JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At 21:50 (9:50pm) I had a knock at my door, I live rural and it is not normal at all. A Hispanic individual was at the front door asking about a wrong address regarding a pit bull dog. Through the front door I told him he had the wrong address, he insisted this was the place. I replied, wrong address, move along, at the same time I told my wife to go grab my pistol from the safe. She didn't come back in a timely fashion, he kept asking to come in , I'm sorry to say I yelled, get the fuk'n pistol loud enough for the guy to hear, he still didn't budge. I left the front door area and retrieved my pistol only to see he went to his car in my driveway after I told him the address was a certain direction. He proceeded to drive towards my other driveway that leads towards my shop (wrong direction). I'm in the back yard watching and fired two shots into the yard. He finally left, and took off rapidly. This was a reminder that we as a family failed at preparedness, we received a gift of a RFID American Flag decoration that holds a firearm. Now, after explaining a wall mounted gun/rifle lock near the door, my wife says get one NOW.

That cute decoration could have cost us our lives. Now I'll get a serious piece of equipment that'll not fail when needed. Initially my wife went to the closet safe, found it empty and then came back. I had to remind her where the 45 was, then she couldn't get it open. Huge fail, so, from now on we will have to practice. Luckily, the threat moved on and hopefully it will not return.

Huge fail, so, from now on we will have to practice
Thanks for the reminder!

Something as scary to me, since I wasn't home, was my wife calling me in the middle of the day because she couldn't open the quick access (mechanical button) safe, and me having to walk her thru it on the phone while my gut was in knots…

Thankfully it was nothing and we have gone over it since but need to do it on a daily basis so she knows how to open it by memory like I do.

I'd she can get it open I worry more for the intruders then her, she's a mean shot.

Glad it all worked out!

Slacking after the shower, got sweaty at work and wanted to be comfortable. That'll show me, LOL. I'm not normally one to pack at home because of our location but this may alter that.
Sadly now this POS knows where the getting' spot is. Be vigilant for a LONG time now. I hate to hear these stories, I'm glad your safe. Even if he does nothing I wouldn't bet against him blabbing or posting about it online etc. This is one of the reasons I get infuriated when we let foreigners come into our country who can't speak English. EVERYONE should speak a common language so you KNOW he heard you and understood, no excuses. Proceed to take life into your owns hands at own risk.

Glad your both alright, I wish people were more forward thinking about preparedness and self protection.

Hopefully you have cameras or are thinking about them. An intercom is nice so even if your not home you get notifications and can tell them the cops are coming etc.

Normally I'm shaking from Adrenalin after something like this but I'm not. We stayed cool and realized that we just need a different piece of of equipment and practice. All ended well and that's all I can ask for. The car went down the road to the vacant house for a bit and then left, hope that's the end.

Sadly now this POS knows where the getting' spot is. Be vigilant for a LONG time now. I hate to hear these stories, I'm glad your safe. Even if he does nothing I wouldn't bet against him blabbing or posting about it online etc. This is one of the reasons I get infuriated when we let foreigners come into our country who can't speak English. EVERYONE should speak a common language so you KNOW he heard you and understood, no excuses. Proceed to take life into your owns hands at own risk.

Glad your both alright, I wish people were more forward thinking about preparedness and self protection.

Hopefully you have cameras or are thinking about them. An intercom is nice so even if your not home you get notifications and can tell them the cops are coming etc.
The in laws were staying her for the last two weeks so the cameras have been off. You betcha that they are on tonight, they left this morning.

Nothing to see here folks - just glitching browsers not clearing my already sent msg.. :(
I have an address that's easily mixed up with another house in the area, we are constantly getting their mail so even the post office screws it up.

This incident is also why I hate child safety laws is honestly sometimes a kid should be able to defend themselves too if lord forbid no one else is around. Evil only takes a second.

The late night Knocks seem to be getting VERY common.

On topic but another thing that happened to me was a knock at around that 9pm time on my front door and I live in the suburbs but not a bad area of town (if those still exist).

I was in the habit of keeping a pistol in a holster on the coffee table (kid is in her 20's so no little kids around) and I grabbed it from the holster (it's always loaded) and headed to the door to find out what was up.

Happened to be a kid trying to sell newspapers I think and I told him thru the door that I wasn't interested.

When I sat down I got 'the' look from my kid and the start of a lecture about over reacting when my wife interrupted her and in graphic detail started explaining why it was a perfectly good idea given the time of night (it was also dark out).

I have gotten a little lax on keeping a gun on the coffee table but have one near the door and this has also reminded me that it would be a good idea to leave my carry piece on the table instead of the bedroom from here out..

Again, thanks for the reminder.

Oh, and spotlight motion cctv cameras I believe help a great deal in making my house a less then ideal place to hit.

Glad to hear you are alright. I have had to grab my gun fast a few times similar to this. These are good enough for the price. Just under 14.5" wide on the backside so it sits in-between studs. Screws into said studs. Not crazy tough, but good enough for a self defense gun. I hid one behind a tapestry, on the backside of where the door opens.

That presents challenges for leaving guns laying around.
If the 15 year old was responsible (especially if female) I would 100% tell my kid how to access. The others.. Idk maybe. If it was me when I was 15? 200% hell no! But I probably would have found a way in anyway and a way to put it back in un noticed. Hidden in plain sight and higher intellect is the best method IMO.

I've got four here, ranging from 4 to 15. I'm looking at a wall mounted unit now.
Don't know how to react to that.
tps%3A%2F%2Ftse1.explicit.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg
:oops:

Oh yeah I was going to say.. It really sucks when its a female and their sob story is they are beaten abused etc etc.. And they are like can I come in and call so and so.. And then your like no I don't think so, I'll call the police for you hang on.. And then all of sudden their tune changes to no don't do that its ok I'll just try some one else.. Like uh huh.. Sure. Its ok the police will still be coming either way.. Take care now. :rolleyes:

That one really chaps my azs because I'm sure ALOT of people fall for the sob story. Evil just prays on good intentions. That's why I just prefer to be a pessimistic doubter 100% of the time. Sucks though cuz I feel like this is the social breakdown of society. I wish I could feel more inclined to help others. :(

I do not hate immigrants, but I do think having different languages everywhere is doing a disservice to the English-speaking population that are native to this country. No more signs in all the different languages. Everyone should have to learn the language of the country that they are immigrating/moving to. Period.

I do not hate immigrants, but I do think having different languages everywhen is doing a disservice to the English-speaking population that are native to this country. No more signs in all the different languages. Everyone should have to learn the language of the country that they are immigrating/moving to. Period.
Everybody speaks 870.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top