JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If, and that's a big if, gun owners would do this in mass? They could really hurt these morons. Wife and I long ago stopped setting foot in Seattle. If most shooters did this? The hit to the tax bast there would be devastating. If the mass of shooters in OR make a point to never buy anything in Potland they could cause real pain.
I'm native here in Beaverton and I never step foot in Portland or do any business unless it is necessary to do so. Which rarely happens and I try to avoid it at all costs!

While I have not read the entire 11 pages of postings/comments under this specific post, I did not see anything in reference to passing of this law and impact to people with OR CHL in the few pages I did read. I've searched across the internet still with no results. So my question is, can a person with a current & valid OR CHL use their CHL in place of a the permit (if the measure passes), or would we now have to repeat the same steps 2 fold (class/background check/licence fee) for each permit/license every 4-5 years? Seems common sense to me that CHL should be able to be used in place of the permit, but then again, common sense isn't exactly running rampid these days.

While I have not read the entire 11 pages of postings/comments under this specific post, I did not see anything in reference to passing of this law and impact to people with OR CHL in the few pages I did read. I've searched across the internet still with no results. So my question is, can a person with a current & valid OR CHL use their CHL in place of a the permit (if the measure passes), or would we now have to repeat the same steps 2 fold (class/background check/licence fee) for each permit/license every 4-5 years? Seems common sense to me that CHL should be able to be used in place of the permit, but then again, common sense isn't exactly running rampid these days.
IF the training for the CHL meets the requirements in 114, then it is explicitly included as satisfying the PTP training. Establishing that will be interesting.

IF the training for the CHL meets the requirements in 114, then it is explicitly included as satisfying the PTP training. Establishing that will be interesting.
Yeah.....the problem is then that OR does not require 'hands-on' training as part of a certified CHL class. I took my test online through the Sheriff's Dept since I have years of firearm handling experience between personal use and military, otherwise I would have had to wait several months for an open spot in the any of the in-person CHL courses I could find here in Washington County. What debacle....I saw this when I read the measure a while back..too many gaps and unanswered questions in this measure that is only going to keep law abiding citizens from being able to legally purchase firearms. I see threads where dealers are already giving last date to purchase firearms without a permit (Sportsmans Warehouse), and TCCG will not do anymore FFL transactions as of today (11/12).

It's a personal choice, but it's not necessary to go to such dramatic extremes. Everyone is different, but just with my own collection... I would guess a good 98% are not originally registered to me. The law doesn't require that I keep paperwork on the purchases... so I haven't... and I honestly can't recall the names of the people I bought them from. ;)

There is always a minute risk a firearm can be stolen and used in a crime. You might even get a call about it, but if it's reported stolen and there is no evidence you where in any way connected to the crime... what's to worry about? You have the right to remain silent and are innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not encouraging or condoning it... mainly tongue in cheek... but simply saying that I know it still happens and I'm quite sure it will continue. Especially if 114 makes all legal avenues to sale/purchase within the state illegal for any great length of time... I can certainly see it becoming even more prolific.

Of course... I can also see folks hopping over state lines to do legal private party purchases being more common, too.

(And, no... none of mine are available for purchase) ;)
Well if someone sells me a Tec 9 in a paper bag for $50 there would be some questions going through my head ! Like where are my Raybans, Boat shoes and jacket and where are my Phil Collins Cd's !
JK of course I like Costa shades

Because back in the day there were neighborhood precincts. Polling places were right close to home and poll workers came from the neighborhood. When the polls closed the poll workers (from both parties) started counting. it took a few hours and the results were telephoned in to the next highest level where they were compiled. There were a lot more people at many more places involved, each counting fewer votes. There was a lot more citizen participation in those days. When I was a kid the neighborhood polling place was a few houses away in a neighbor's garage. My parents worked almost every election for many years.
I was being mostly facetious, but yes, you are 100% right.

Um…… yes. :s0131:

LOL, no. :s0108:

There's a YT 2A channel called the "The Four Boxes Diner" hosted by a 2A lawyer.

He made the statement of the "four boxes" that our Republic is built and maintained upon, I merely stated which ones are being opened ATM.

In case you've not heard of it, there's also another YT 2A channel called "Washington Gun Law" run by another 2A lawyer.

They're both great!
Both of those channels are awesome. Great info there.

its like seattle. if king county votes blue the whole state looses. it should be by county , each get 1 vote. not let 1 city rule the state.

the state takes all the money and dumps it into king county. someone in spokane should not have to pay for king counties issues

Or better yet, gun laws should be implemented based on county and not the state (and that goes without saying, definitely not national level). If Multnomah county wants to ban guns, then let the responsible gun owners who don't like their houses burned down every other day to move south to Clackamas county.

My current EDC is a Sig P365xl which takes standard 12 round magazines. Apparently I will not be able to carry it outside of my house after 12/08/22, 01/15/23 or whenever, so I need to make two purchases.

Since the P365xl is modular, I can remove the serialized Fire Control Unit from the xl grip frame and insert it into a new standard sized frame that takes 10 round magazines. My existing xl slide will fit on the smaller frame. If I travel to a legal state, then my 12 round magazines will still work.

Since my Sheriff has NOT made any statement about 114 since the election, that is my current plan. BM114 is costing me about $100 to have a grip frame and a 10 round magazine shipped to my house. Do I have legal standing now?

My current EDC is a Sig P365xl which takes standard 12 round magazines. Apparently I will not be able to carry it outside of my house after 12/08/22, 01/15/23 or whenever, so I need to make two purchases.

Since the P365xl is modular, I can remove the serialized Fire Control Unit from the xl grip frame and insert it into a new standard sized frame that takes 10 round magazines. My existing xl slide will fit on the smaller frame. If I travel to a legal state, then my 12 round magazines will still work.

Since my Sheriff has NOT made any statement about 114 since the election, that is my current plan. BM114 is costing me about $100 to have a grip frame and a 10 round magazine shipped to my house. Do I have legal standing now?
I feel your pain. It's going to cost me about $300 with shipping just to buy 10 rnd magazines if I want to sell my guns. $44+ a magazine when I want to sell my Sigs and Walthers.

Do you also need to have a Purchase Permit to sell your guns?

You could always sell your pistols without a magazine.
If and when I sell in Oregon it will be at a gunshow if they still have gunshows. Section 8 says the buyer has to have a valid permit when you call in a transfer. I suspect I will need 10 rnd mags to sell if it's a first time buyer.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top