JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find particularily fondleable anything hand fit and finished that was made before the days of electricity. The craftsfolks of olde had greater difficulty in creating works of beauty, so when I see one, I look for the spots that are rarely seen and even there you can see care/attention to detail and beauty. True artistans know they are mortal, but their beautiful works can live on.

For revolver beauty I like the SW model 629 with 6.5 inch barrel, Matt finish, and glorious multicolored custom carved laminated wood grips. However, I prefer rubber grips on a .44 I actually shoot rather than just look at. Sigh. The 6.5 inch barrel is the most beautifully proportioned for the size of the gun. And .44s with that barrel length are my favorite woods guns too.

But I also love the beautiful camo patterns one sees on some shotguns. Would it be possible to put such a camo pattern on a SS revolver? I think a camo pattern would be useful/practical on a woods/hunting revolver. But is it possible? I've noticed that shotguns or rifkes seem to be either SS or camo but not both.

???

A few off the top of my head:

• Winchester 92s and 94s and to some extent clones of the former. New, well worn, vintage, or modern — love'em.
  • Full-sized, blued, walnut grip equipped revolvers. Think Model 29.
  • The Beistigui Hermanos Broomhandles. So weird it is good.
  • The original Mac-10 submachine-guns in the so ugly it is strangely visually appealing department. They have an industrial look my wife said "looks like something on Opacity".

As I get older, I'm enjoying the look of some of the ornate muzzleloaders. But really, any nicely-done firearm with brass or gold inlay and some fancy carving. Nice.

Always good to see your collection, Andy.

2C4D14FC-9AC4-42B1-B3C9-EB9EAB1D25D0.jpeg

I find particularily fondleable anything hand fit and finished that was made before the days of electricity. The craftsfolks of olde had greater difficulty in creating works of beauty, so when I see one, I look for the spots that are rarely seen and even there you can see care/attention to detail and beauty. True artistans know they are mortal, but their beautiful works can live on.
Here are the insides of a percussion pistol and a flintlock rifle...both made well before electricity.
Andy
P1110227[1].JPG

P1110224[1].JPG

My prettiest rifles are a Quigley Sharps and a couple of Ruger No. 1's. Someday I want a bolt action in 7x57 or .257R with wood like K-22 posted.

You beat me to the Quigley and whole heartedly agree with the Ruger's.

I think each era has it's standouts as well.

1620007951575.png

A list

Winchester model 1894 rifle 26" barrel
Winchester model 1895 rifle 28" barrel
Winchester model 1885 rifle 32" barrel double set triggers.
Winchester pump .22 1890, 1906, 62, 62A, 61

Any Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky long barrel muzzle loader

Any of the Plains style rifles

1903 Springfield

Though I don't own one at the present, I strangely find some Gold Damascene guns visually appealing.

(Though not that style at all, I do have a super flamboyant Scofield revolver arriving Tuesday that should be fun.)

All this muzzle-loader talk reminds me of a wacky one that remains a perpetual temptation. I speak, of course, of the Le Mat.

View attachment 875708
The LeMat is a interesting revolver...I have handled an original and fired a replica of one.
Both were neat .......but BIG.

If I want a big revolver , I'll have to make do with my Colt 1st Model Dragoon.... :D
Andy
DSC06041.jpg

My eyes glisten to the classic lines of blued and full-stock wood bolt rifles with sights, much like the CZ/ BRNO rifles of old, all thanks to Mannlicher-Shonnen (spelling). I love the classic Mauser actions with sights for safari shooting, and double express rifles.

As for pistols, none other than the many variations of 1911s, except the high polished, satin, mirror finishes. Yuck!!

I like a nice CZ 75 with a full length frame going allll the way to the end of the slide. The Shadow 2 is a good example.

I also like the winchester 1894/1892 top eject only.

And of course, the greatest battle implement ever devised, good 'ol M1 Garand

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top