JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope!
My carry firearms have factory safeties intact and they are there for a very good reason!
Besides, with the proper training we all should have, it should be ingrained in that training to manipulate the safety as part of the draw!
For me, it's really simple, when I draw, the thumb naturally falls on the safety lever and rides it during the firing string, only moving off it to the mag release for a mag change, then the slide release which is right in line and just forward of the tub safety, a quick press check, and we're back in business! Works the same every single time, with zero thought involved! :s0155:

Or just carry a gun that doesn't have that style of safety. We all know Glocks are the way to go.

To be honest, I think the Cardinal Rules of gun safety, if adhered to, make the operation of any weapon 'safe'.

I have the safeties engaged in all of my weapons so equipped at the moment, because I am not pointing them at anything. When I do, I will disengage the safety.

My EDC has no safety. Had I chosen a weapon as my EDC that did have a safety installed, I would learn how THAT gun works for ME and keep it accordingly.

Sometimes I wonder how y'all get your panties so wadded up about this. I am guessing y'all can't drive a stick, either.

Disabling something that has to be purposely activated only makes sense if I'm worried about accidentally activating it.

If my handling is so poor that I accidentally do stuff I shouldn't be carrying.

Since there are plenty of gun owners that are willing to listen to input on this subject, I'll stick with sharing information with this group. As for people who choose to superglue their safeties and then try and justify their actions...
failure-to-communicate.jpg

People like this simply do not understand how the criminal justice system works and words fall on deaf ears. So I chose not to waste my time talking with them any longer. For others I'll explain that prosecuting attorneys use stupidity like this when they decide whether or not to file a case. They will use it to show intent, negligence, recklessness, even accidental discharge. Perhaps this is not the factual case, but it is much easier to prove to a jury. And for civil attorneys...information like this makes them salivate more than a hungry lion over a Thompson's gazelle.

Trigger mods, safety mods and using reloads for self defense is a hot button topic for years.

Consider there is no professional self defense lawyer that will recommend any of those. The problem is there is only one reason for doing any of those, to make the gun easier to use.. more efficient. If you use your gun in self defense, your going to wind up in court and when the court asks you why you modified your gun, what is your answer to the court going to be?
Not to mention that now your lawyer will charge you lots more of the stupid tax.

LOL....about that Glock safety......

I'm not a Glock hater. :s0123: But still....there is something to learn here.

Aloha, Mark
Yea. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire.... That discharge was user error not a Glock issue. DEA Don't.Expect.Anything.

I have a JM Marlin in 45-70 with the cross bolt safety that annoys me greatly. At some point I will probably buy the aftermarket parts to delete it. Or I could superglue it in off position :D.

Isn't there a news story about a girl that used gorilla glue in her hair recently instead of hairspray?

This is just as dumb.

THIS!

Thank you.

Buy a gun that suits you with the FEATURES ON IT that you want and like from the gitgo!

Or sell what you don't like when it comes to guns or any other THING in life and BUY one that you do LIKE.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top