JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
tkdguy,
Sounds like you've done what you need to do with respect to GF for the moment. Anything further, if anything, can wait till you have recovered.
May your surgery go well, and your recovery be fast.
Best wishes from all of us here on NWFA.
Carol

I take back what I said earlier.....

About the one last ____________.

New opinion: Just get out of it.

Aloha, Mark

Absolutely leave NO DNA - one call to the cops about rape and you go straight to jail. DO NOT give someone that power.

A clean break is what you need. Walk away. Yesterday. No V is worth that risk or giving someone that power over you.

After 5 years and her nearly moving in to my home in the next 2 months, the topic of the leftist's anti-america platform came up over dinner. The discussion evolved into the far left's goal to dismantle the 2nd A and her position that all "all assault weapons" should not be sold to civilians. Although he had her facts totally wrong, I was in a state of shock over her profound anger over the 'assault rifle' issue. I was so scared of her anger on the issue that I did not mention that I had several. Her anger over the weapons issue was one thing, but what emerged was her livid anger over the "system, the rich, Trump, etc.". In previous discussion on politics I have almost always avoided discussion, thinking that her democratic ideas was moderate, but now I think she is much more left leaning and rabid. She now raised the issue that her moving in could be deal breaker over my conservative politics and pro-gun assault firearms issues.
I was stone cold over her anti-gun assault gun issue although she was not anti-gun on other firearms; so she said.
So, she said that perhaps we should not stay the night together and I told her to do what she wants to do. She left my home very politely, wanted to stay but she clearly saw my stone cold emotions for her and not at all attractions for her and he rapport was destroyed between us. She left about 9 pm. I warned her politely that I thought that her leaving that evening was a very bad idea; now thinking that if she was living here in the future, that she would bolt if things get difficult. She was going to live her rent free but for food and utility costs.

I was royally disgusted with her last night and still am. I am thinking now that she harbored this profound anger over the years, about firearms and the system that there was another side of her personality that caused me to think that my attraction was to somebody else and not this rabid democrat or leftist thinker.

I am disgusted this morning thinking that the 5 year relationship is best left alone and ended. I am looking at some significant surgery late next week, now, thinking I do not want her in my life, although she desired to continue the relationship regardless, stay with me in the hosptial, now thinking I do not want her there; and I did not express any desire to end the relationship, but my gut tells me that her rabid side is very threatening, and thinking of potential red flag laws, that she does not think clearly, and is anti and she now can not be trusted due to the emergence of her clandestine rabid anti-system politics. Thinking now that she would vote to take my gun rights away. She says that she would respect my firearms interests, hunting lifestyle, and politics and that we should not talk about these matters. But, I do not think I can trust her. She reminded me that at my age of a very young looking 71 year old, that I will never find a replacement for someone who loves me as much as she does. Likely so?
I am just disgusted with her clandestine anger over my type of beliefs, and a mega change in my perception that my image of her personality has now changed radically for the worse. My gut is so upset that I have not intent to call her and given the very heated discussion last night I do not want to talk to her. I feel like my love and attraction for her has gone down the drain. I was going to change my will shortly and considerations were to put her in it, but now, that consideration is off the table completely. I see no need to have her move into my home, essentially rent free; and have her potentially vote to take my rights away.
I have son close by who can take care of me during and following the hospital care, and do not want her in my life today or thinking this entire week before the surgery. Any ideas?
Thanks.

They always say.....go with your gut feelings.

Haven't read through all of this but here is my youngster advice. Hard to admit, but I used to be a person like that "nobody needs an AR....blah blah" you get it. So was my wife. Now, we consider ourselfs politically more towards Libertarian but we have also changed and evolved. More understanding of the Constitution and the second Amendment made us mentally grow. Now, my wife and I both have the opinion that there are definately more pressing issues within this modern society that should be addressed rather than riding around on taking that 2A right away.

I personally feel like nobody has the right to tell me what do to, I support the 2A. A right is a right, leave me alone. I like shooting and have lots of fun doing so, I am into weapons of historic significance and believe the AR15 belongs into this category but I personally don't care much for it. Plus, its as American as a chevy truck.

My wife didn't care for shooting, she doesn't care for guns very much at all because she got traumatized as a kid by her brother. But she cares for rights. She always went with me, stayed either in the car or hung out further away from me shooting. She has come a very long way in that she tried my 1911 and it scared the crap out of her.

A couple months ago, she bought a stripped lower and I have put together a 10.5" AR pistol for her converted in 22LR.
I discussed this with her and told her that if she ever wanted to go bigger, she can just shoot regular 5.56 out if it too and the AR is pretty light since she has a messed up shoulder. She did trust me on this and we went ahead and put the thing together.
Every time we go out shooting now, she hogs the thing and I'm stuck loading magazines while she is having a blast, it boosted her confidence dramatically as she's popping those clay and steel targets. I also bribe her with taking her to her favorite restaurant almost everytime we go shooting. She got so far that she wanted to hold my AK but then got too afraid to pull the trigger! Anyway, I am ridiculously proud of her for that.

I understand that political differences can be very had in a relationship but If you love her, try to explain your point calmly. Tell her "hey, next time, come with me and I'll let you try a 10/22 and then we go to your favorite restaurant" When shes having fun with the 10/22 you explain to her that this will be considered an assault rifle. Usually that will result in a "what? you're kidding, why???"

Even if the relationship ends, you will have educated her on the topic and sparked interest!

Last Edited:
All communication is closed. Friday is surgery. She is prohibited from visiting me in the hosptial or during my recovery for 10 days post surgery. She now knows that moving into my home is not going to happen. Any other solutions to keep her and or just bolting from the relationship? Thought about her having her own place and taking her to the range for education. I doubt she did any research on the topics we discussed. If not researched, she is closed minded and will never be open to education or changing her attitude. My son knows of her leftist ideas, and does not talk to her on same.
I hope she does not red flag you. Women do weird things.

Yesterday, I go out to dinner with my son. In the car he tells me that the gf called him and requested that I return all of her things. I had previously requested from her no contact before my surgery and for about 7-10 days after my surgery so as to avoid stress. I had told her in an email please no contact so as to avoid stress and a bad outcome at surgery and I would contact her in about 10 days after surgery and in the back of my mind, if she did not come around, I'd give her the belongings back. So, within 48 hours of my surgery I get the notice from my son that she wants all of her things back and my stress level went up and likely my blood pressure. I just thinking that her decision to vacate within 48 hours of my very serious surgery was callous and cold heated; just so awful. Thinking that this was her exit and callous along with everything else, it would have been just awful to have stayed with her. Sending back her things today via my son and wishing her well. God is she self-destructive.

Yesterday, I go out to dinner with my son. In the car he tells me that the gf called him and requested that I return all of her things. I had previously requested from her no contact before my surgery and for about 7-10 days after my surgery so as to avoid stress. I had told her in an email please no contact so as to avoid stress and a bad outcome at surgery and I would contact her in about 10 days after surgery and in the back of my mind, if she did not come around, I'd give her the belongings back. So, within 48 hours of my surgery I get the notice from my son that she wants all of her things back and my stress level went up and likely my blood pressure. I just thinking that her decision to vacate within 48 hours of my very serious surgery was callous and cold heated; just so awful. Thinking that this was her exit and callous along with everything else, it would have been just awful to have stayed with her. Sending back her things today via my son and wishing her well. God is she self-destructive.

Smart. Don't hold her stuff any longer than absolutely necessary to coordinate for someone ELSE to return them. Also, photo and inventory anything valuable and even consider a signed receipt for anything of particular value. Might be overkill but a "theft" allegation is the last thing you need.

The woman sounds like a completely toxic, rotten, liberal trash train wreck and it's good that you are getting out better late than never. I'd make no more contact, NEVER be romantic again with her (not even if she shows up naked with beer), and nothing that can even be construed as mean or threatening in any form oral or written.

There are sayings that are very old and still as relevant today as they were hundreds of years ago about women and how they comport themselves when scorned. Consider yourself lucky she's already out and hopefully that's the end.

Pictures taken of her materials as per Old Broad' s advice and will be delivered by my son. Tomorrow I have carotid artery surgery on my left neck. What a break I had on this after I had asked her to cease communication until and after my surgery. Tell me a lot more than I recognized. Callous ! N!

Thinking that this was her exit and callous along with everything else, it would have been just awful to have stayed with her. Sending back her things today via my son and wishing her well. God is she self-destructive.

Tell me a lot more than I recognized. Callous ! N!

Dodged that bullet.

4nvICeP.gif

Good luck with your surgery. After you recover keep reminding yourself: 100 women for every 85 men your age PLUS all the women 40-70 years old who are facing a shortage of men their age and older.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top