JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In second position for me would be my single shot rossi 410 snake charmer. It is fine when held out at arms length with thumbhole stock. I made the mistake of trying to shoulder it trying to shoot a clay bird. It knocked the snot out of my snozzola so bad I had to try again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Damn unpleasant!o_O 04CA324C-686E-4509-82DE-796FC6235EF3.jpeg

I've never shot one, but I suspect this .45ACP would spunky in the recoil department.
Yikes! If that's a light as it looks, it's gonna have some snap.

Sometime last century, I shot a friend's tiny .25 or .32 semi-auto - once. It was a bitter cold and windy day near Memphis TN, and the hammer bit my freezing bare hand (that web of tender pink skin by the thumb) hard enough draw blood. Had I thrown the damn thing in the river, it would've bounced off the ice, and probably would've popped off another round! Cheap little POS.

I started bird hunting with my dad at age 13 and when I was 14 he gave me his old Savage 775A semi-automatic shotgun for keeps. All was great for awhile until it broke and fired out of battery on me on my second shot at a crossing pheasant. That was about the loudest sound I ever heard and I have permanent hearing loss in my right ear. :( The shotgun was repaired and I still have it, though it sits in retirement in the gun safe. :)

The thing vibrates so violently in the hands, its very disruptive to your focus. Stings your hands.
Glock 23 was the first handgun I ever purchased and CC. At the time, 9MM was fairly ineffective, 45 had too low capacity (and Glock 21 was too big for me to properly grip), 10mm was crap, so .40 S&W was the new Wonder Kid! Loaded with Black Talons, I was invincible!

Took me a few years to understand I was actually a better shot than my gun.:p

Worst surprise shooting, Browning HP. They didn't tell me it bites!

The Cobray 45LC - 410 double barrel derringer with 10 inch barrels - .shooting 410 3 inch hi brass and tiny birds-head grip bruises the inside if you palm ... you have to hold the darn thing with both hands to keep from being crippled the next day

Worst I ever shot was a Jennings .25 auto. They're about the size of a zippo lighter, and have terrible sights, along with not being terribly reliable. If you can get a couple of shots on the paper at 6 yards, you're doing pretty good. If you can get through a single magazine without a malfunction, you're doing great!

1601936986554.png

Thompson Single Shot 30-30 Win. After firing it I had no idea of where or why, it was like a moment in my life disappeared.
My friend who owned it (275 lbs.) Rested it on the top of his car roof and touched one off...came back and dropped him to his knees. He headed to a Gun Show the next weekend and sold it along with a box of 30-30s with TWO missing.

*****Sorry about the double post....guess I'm still suffering after just thinking about it. ****

Stay Safe Gents.
Ken

Leinad derringer, probably the worst gun I've ever owned. It was the .45 Long Colt version single shot. Had about a 1" or 2" barel very short.
To be fair it was also the cheapest gun I've bought, paid $20 before SB941 so no background check needed, bought it off a friend of my dad.
Couldn't beat the price for $20 it included a neat Winchester wood box and about 15 rounds of .45 Long Colt.

Recoil on that tiny gun was pretty epic, made my hands bleed after shooting about 15-20 rounds. Did weird things to the spent shells too, like completely destroy the primer. Still only paid $20 for it and later doubled my money selling it.

Last Edited:
Leinad derringer, probably the worst gun I've ever owned. It was the .45 Long Colt version single shot.
To be fair it was also the cheapest gun I've bought, paid $20 before SB941 so no background check needed, bought it off a friend of my dad.
Couldn't beat the price for $20 it included a neat Winchester wood box and about 15 rounds of .45 Long Colt.

Recoil on that tiny gun was pretty epic, made my hands bleed after shooting about 15-20 rounds. Did weird things to the spent shells too, like completely destroy the primer. Still only paid $20 for it and later doubled my money selling it.
I used to have the cobray one with one round barrel. I'd love to have another. Didnt think the recoil was that bad even with .410 slugs.

Wichita .308 pistol. Shot it once, massive flame and recoil. "Want to shoot it again?" "Nah, I'm good."

Kel-Tec P-40. One time taking it to the range I fired a single magazine and went to the counter and bought something else.

Rohrbaugh R9. This gun I like, but 9mm in a tiny aluminum frame with SD loads is painful. With Winchester white box it's just unpleasant. It's not meant to be a range gun anyway.

Since Cobray was invoked, one I've thought would be fun purely because it is so damn weird is the Pocket Pal made in the 80s:

1601939833561.jpeg

.22 LR over .380. Swappable cylinders. Oh, I'm more than convinced it is an absolute pile like so much that Cobray put out, but it is certainly different. :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top