JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OFF trial starts Monday at 9am. Here's the calendar. Here's courthouse information. If you're going, be aware that the courtroom has limited seating, so you may get directed into the overflow room. Plan on extra time to find parking, walk to the courthouse, and get through security.
Do remember, have to be entirely weaponless to enter the building. My experience in San Francisco showed the security staff was armed (concealed), and very polite in the grit your teeth kind of way. Oddly, they did check concealed weapons for LE only, and did let us check pocket knives there, but I don't know about Portland.

If you've not been to these, dress is 'business casual' or better - don't look like Fetterman! - and spectators are expected to watch, not try to participate. Any federal judge will clear the courtroom at the drop of a *bubblegum* audible at the bench.

EDIT - it ought to be obvious, but the court rule on phones, tablets, computers, cameras is
LR 83-13 Recording Devices; Wireless Communication Devices

(a) Definitions

1. Recording device. Any device, including a wireless communication device, capable of recording sound or images using any medium.
  2. Wireless communication device. Any device capable of sending or receiving wireless communications signals, such as cellular and mobile telephones, smartphones, pagers, laptop computers, and personal digital assistants (PDAs).

(b) Limitations on Use

1. Wireless communication devices must be placed in silent mode while in the courthouse.
  2. Jurors must turn their wireless communication devices over to the courtroom deputy clerk during deliberation.
  3. Recording devices may not be used to record:
    1. pictures, video, or audio at any time while inside the courthouse; or
    2. any court proceedings conducted remotely using teleconferencing, videoconferencing, or any other form of electronic communication.
One time in SF, judges allowed tweeting out commentary, so long as it all was silent.

Last Edited:
We do have a choice.
If this all passes through.
I think it comes down to how much we love freedom, over how much we love Call of Duty, fishing, camping.
Buying big screen TVs.
I imagine more ppl spend time booking a hotel room then reviewing what they vote for.
This group is indeed large enough to motivate voting. Not and expert.
But the younger one is and gets involved the better. I went to a local meeting a few weeks ago
of conservatives, grey filled the group more then 99%.
Recruiting is what is needed. We need to drop the good ole boy mentality, ( I am 50% Good Ole boy and 50% what the mrs says I am )
But seriously, some day all us greys will be long and buried. If the young do not pick up the torch it will go out.

We do have a choice.
I think it comes down to how much we love freedom, over how much we love Call of Duty, fishing, camping.
Buying big screen TVs.
I imagine more ppl spend time booking a hotel room then reviewing what they vote for.
But the younger one is and gets involved the better. I went to a local meeting a few weeks ago
Recruiting is what is needed. We need to drop the good ole boy mentality, ( I am 50% Good Ole boy and 50% what the mrs says I am )
But seriously, some day all us greys will be long and buried. If the young do not pick up the torch it will go out.
I am not a Dad. But I take a young guy (or Gal) shooting as often as I can. I Love it!

We do have a choice.
Buying big screen TVs.
Interesting that you bring this up. At this week's War Room, we were discussing a side discussion about how to get the non-voters involved and have started asking about hot button issues. We really don't have much time for fund raising and planning so it's important that we get a plan together soon. What we have discovered is that the Oregon Republican Party isn't much help and the agenda is driven by a very strong and powerful cabal. That means we aren't going to count on much, if any help from them and could actually get quite a bit of pushback from them.

Our first self imposed task is to ask around about primary concerns. So far, we've come up with parental rights, election integrity, theft of the kicker, second amendment freedoms, and sexualization of children. If anyone else has something to share, send me an IM and we can explore this further.

Our first self imposed task is to ask around about primary concerns. So far, we've come up with parental rights, election integrity, theft of the kicker, second amendment freedoms, and sexualization of children. If anyone else has something to share, send me an IM and we can explore this further.
... school security/hardening.

Interesting that you bring this up. At this week's War Room, we were discussing a side discussion about how to get the non-voters involved and have started asking about hot button issues. We really don't have much time for fund raising and planning so it's important that we get a plan together soon. What we have discovered is that the Oregon Republican Party isn't much help and the agenda is driven by a very strong and powerful cabal. That means we aren't going to count on much, if any help from them and could actually get quite a bit of pushback from them.

Those are the key things that trip my trigger. I'd also like to see republicans continue to have the quorum denial tool in their arsenal without sacrificing their political career or encountering high fines. Democrats need to understand their extreme legislation is going to trigger extreme reactions from the other side.

Additionally the SOS should be replaced by a neutral party to ensure that recalls, signatures and ballot measures are handled according to the letter of the law. Oregon state government needs to shed its current RICO tendencies and become a government for All Oregonians.

I still have yet to read a news article about it that accurately describes the extent to which this measure will affect us. I'd like to think that if it had been accurately described in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I have zero faith immergut will do the right thing here, but it's going to be interesting to watch her weedel around Bruen to somehow find 114 lawful in her twisted little mind! These lefties love that Bruen left permitting requirements untouched, about the best we can hope for is the mag ban gets struck down!

I expect, regardless of her rulings, that they will be immediately appealed. It would be nice if the appeal landed on Benitez docket, and he can smash the entire left coast crap in one ruling. I think this will go to SCOTUS with a ruling next summer. I also see oregon Supremes getting the harney county case.348 will attach to some budget somewhere to be voted on when the republicans have to return to vote on states budget.
Floyd and crew are deploying a magicians trick. distracting with the court cases while pulling a major coup with the hand we are not watching.

Today was testimony from the plaintiffs. There were some ridiculous questions from the defense on cross. They kept saying large capacity magazines (LCMs) and witnesses kept calling them standard capacity. Judge finally asked that they refer to them as M114 does (LCMs) to avoid confusion. Sporting goods store owner was saying that it's impossible to tell how many rounds you would need if you encountered a bear or cougar. Lawyer then asked if she was a veterinarian. That was good for some comic relief but he was dead serious. They're trying really hard to impeach the witnesses.

End of the day there was a little bit of fireworks between the legal teams. Defense wanted to bring in a witness to talk about effectiveness of permits to purchase and plaintiffs were adamant that they don't get to speculate if the plaintiffs aren't allowed to discuss effectiveness of implementation. Plaintiffs will submit a brief in the morning so we'll see what the judge has to say then.

It's actually pretty boring. The trial is mostly about the magazine ban and constitutionality of it. MIGHT be able to discuss the Kavanaugh opinion on Bruen. but both sides read it differently.

Today was testimony from the plaintiffs. There were some ridiculous questions from the defense on cross. They kept saying large capacity magazines (LCMs) and witnesses kept calling them standard capacity. Judge finally asked that they refer to them as M114 does (LCMs) to avoid confusion. Sporting goods store owner was saying that it's impossible to tell how many rounds you would need if you encountered a bear or cougar. Lawyer then asked if she was a veterinarian. That was good for some comic relief but he was dead serious. They're trying really hard to impeach the witnesses.

End of the day there was a little bit of fireworks between the legal teams. Defense wanted to bring in a witness to talk about effectiveness of permits to purchase and plaintiffs were adamant that they don't get to speculate if the plaintiffs aren't allowed to discuss effectiveness of implementation. Plaintiffs will submit a brief in the morning so we'll see what the judge has to say then.

It's actually pretty boring. The trial is mostly about the magazine ban and constitutionality of it. MIGHT be able to discuss the Kavanaugh opinion on Bruen. but both sides read it differently.
Thanks for the report.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads