JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking of buying Mossberg 590A1 this weekend.....was wondering on your thoughts of paying $500+ for this...or picking up a Maverick 88, Savage Arms, or Pardner and just adding what I wanted....probably cheaper this route too...

Your input? Let me know...

That 590A1 sure is purty!

I believe you are talking about the Mossberg 590A1, and yes that would be my choice for the money. I owned the SPX version of the this gun and really liked it.

Another +1 for the win 1300. If you can find the defender model, It holds 8 + 1 up to 3" shells with a 20" barrel. great finish, no rattle in the handguard like a lot of mossy's I've had.

I like the looks of the 590, but I seem to like steel receivers. My preference is for older wingmasters or any era police magnum models. My current shotgun is a Vang Comp 870 Police Magnum. It has (as one would expect of any quality shotgun) worked flawlessly.

Gunbroker in Clackamas sells a pump shotgun called a Tri Star Cobra; it has a spring loaded pump return spring that will jack a shell into the chamber if you let go of the slide if it's in the rear position, pistol grip stock, eight round tube mag, IPA fiber optic sights with a rail to mount a red dot for 329.00. There is a big write up in one of the Tactical Rags this month, worth reading.

I have no experience with the 590A1 but I will tell you this, I have owned and used many mossbergs and they are excellent shotguns, for years the military and many police departments used the 500. Mossberg 500 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of these guy use abuse these things and still work fine with mud, crud, dirt, sand and all gumbed up.

I have limited experience with other brands so I stick with what I know I would no problem what so ever trusting a mossberg shotgun to work for me when a jam.

You check out bud online for pricing, they ship to an ffl dealer near of your choice, who usually charge $15.00 to $30.00 to do the ffl checks

Another +1 for the win 1300. If you can find the defender model, It holds 8 + 1 up to 3" shells with a 20" barrel. great finish, no rattle in the handguard like a lot of mossy's I've had.

One of mine is the Coastal Marine, stainless steel and plated too, not quite as smooth as my other 1300's though.

I've thought about sending the barrel to Vang Comp and having the barrel backbored for accuracy but since I never plan on shooting 100 yards with slugs it'd be wasted money.

While the Winchester 1300 and Ithaca 37 are also great weapons there is a serious lack the support of the industry in terms of after market accessories. I personally do not do autos for this type of shotgun; I've experienced too many malfunctions from even names like Remington 1100/1187 and Benelli.
In case the OP doesn't know, the Win 1300 is a pump shotgun. It, along with the KelTec shotgun, are the only pump shotguns the will allow the use of the ½ size Aguila shotshells/slugs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top