JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am very envious of you. Never been a horse guy, but sure would love 1 or 2 for trail/forest road exploring, hunting and such....Maybe someday when I have more money to take care of and board them. You are a lucky guy. Are they accustom to gun fire?

They are trained to be calm around it, as one never knows when you're going to ride close to someone out shooting.

mecoco.jpg

yellowstone trip 1 059.jpg

our 15 y/o rottie and lunkhead lab. Lost the old girl almost a year ago but the lab is still with us. He has developed quite the personality and grumbles as he does as told when not laying on his back sounding like chewbacca.

yellowstone trip 1 059.jpg

we couldn't stand not having a dog around so we adopted this guy from Clackamas dog services on Christmas eve. I think he is going to work out nicely, he is very affectionate, curious, intelligent, and has a lot of energy:s0155:

his name is Mack

mack 003.jpg

mack 005.jpg

we couldn't stand not having a dog around so we adopted this guy from Clackamas dog services on Christmas eve. I think he is going to work out nicely, he is very affectionate, curious, intelligent, and has a lot of energy:s0155:

his name is Mack

He is bloody handsome. you will enjoy a lot of good years with him. Our first was a GSP we had him for a long time.
And losing him was harder then losing other family members.

These were our pygmy goat weathers until a year or so ago. We adopted a boy and moved into town so he'd be close to other kids and had to give the goats away. They are good for eating blackberry patches but their favorite foods are really blue poly tarps, paper plates, and junk mail.

This is Maximus. My wife liked to dress them up for holidays. Weird things can happen to women when they don't have kids.

Smiley Jack is dressed up as Darth Vader. The wife dressed him up as a fairy the year before so this was an improvement.

Skunk had tons of personality and was my favorite. He would gobble like a turkey and was trained to head butt using hand signals. He was a weather (de-horned and castrated), but you couldn't convince him of that. Notice in the previous pics he's "looking for action", he did that alot...... We ended up calling him Mr. Crazies.

......I miss my goats.

maximuscowboy_zpse04d3183.jpg SkunklovesVader_zps76ba2dc1.jpg Skunknapping2_zps74113d7d.jpg

Gift idea. Worth a shot guys...

I scanned some of my sweetheart's old snapshots and got her a bunch of coffee mugs for Christmas, the big ones, each with 3 pics of her various cats. She's had several cats over 3-4 decades, 2 at a time, backfilling immediately whenever she's down to one. Of course, her now grown kids are in some of the pics too, and I made sure they got equal billing. Bonus points.

Some gifts are useful, like a socket set. And some just make mommies really happy. Seems I stumbled into a winner this year. Whoo-Hoo!!!

Here's three of our seven cats:
SDC10595-(3).jpg
These are all Japanese Bobtails, the one closest is a retired Grand Premiere show cat in CFA, the others are from the same breeder but have never been shown. Photo taken on I-5 coming back from Seven Feathers.
The one on the left is Tomiko, loves to go for walks on a leash. Causes quite a commotion at the campgrounds when I take him out.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

SDC10595-(3).jpg

The one thing the Lord didn't get right.
Didn't give them enough time with us.

Then we get more!

Sincerely sorry for the sadness anyone here experiences when losing an unconditional friend. They can be like our own kids.

Pushing 60, I've never had a big critter before. So, I learned only recently that 150 lb + doggies are usually prone to a shorter lifespan. Some close friends of mine are amazed that their 200 lb Lucy is still around at 8 years, but they make damn sure she has a wonderful life.

Short of parrots and turtles (that I hear last forever), pets are an amazing way to teach our youngsters, and ourselves, the lessons of a good life and good friends while we have them.

Then we get more!

Sincerely sorry for the sadness anyone here experiences when losing an unconditional friend. They can be like our own kids.

Pushing 60, I've never had a big critter before. So, I learned only recently that 150 lb + doggies are usually prone to a shorter lifespan. Some close friends of mine are amazed that their 200 lb Lucy is still around at 8 years, but they make damn sure she has a wonderful life.

Short of parrots and turtles (that I hear last forever), pets are an amazing way to teach our youngsters, and ourselves, the lessons of a good life and good friends while we have them.

We have always raised big northern breed canines. It is what they are fed.
Most dog foods are toxic and shortens their life.
They are carnivores, and meat is what they need.
Not floor scrapings and chicken beaks. We have always fed BilJac since developed.
and supplemented heavily with cooked chickens, deboned. We usually have
them for 16 to 18 yrs and the wolf can average 20.
There is no greater loyalty than a canine gives you.
Feed them nothing that you won't eat yourself.
Ours have always been rescued animals as well and they seem to know.
Diet is the key to longevity for them, but still it is too short.
We never feed raw as there are parasites in all raw meats.

Taku Wakan (My Avatar) Was 20 last year when we lost him.
As gentle as they come and loved the grand-kids. He could tell us 15 min before they arrived. He always knew. We really miss him.
We have a Giant Wolly Alaskan Malamute now that we rescued at 4. She is a clown and hell of a sense of humor. Also thrives for the grand-kids to be here to climb all over her.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top