JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are a lot of reasons to like a particular gun; features/function, reliability, accuracy, ballistic capabilities, et al. But how about guns you just find visually appealing for whatever reason; layout, design, craftmanship, color, or even those so ugly they are beautiful in their own way.

Which would be your pick(s) and why? Enjoy. :)

There are a lot of reasons to like a particular gun; features/function, reliability, accuracy, ballistic capabilities, et al. But how about guns you just find visually appealing for whatever reason; layout, design, craftmanship, color, or even those so ugly they are beautiful in their own way.

Which would be your pick(s) and why? Enjoy. :)
In the modern world, I would place a Ruger Number 1-S at the head of the list. Strong, great design, and pleasing to the eye.
Best,
Gary

Polished wood, lol!

Seriously though. Rifles with amazing woods finishes always catch my eye.

1911s with nice woods grips also just looks good.

Bead blasted matte stainless revolver always catch my eye. Especially if they have a full barrel lug.

Oh I don't know , probably something like these below....:D
As for the "why"...'cause I am a history nerd , who loves shooting ...all of these guns are historic and still get shot from time to time.
Andy

DSC06789.jpg
Leman percussion Trade Rifle .50 caliber circa late 1830's - 1850's.

DSC06814.jpg
J.Henry flintlock Trade Rifle .58 Caliber circa 1820's.

DSC06619 (1).jpg
F.E. Seiferth , St. Louis made "Plains Rifle" .50 caliber , circa 1840's - 1850's.

DSC06557.jpg
G. Laloux flintlock 20 gauge fowler....G. Laloux and his company made guns from 1834 - 1920.

Oh I don't know , probably something like these below....:D
As for the "why"...'cause I am a history nerd , who loves shooting ...all of these guns are historic and still get shot from time to time.
Andy

View attachment 875552
Leman percussion Trade Rifle .50 caliber circa late 1830's - 1850's.

View attachment 875553
J.Henry flintlock Trade Rifle .58 Caliber circa 1820's.

View attachment 875554
F.E. Seiferth , St. Louis made "Plains Rifle" .50 caliber , circa 1840's - 1850's.

View attachment 875556
G. Laloux flintlock 20 gauge fowler....G. Laloux and his company made guns from 1834 - 1920.

That Henry IMO is a real looker.

That Henry IMO is a real looker.
Thanks....it has some excellent lines for sure.
That rifle took my last elk...I am wearing a jacket made from that hide , in my avatar.

When the game warden checked my tags as I was field dressing the elk...
He asked to also see my rifle...the look on his face when I pulled the rifle out of the blanket case it was in , was priceless.... :D
Andy

For modern stuff. I have a soft spot for woodland camo guns. I still need to get one done.

-m81-woodland-multicam-cerakote-finish-112896-full.jpg

The FAL or AK. The FAL because it just represents ingenuity of the time for a standard issue rifle, they clearly thought about ergonomics and making the controls easy and relatively comfortable to the average right handed soldier.

Then there's the AK, ugly but practical and simple. Did what the soviets wanted it to do, was simple to learn how to use, and like the AR its a design that pretty much just kept going.

Last Edited:
DSC06606.jpg
As far as my modern guns ...this one for me.

A 1962 Remington Wingmaster , in 20 gauge with a 28 inch barrel and Modified Choke.
It was given to me by my Grandfather and is the first gun that I owned.
It still goes out with me each year when hunting season arrives.

While many may yawn and say Ho-Hum...its just a 870...
Sure it is a 870 , a 20 gauge on a 12 gauge receiver , deep bluing , chromed bolt and cartridge lifter and wood stocks with just a hint of figure.
A great blend of balance and looks , that works for me.
Andy

My prettiest rifles are a Quigley Sharps and a couple of Ruger No. 1's. Someday I want a bolt action in 7x57 or .257R with wood like K-22 posted.

For pistols I fancy Colts in that oh so beautiful royal blue. For a rifle a Winchester 70 with some fancy wood.
I have to say a Winchester 70 Supergrade has always been on my list. The Model 88 is probably one of the most graceful and visually appealing levers I have ever shot. Strangely enough I ended up with one. A 1957 .308 Win.
20171123_152040(1).jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top