sounds?...

Probably better than hearing them say..: "Stop or I will waste your azz you slimy mfer!!!"....which is what I heard in my yard a few times when my kids were that age and getting exposed to the world.

Last Edited:
Scenes where they have a helicopter or aircraft and then the next scene, same story has a different model in it.

There was a show we watched on Netflix where there is this Jeep Cherokee goes in the water, and the bad dude is still inside. This other guy dives in the water, points a Glock 17 at the guy from about 5 feet away under way and does a double tap head shot on him.

Some dude watch's this and thinks bullsh*t and gets a show to check it out. They go through all kinds of pretty decent reenactments with 3 different guns. The Glock 17 barely touchs the glass, the .357 revolver bounces off, and it takes a .454 Casall ( sp I know) to finally brake the glass even.

The scene in Thor Ragnorok when "Dez and Troy" cause ridiculous amounts of damage, with massive ammo capacity.
Cool for the movie effects, but serves to spread ignorance about the power and capacity of an AR15. For some... movie scenes are the only time many see fire arms used. How many vote with the assumption this is how these guns actually work?

For some... movie scenes are the only time many see fire arms used. How many vote with the assumption this is how these guns actually work?

This is so true...and troublesome at the same time.
I am often amazed when I do my displays , at just how much firearm and historic ignorance is out there...what is bothersome to me , is the willingness of some to remain ignorant , when offered , politely , to learn...SIGH
Andy

This is so true...and troublesome at the same time.
I am often amazed when I do my displays , at just how much firearm and historic ignorance is out there...what is bothersome to me , is the willingness of some to remain ignorant , when offered , politely , to learn...SIGH
Andy
Education directly conflicts with thier ability to apply confirmation bias... nobody wants to believe that their precious social media and massively diminished socially acceptable moral standards could be to blame.
Imagine if they were to enforce age restrictions, require training, background checks and psych evaluations before being allowed to log on to Facebook... or to buy certain Xbox games.
:s0125:

Welp... Thread pretty much ruins all the other movies with guns in them.

Them cowboys that thrust gun forward and shoot. Or dropping the barrel, like they're bonking someone on the head, and shoot. Hip shots killing glass jars and tin cans off a fence at 50 feet.

Nah, still love the good old classic westerns. Flaws and all.

Usually it doesn't bother me too much. History channel documentary on WWI with germans using
SMLE's? Tanks in 1917 that didn't exist until 1939? NOBODY in a post Civil War movie with a Spencer? (They all have 1892 Winchesters) Meh---Film makers are idiots. But once in a while---

Unforgiven. Gritty western, good advisors, an obvious effort made to be "period correct".
"Witherspoon sez he won't sell us no more 30-30 without whut we pay" In the 1870's. Grrrr.

Two of my favorite gun movies :
Battleground ( 1949 )
Many of the stars had been in the service and lots of the extras were , then , serving members of the 101st Airborne...So much of the gun handling and movements look good or "real".
The Wild Geese ( 1978 )
Also great guns and many of the extras were actual mercenaries so again the gun handling looks real.
Andy

A couple of things.
First off. Absurdly sharp blades are a thing in my house. ;)
in the context that it takes but one light swing to chop human body parts as cleanly as it takes us to cut paper :rolleyes: (notably, the beheadings of samurai movies)
And secondly.
Have you guys ever thought how seemingly impossible what we really can do with guns is to some liberal film Director? :D
indeed :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top