JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would mount the barrel in a vice. VERY carefully and deliberately cut the sight in half making sure to stop at where the sight ends and the barrel begins. Then knock the two pieces of sight out with a punch. Clean the sight slot up with a single flat side triangle file carefully.

Next time use Locktite! Always file the sight down to fit in the slot. Never file the slot open to fit the sight. Sights are cheap to replace, barrels are not.

I'd probably just put the barrel in a vise (with some material around it to keep it from being damaged by the vise), and go after it with a file.

It would take awhile, but I'm patient - or stubborn, depending on who you ask.

Good luck with your project!

Last Edited:
Is the sight in some sort of dovetail, or is just glued to the curved surface of the barrel?

If it is just glued, have you tried putting the breach against a block of wood, have something hold the barrel vertically, and then give the sight several taps with a brass punch and a hammer? JB Weld is just hard plastic.

If you had access to equipment…. Or someone with ability and access. Buy a new sight and grind that one off.

With time and care…..
vise…
Coarse file…
Abrasion down to polish…
Could remove it all totally

Butane cigar torch. Get it any any smoke shop or shady convenience store with a pocket knife and glass pipe display. Anything over 15$ is a ride. If there is tritium or fiber optic in it that can't be pushed out, I can lend you a soldering iron or help ya with it. I have a set of wood burning tips that are wide chisel shaped; this would be your best option if there is tritium.

guys i dont have a workshop and torches and welding equipment
Thought I'd posted in here and while I'm subscribed, I can't see my post.
I have a huge assortment of wood burning chisel tips for soldering irons here, and the small butane torch, and a small shop space. I'll help you out if you're still in this bind, send me a DM. No charge, tip whatever it's worth to ya.

Thought I'd posted in here and while I'm subscribed, I can't see my post.
I have a huge assortment of wood burning chisel tips for soldering irons here, and the small butane torch, and a small shop space. I'll help you out if you're still in this bind, send me a DM. No charge, tip whatever it's worth to ya.

You did post it here. Can you see this quote? If not, that's a bug.
Butane cigar torch. Get it any any smoke shop or shady convenience store with a pocket knife and glass pipe display. Anything over 15$ is a ride. If there is tritium or fiber optic in it that can't be pushed out, I can lend you a soldering iron or help ya with it. I have a set of wood burning tips that are wide chisel shaped; this would be your best option if there is tritium.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top