JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Without a doubt 4E3A8D5A-666C-41A5-895A-6A3F04AB8D24.jpeg

There are a lot of reasons to like a particular gun; features/function, reliability, accuracy, ballistic capabilities, et al. But how about guns you just find visually appealing for whatever reason; layout, design, craftmanship, color, or even those so ugly they are beautiful in their own way.

Which would be your pick(s) and why? Enjoy. :)

EVERY single gun that I owned in the past and what I own now in 2 rifles. They were perfect to me in their LOOKS, their design, their shooting, their quality, their NAME BRAND, etc.

I did tons of research with catalogs, looking in stores, a Gun Digest, library books, books that I bought, telephone calls to the companies, online research to a degree, etc. before I made my first purchase in a gun - followed up by more in a short time frame of a couple of years. Back east especially.

I DO love beautiful guns and what I LOVE in looks - some people may NOT like worse off love. Mainly because I admire CLASSIC LOOKS and specific models and brands.

From former handguns to rifles.

I NEVER owned a shotgun but I do LIKE specific old fashioned shotguns. Single shots, side by side ones and over/under ones.

LONG gone ones...

Late 90's and on time frame.

Specific, quality made, name brand, classic lever action rifles in BEAUTIFUL WALNUT and blued steel and a couple in walnut and brass. RF and CF.

Browning BL 22 - Walnut and blued steel with pretty scrolling on it with a gold trigger.

Winchester 94-22 - Walnut and blued steel.

Marlin Papoose with the blue case - break down model - black composite and stainless steel and it IS and WAS the ONLY semi automatic rifle that I ever personally bought - owned too. Great gun but I discovered that I still LOVED lever action rifles more. But I was willing to try this one out and I did enjoy it - my late husband liked to shoot it too.

Wins out here. My MT husband and I owned 3 specific ones but HE owned others in the past too. The 3 Winchester 94 Trappers (?) were sold when they stopped making them. They were in 30-30, 357Magnum and in 45Long Colt if my memory is perfect now.

Marlin 336C in a 30-30 - MADE IN CT - walnut and blued steel.

Several Henry rifles over the years. Two Golden Boys in 22lr and 22wmr. One large loop carbine - lever action in 22lr. I could wear winter gloves with that rifle. A Big Boy in 357Magnum that my MT husband and I shot a lot with my former factory ammo and his reloaded ammo.

~~~

Bolt action rifles that I own now.

CZ 457 Lux in 22wmr and in 22lr.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-lux/

~~~

Glock in a 9mm - Model 19 - Generation 3

Smith and Wesson d/a revolvers in several models AND the Model 41 and Model 22A semi automatic pistols circa the late 90's to 2001.

Model 686 - A - 5 one if my memory is correct.

Model 60

Model 317 Kit Gun - NOT with the ugly and stupid HI VIZ front sight in fiber optic green that they have NOW - ugh! The original one's style was NICE - a nice front sight.

S&W gifts in the Model 29-2 and -3.

RUGER single action revolvers in 22lr - one special model that they ran for a year or so - Bisley grip (?) and it had beautiful scrolling and it came only in 22lr.

Other RUGER single actions in 22lr and 22wmr convertible models aka Super Six ones.

The RUGER BLACKHAWK in 45Long Colt and in 357Magnum. BLUED and wood grips.

One RUGER convertible one in 22lr/22wmr had the pretty black grip on it with the TRADITIONAL Ruger logo - mark.

ADDED more:

I CRS sometimes!

A Stevens Favorite bought NIB and made by SAVAGE. Cute 22lr single shot rifle with a falling block type of action. Sold.

TWO Savage Rascals - single shot - bolt action rifles gifted to our range. Black composite and steel.

Marlin Golden 39A - Made in CT

The CZ 455 Lux in 22lr that I gave to my husband when I went to 2 CZ 457 Lux rifles in 22lr and in 22wmr.

Most likely, I forgot some other ones but I found and still find that what I chose and LIKED IN LOOKS, in quality, in being a TACK DRIVER firearm, in a brand name that I could count on but never had to use their warranty, etc. were GOOD and reliable firearms to ME from the late 90's and on.

I did NOT list the pretty but VERY few guns that my late husband owned. I used one of his aka The House Gun.

I did not list the tons of former guns that my MT husband owned that I did shoot and thought were PRETTY. Plus ones that I know about and SAW in person that I never DID shoot AND ones that I heard about but were sold before I knew him.

Old Lady Cate

Added more and typos.

Last Edited:
I did not know that Smith-Corona made firearms.

IS this the same company that made typewriters like the OLD manual ones that I grew up with?

Remington and SC are ones that we had in our home growing up.

Old Lady Cate

M9 series of hand guns, and fnx45 handgun probably take the cake for me. Especially in FDE

as for rifles I think the g36c has got to be my most visually pleasing gun and unlike the items I mentioned above, I do not own one. But really want one. Probably one of those tommybuilt

I did not know that Smith-Corona made firearms.

IS this the same company that made typewriters like the OLD manual ones that I grew up with?

Remington and SC are ones that we had in our home growing up.

Old Lady Cate
Yep that is the typewriter company...they had a contract to make the 03A3 rifle along with Remington.
Andy

Yep that is the typewriter company...they had a contract to make the 03A3 rifle along with Remington.
Andy

And Union Switch & Signal made 1911A1's too. So did Singer Sewing Machine Co. Inc., but not many. In England, Lines Bros, makers of Tri-Ang tinplate toys, made STEN guns. MFI, the UK furniture giant, made the Mosquito fighter-bomber. Many other furniture companies added their expertise, as well. In a total war, like WW2, everybody who can do ANYTHING puts the time in.

Just a few off the top of my head for my taste in looks, in no particular order:

A rich, deep blued old Weatherby with nice wood. Pre-64 "worn" Winchester 70's. Matte stainless on grey laminates, like Ruger's target grey line. Dark blued old revolvers. Original honest worn Colt 1911's. Old M1 Garand's, M14's, .30 carbines, Springfield's, etc. An original un-bubba'd Russian SKS.

But then again, I like the simplistic utilitarian looks of Glock pistols too. And I think the M-16/M-4/AR-15 type rifles are pleasing to the eye too.

And Union Switch & Signal made 1911A1's too. So did Singer Sewing Machine Co. Inc., but not many. In England, Lines Bros, makers of Tri-Ang tinplate toys, made STEN guns. MFI, the UK furniture giant, made the Mosquito fighter-bomber. Many other furniture companies added their expertise, as well. In a total war, like WW2, everybody who can do ANYTHING puts the time in.
Rock Ola the jukebox company made M1 and M2 Carbines ..
I always wanted one a M1Carbine made by them , My Dad carried one by them in Korea.
Andy

You just saved me some typing.

Several manufacturers that were not firearms manufacturers answer the patriotic call and did what had to be done to gear up for the war effort, but that was back in the day when your average countryman wasn't too busy selling out to China to make a buck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top