JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Moms Demand Action Steals my Picture; Followers Issue Threats
Published on Saturday, October 04, 2014
Tags:Arizona|Dean Weingarten|Gun Watch|Open Carry
By Dean Weingarten
Dean-Weingarten-Open-Carries-at-Frys-in-Arizona.jpg?4a8a14
Dean Weingarten Open Carries at Fry's in Arizona
Dean-Weingarten.jpg?4a8a14
Dean Weingarten
Arizona - -(Ammoland.com)- I had the picture above taken, and wrote the story about it a month ago.
It seems to have hit a nerve, because Moms Demand Action stole the picture and tried to use it for their propaganda. It is one of the reasons that I copyright these articles and allow for use *if the attribution line is included*. MDA did not include the attribution line, but their use of the picture is backfiring anyway.
Here is a link to the article at concealednation.org that it generated. Brandon, the author, did a good job.
As we start reading through the posted comments, we quickly realize that some MDA followers seem quite violent. These aren't things that we would ever promote, and find it insanely ironic that a follower of an organization such as MDA would promote such violent acts:
It is interesting to find that there are people who want to kill me, simply for exercising my first and second amendment constitutional rights. Linda Andrew Hunsicker wrote:
"If I see a guy carrying a big gun like this while I'm shoping, I have to assume he's a bad guy and shoot him. It doesn't make sense to wait to see if he shoots someone else first. He's got a gun in Kroger, I feel threatened, so it's my duty to shoot him first."
I wrote about a prominent TV anchor in Phoenix that expressed the same attitude:
Mark Curtis, anchor, 12News:
"Someones carrying a gun, and they're with their children, and they see a man walk into a Starbucks with a rifle on his shoulder. What would stop them from blowing your client away?
Marc Victor, attorney :
Well, the fact that the law prohibits that unless there is an imminent risk of deadly physical force, or….
Mark Curtis, Anchor 12News:
You don't think that a man carrying a rifle in a Starbucks, after what we have seen in Aurora, Colorado, would be enough reason for someone that is carrying a gun to think that they are in imminent danger?
It appears that Linda has expanded the "big gun" category that you can be sumarily executed for, to include such mundane handguns as a Glock 17. Next people will be wanting to kill their fellow man because they drive an SUV, or maybe because their house is bigger than average.
It would not be the first time.
c2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included. Link to Gun Watch

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2014/10/moms-demand-action-steals-my-picture-followers-issue-threats/#ixzz3FNT5ybfh
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Worse, we've stood by and allowed the takeover of our education system!
No kidding. I had to take a government class in college with am idiot of an instructor. He made us take some test to see where we fall politically. Most people fell into the liberal category because I'm assuming they were high school students in the running start program. After we turned the papers in he said that he was glad to see most of the class was liberal. I then dropped that joke of a course the next day. He wasn't teaching government. He told everyone how they should believe.

A zealot can be on either side of the political spectrum. It is fascinating watching people spew such vile comments, especially when you apply the same fanatic comment to a different topic they find important.

Rarely do individuals like this think when they react with raw emotion. When one gets them to the point of using the same tactics for which they dam you, it is much easier to win the argument in the eyes of the public.

LMAO, I'd like to see
"Linda Andrew Hunsicker" draw on me.. For someone who hates firearms.. How on earth could she be competent enough to operate one.. Let alone strong enough to even hold a firearm up.
Too funny.

Worse, we've stood by and allowed the takeover of our education system!
Yep.
From the age of 5-12 I lived I'm eastern Massachusetts. The drivel the teachers would spout off with was terrifying. Of course I didn't know any better. I only knew what the school taught me.
We weren't even allowed to say the word gun in school. It could get you suspended. I remember a 6 year old girl was suspended (nearly expelled) for having one of those 99 cent, bright yellow water pistols.
We didn't talk about guns in my house even though we had three. I found all three. They were unlocked and unloaded. I don't know where the ammo was but I figured out how to assemble my grandfathers .22 rifle. I also figured out how to check if his Iver Johnson .38 was unloaded.
I was smart enough not to squeeze the trigger or point the barrel at my self but I look back at it now and realize how lucky I was.
Nobody had ever taught me not to touch firearms or how to handle them.
From the age of 12-20 I lived in southern NH and it wasn't any better. All the teachers were from Massachusetts and the cops in that city were convinced they were the only ones allowed to have guns.
I remember having to attend these classes called G.R.E.A.T. Gang Resistance Education and Training.
It was basically a cop showing us crime scene photos of people who had been dismembered and he claimed it was an ak47 that did it. He promised us that if we ever touched a gun, ever, that we would be murdered.
How's that for Government Agenda?
It wasn't until I graduated high school and joined the infantry that I realized they were all full of it.
It took me nearly 7 years to undo all the brainwashing the schools had performed and another 2 years to undo the infantry brain washing.

No kidding. I had to take a government class in college with am idiot of an instructor. He made us take some test to see where we fall politically. Most people fell into the liberal category because I'm assuming they were high school students in the running start program. After we turned the papers in he said that he was glad to see most of the class was liberal. I then dropped that joke of a course the next day. He wasn't teaching government. He told everyone how they should believe.

Exact scenario in my high school senior "civics" class. First day, take a quiz so that the teacher can see who will be praised.

I grew up raised by the liberal media. And anti-gun mother. All that it ever did was make me feel scared. The guns are evil, and everyone is out to get me. I'm still fairly young, but I feel like I was brought up in a time when there was more of an anti-conservative to the anti-Communist agenda. From the history books I read, We used to be a lot stronger before didn't we? We didn't scare so easy. We stood up against Tyranny and injustice. We were united. And fought together. I don't see much of that anymore, except in parts of the gun community. Most gun owners are levelheaded, not quick to judge, compassionate, and would gladly explain gun ownership to anyone willing to learn.
Every Conceal carry permit owner I have met would put their life on the line to protect Linda's children if it was necessary. But would she return that favor? I don't know , but if what she said was indication of her character then I highly doubt it.
When I see some open carrying I feel a hell of a lot safer cause I know that they take the hate and distrust from people every day so they can protect themselves and if the situation arises me too. Thank you cc and open carriers (everyday defenders):)

LMAO, I'd like to see
"Linda Andrew Hunsicker" draw on me.. For someone who hates firearms.. How on earth could she be competent enough to operate one.. Let alone strong enough to even hold a firearm up.
Too funny.

Leftie scumbag revolutionaries/reactionaries love to talk big, but when it goes down it will be over, fast

I grew up raised by the liberal media. And anti-gun mother. All that it ever did was make me feel scared. The guns are evil, and everyone is out to get me. I'm still fairly young, but I feel like I was brought up in a time when there was more of an anti-conservative to the anti-Communist agenda. From the history books I read, We used to be a lot stronger before didn't we? We didn't scare so easy. We stood up against Tyranny and injustice. We were united. And fought together. I don't see much of that anymore, except in parts of the gun community. Most gun owners are levelheaded, not quick to judge, compassionate, and would gladly explain gun ownership to anyone willing to learn.
Every Conceal carry permit owner I have met would put their life on the line to protect Linda's children if it was necessary. But would she return that favor? I don't know , but if what she said was indication of her character then I highly doubt it.
When I see some open carrying I feel a hell of a lot safer cause I know that they take the hate and distrust from people every day so they can protect themselves and if the situation arises me too. Thank you cc and open carriers (everyday defenders):)

You've taken a step nto a larger and very cool world of true understanding, don't stop

Now, now - Libtards have their purpose. Just like the old joke about hunting polar bears with somebody who can't run as fast as you, they will distract the sub-human hordes. When the Uentermenschen realize that Liberals are easier prey they will prey on their erstwhile benefactors rather than the people who dropped the first 3 with 3 shots.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top