JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm up on mcully mountain and had something similar happen. They came back a fee weeks later at night and tried getting into my work pickup. I came out naked(not a pretty sight) with my pistol and they had taken off. I never even locked my doors up here, I do now
Seems to be in the rise in our area, I'm down a little lower than you but still close.

Lucky you.. Good schools / dojo's are kinda hard to find around here.
Yeah very True. I was fortunate to have done my training when I lived Behind Enemy Lines, in Kalifornistan. Been thinking about maybe teaching a class here. But it might be a bit too ambitious at this stage of my life. :)

Needs to be easier to "resolve" these issues yourself. Needs to go back to the days when you strangers were terrified to trespass on someone else's land and your primary concern was finding them and letting them know your just passing through etc.
Yup. Interpersonal etiquette isn't taught much any more, it seems. A bit different scenario, but along the same lines... you see it all the time too with people just walking into another persons outdoor camp. It's almost rare to have anyone "hail the camp!" or other callout and wait for permission to approach. Just walk on in next to people before even saying a word.

REALLY great way to get an extra stoopid hole or few in your hide.

I don't hate immigrants either. I don't think I said that, in fact I like a lot of immigrants, I'd like them a lot better if they spoke English, but the cartels I have no love for Hunters business partners! And I'm pretty sure most South Americans hate *them infinitely more than I do.

Hey @kmk1012 you should probably watch this 5 min video to make sure your covered. Times like this best to re asses the plans & implements top to bottom. Its a 5 min quick watch. Its mainly pertains to WiFi camera systems.
A surveillance system isn't a system unless it is hardwired. In the past I installed security systems for banks and high-end homes, and even the best motion detection units had a propensity to miss motion at the most inopportune moments. Sometimes, they would just decide to stop recording in the middle of a motion event. Nothing like reviewing footage, only to see the prowler/suspect just vanish. I use an NVR system that doesn't rely on the cloud and has 15 terabytes of space to record 24/7 and retain footage for several months. It has also been very handy several times for package delivery issues. Motion events are still marked on the footage review timeline.

Repeat after me "Pants on, gun on."

For those lazy holiday mornings when I am in no hurry to get dressed I have a robe with pockets large enough to hold a Ruger LCR38 or LC9s.
My forebears fought naked from the waist down and damnit so do I!

They would carry a buckler with a spike on one forearm with a dirk gripped in that hand and a sword in the other.

You really needed to run from the guy running at you with a fourth pointy object. Don't mess with that one, just run.

Train how you fight

Attachments

• img-f384e9c4.jpeg
    img-f384e9c4.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 38
My forebears fought naked from the waist down and damnit so do I!

They would carry a buckler with a spike on one forearm with a dirk gripped in that hand and a sword in the other.

You really needed to run from the guy running at you with a fourth pointy object. Don't mess with that one, just run.
Come at my door in the middle of the night, I grab a gun and a battle axe. In my boxers. No, this is not hyperbole. Yes, it has happened. That door is not opening unless forced open. an axe is an excellent CQB addition and I am handier with bladed weapons in my left hand, shoot pistols with the right. And really who wants to mess with the guy with an axe?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top