JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know. I live in South Carolina now and the laws are OK but theyre arent great. No open carry which chaps me but you can carry a gun in your glove box even with no permit. Its not the gun laws that are terrible . Full day class to get a carry permit which really sucks compared to WA. The biggest problem is theres nowhere to shoot. Sure you can go to a sanctioned range or if you know someone that has rural private property but thats it. Very little to no state land you can just find a good spot to shoot on like in Washington and Oregon. The Governor is a good guy though and when theis Covid crap started he steadfastly maintained that gun shops will remain open because that is a right. Churches will remain open because that is a right. so on and so on.

I think the Guns & Ammo magazine Most & Least Gun Friendly States is a much more REALISTIC assessment of Gun Friendly and Unfriendly States. Please disregard any list that considers California friendlier than 25 other states.. On this list California ranks #47 on friendliness, and New York ranks #51 .. I guess Washington DC was added to the list and is even better than New York .

For folks that want to cross-walk polls or ratings, compare the G&A rankings with those offered by the Gabby Giffords Law Center. Of course, her ranking should be the inverse of G&A.

I don't know. I live in South Carolina now and the laws are OK but theyre arent great. No open carry which chaps me but you can carry a gun in your glove box even with no permit. Its not the gun laws that are terrible . Full day class to get a carry permit which really sucks compared to WA. The biggest problem is theres nowhere to shoot. Sure you can go to a sanctioned range or if you know someone that has rural private property but thats it. Very little to no state land you can just find a good spot to shoot on like in Washington and Oregon. The Governor is a good guy though and when theis Covid crap started he steadfastly maintained that gun shops will remain open because that is a right. Churches will remain open because that is a right. so on and so on.

Yah, SC is weird.

No way to carry as a regular visitor or tourist (non-Leo).

No honoring of any other states, similar to Oregon. Dunno about neighboring states residents being able to apply for a non-resident, maybe they can.

I'll be looking into how to deal with getting a non-resident permit there (or whatever they call it), as I'm a real property owner now.

For folks that want to cross-walk polls or ratings, compare the G&A rankings with those offered by the Gabby Giffords Law Center. Of course, her ranking should be the inverse of G&A.

Yeah, that's a great resource! Damn it, Tennessee only get's a D-! I want an F-! :D

I think with the more lenient gun laws passed in Tennessee in 2020 , we will join the F ratings like the other Southern states.

At first glance the map has some good features but then a closer looks shows a bunch of questionable rankings. Like how can Il only be #23.
Not sure this map is very good overall.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top