JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When the OP asked if it was racist, what he meant to ask is: "is it pejorative toward those of Mexican nationality (whatever race they are)".

Instead of attacking his accidental misuse of terms, we could answer the question he meant to ask. :rolleyes:

How presumptuos of you to think that he does not know what is being asked and we all need a translation.
Even if that is the case, it is much better to point out the truth so people can actually learn it than give incorrect replies based on an assumtion.

A term being racist doesn't have to do with all the facts stated.Racism has to do with how statements are perceived by those that hear it. You can say all day the mexican isn't a race,blah,blah,blah,but if only 1 person of mexican heritage decides that your statement is racist,the it will be deemed racist,by the majority. Extreme intellects aside,of course.
All terms nowdays have different meanings and we can't always look at divine definitions to see,like in this incident, if a term is racist.

Therefore just because 1 person says the definition dictates it cannot be racist,doesn't mean that in the public's eye,it won't be racist

But Imma justa dumm country boy whatta I no?

That is illogical. If I were to call someone who is German a kraut, that is not racist. Calling someone Polish a pollack or Itallian a wop are not racist either. Words have meanings and as Ben pointed out there is a difference between race, nationality and ethnicity.

But if you think it's all the same then by all means go out and buy some bullets for that Remington 870 revolver and load them up into the clip when you get home.

OP, I'll make you a deal.
Get them to stop crossing the border ILLEGALLY into this country, and I'll stop calling it Mexican Carry.
OK?
Since one of you was rude enough to bring illegal aliens into a non-political discussion, I'll say this:
People are the ultimate resource. We get stronger every time an immigrant crosses the border.

I agree illegal immigration is wrong. The answer is not for them to stay out. The answer is for us to make a way for LEGAL immigration for so they can work here. It won't hurt out economoy (they turk ourr jerbz), it'll help our economy.

Since my wife and kids are LEGAL immigrants, and we went through the immigration process LEGALLY which was an expensive and emotionally draining process... and since our prison populations are around 60% ILLEGAL aliens, and not even getting into identity theft, tax fraud, welfare, public paid medical, MS13 gangsters, and tapping 12-14 girls (or attempting to) being a "cultural misunderstanding", etc...
We should form a support group. My wife is also a LEGAL immigrant and we went throug the same expensive and emotianally draining process (with lawyers and everything).

I think the answer to make legal immigration more accessible. Make 'em pay a thousand bucks for a visa to come and work, and make 'em pay taxes on what they earn. We'll be way ahead in all respects if we do this. And they'll jump at the opportunity-- as it is, they pay 1-1.5k to a coyote to get them across now, let them pay that amount for a visa to come work instead.

Stomper, you don't have a citation for your fantasy number, do you?

No, I thought not.

The rest is fear and ignorance.

I should write this out, and then just copy and paste it every time someone gets scared and starts shrieking about illegal aliens.

Do you know what every illegal alien has in common? Better documentation than either you or your wife. A full set of documents entitling the bearer to work in Washington is for sale less than two miles from where I'm writing this, for less than an hour's wages for a journeyman carpenter.

How do I know this? Because I ran a construction company for twenty years, both union and non-union, and hired crews, large and small, out of the hall and off the bank. Unions love illegal immigrants. Here in Seattle, Local 456 of the Carpenter's (which is the residential local) and a large part of Local 131 (which is the commercial local) is made up of immigrants, and Local 456 teaches English classes and classes about how to adjust to life in Seattle.

Do you understand what that documentation means?

It means that they all pay every penny of all taxes. Sales tax is unavoidable. Their pay stubs look just like your pay stubs. (I assume you have pay stubs. Someone can tell you about them if you don't.)

The idea that illegal immigrant dodge taxes is extremely amusing to anyone who has ever been responsible for running payroll.

But if the documents are false, do you see what they don't do?

They don't draw on the benefits of those taxes. They don't draw unemployment, L&I, or any of the other things you take for granted. It's a one way street. They pay, but they don't take.

The numbers in prison are just the same as for any other ethnic group, no more and no less, and the rest is fear, misinformation and ignorance.

So be afraid. Avoid the dark.

But have a seat. The idea that your wife is somehow different from other immigrants is transparent. We see who you are.

The path ahead for our nation is clear: our way of life is better than that of Mexico, and that attraction cannot be changed except at our expense.

So the right course, the human course, the American course, is to make all people welcome to our way of life, and adjust our system so that it's legal for anyone who damn well wants to be here and who goes to the effort to get here is legal.

Grunwald, it's good to finally be out of the closet, isn't it?

I grew up among Mexicans. I've spent significant periods of my life LIVING in Mexico (Guadalajara specifically). I consider Mexican heritage to be pretty much co-equal to my own, though with less success.

Of all the racist terms I've heard, of all the racist dog whistles I STILL hear every time someone from the GOP opens their mouth, "Mexican carry" doesn't even begin to hit the mark.

It's one thing to be "sensitive" to racially insensitive terms, it's another altogether to be so sensitive that any reference to any other people is inherently racist.

I'm all for honesty. If I want to call out the black community (which I do and have) for failure to police their own ranks and failure of expectations in SPITE of white racism, (which I acknowledge without dissembling) using the Phrase "Mexican carry" id the LEAST of our sins. -If it's a sin at all.

I'm fairly sensitive to racial issues. I've called out repeatedly, racist dog whistles. But "Mexican carry" doesn't come even close to one of those.

From the Original post ...
I don't know that I buy it, though. It sounds racist and so respectful firearms owners should consider another term.

What do y'all think?

I personally have never heard the term Mexican carry , I have always heard carrying a pistol in your waistline with no holster refereed to as carrying commando style ...

Is it racist in the reference to the carry style...?, I don't think so but someone can sure twist in into being racist if they work at it long enough ... If it was was called American carry I wouldn't give a crap, I'm American, I use a holster... If a idiot wants to carry a gun that way then in my book they are just a idiot or they had to Improvise because of a situation no matter what color or what race they are ...

If the term was developed from a time when a Mexican carried that way because they couldn't carry any other way "Improvising" then Is sitting cross legged and calling it sitting Indian style racist, Why sit that way now We have chairs and Benches ...

If Mexicans carried that way, I'm sure others did also because that is what they had and are known for it, Some Indians sat on the ground cross legged, I'm sure others did also but the Indians are known for it Period, Nothing else needs to be read into it ...

Racist, I don't think so ... Stupid In today's world Yes ... Can someone stretch it into sounding racist, Sure but it won't make much sense to Me... If that term offends them then they have a tough life ahead of them ...

This is America. We have a sports team named the "Washington Redskins."

Don't worry about the hangnail, worry about torn, spouting artery.

The other point is that Ayoob saying that "Mexican carry" isn't racist doesn't carry much weight-- he's not Mexian, he's a cop and he's not an expert at race relations.

He's not Mexican, but he is of Middle East descent (Lebanese, I believe). What does he being a police officer have to do with anything?

Stomper, you don't have a citation for your fantasy number, do you?

No, I thought not.

The rest is fear and ignorance.

I should write this out, and then just copy and paste it every time someone gets scared and starts shrieking about illegal aliens.

Do you know what every illegal alien has in .......... blah blah bla blah blabblah.......blah blah blahhhhhh.....blubber blah blah bla blahblahblahbalh........................
How do I know this? Because I blah...blah...blahblahbalabablah.....blah ...blah..blah blahhhhhh. Here in Seattle, Local 456 of the Carpenter's (which is the residential local) blah blah blaaa blahhh blah blah blahhhh blubber blubber blah blahhh....

Do you understand what that blah blahhhhhhhh bllllahhha!!!!!!!?

It means that ....blah blahhhh blaha bahala blahha... bnluubbbble bubble toil and tubble blahhh ......blah ... blahhh.
running payroll.

Where was I???? Oh yeah, if the documents are false blah blah.. blah blablahhh blubber somemore blahhhh bla..blah.

They don't draw on ..nblah..nahwahh blawww blah blah blaaaaa blalalbalablaba babbkle babble blahhhh.

The blahhhhhhh blah mah blah blah in prison blah agrhhh blah ignorance.

So be afraid blah the blahh bla blah blah.

But have a seat blah blahhhhhh blaaaahhh blah ahhhhhhhh. other immigrants is transparent. We see who blah blab blahs!

The blahhhhh path ahead for our blah blah balahhh bl blahh bla bubble blubbeerr blahh clear: our blah blah bla attraction cannot be bla blah blahhheed our expense.

So the right blah blah welcome to our way of bklah blaughhhh aughhh arrrrrghhh is legal.

Grunwald, blah yer blahhhh ahahhahha blah blah, isn't it?

From now on I will consider all posts by Spammer Six to be horseybubblegum and skip right over them to the next post in line.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top