JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The states appeal petition has been published. As soon as I find a way to link or post I'll do so. Unfortunately, it's a .pdf document. Since we can't post pdfs on this site, will need to wait until someone else publishes it and we can link it.

They took the page down lol
Also, does anyone remember what the case name is for this?
Theres are the two numbers on the front page of the petition:

Harney County Circuit CourtNo. 22CV41008

CA A183242

Screenshot 2024-02-12 123846.jpg

Appeal Petition

Link to the actual appeal is above. Put on your wading boots, the chit is pretty deep.
I didn't read it but table of contents looks like they are rehashing the same arguments as before. Fe saying large magazines were not used in 1859. Did they not read Rashio's ruling? He went to great lengths examining the question and all evidence pointed to the people of that time using the most effective weapons available to them.

The internet didn't exist in that time but they still used the best method of communications available. It's such a stupid and false argument on the part of the state.

Can't stomach reading the thing but here is that blurb from table of contents fyi.

55F9EC44-81AB-4231-BB6E-E6677C2B3F5E.jpeg

Wondering about the desire to get an actual hearing as soon as possible. Perhaps Rosenbloom wants it resolved before she resigns so she can say how great of an AG she was?
If you look at their rhetoric they say, "it's an emergency" "every day counts" and Levo recently said "there have been 600 shootings that could have been prevented if m114 started back in 2023" or some such bull sh!t. They think that the normal situation that has existed since we were a country is all of a sudden and emergency that must be stopped today! It's all bubbleguming bullbubblegum. I'm not saying that's the reason, just pointing out their rhetoric. I don't know the reason. Could it have anything to do with getting it resolved before the legislature meets again or something?

If you look at their rhetoric they say, "it's an emergency" "every day counts" and Levo recently said "there have been 600 shootings that could have been prevented if m114 started back in 2023" or some such bull sh!t. They think that the normal situation that has existed since we were a country is all of a sudden and emergency that must be stopped today! It's all bubbleguming bullbubblegum. I'm not saying that's the reason, just pointing out their rhetoric. I don't know the reason. Could it have anything to do with getting it resolved before the legislature meets again or something?
This session is scheduled to end March 10th. If they got a favorable ruling, could push it through this session for bragging rights on the campaign trail. They might even call an emergency session to pass the newest version of SB348 that was supposed to implement M114. After all, it's for the children! :rolleyes:

I didn't read it but table of contents looks like they are rehashing the same arguments as before. Fe saying large magazines were not used in 1859. Did they not read Rashio's ruling? He went to great lengths examining the question and all evidence pointed to the people of that time using the most effective weapons available to them.

The internet didn't exist in that time but they still used the best method of communications available. It's such a stupid and false argument on the part of the state.

Can't stomach reading the thing but here is that blurb from table of contents fyi.

View attachment 1821819
I recall the 1859 date, but what does it entail? Is it really part of the Supreme Courts decision? Does it carry any weight or is it something the Liberal Left focused on and interpreted to their liking?

Doesn't in common use trump 1859? Two years later, the Gatling gun was in use using a high capacity, for the time, magazine.

Just thinking out-load.

One of my favorite law words are "arbitrary and capricious." It seems to fit their arguments.

Last Edited:
I recall the 1859 date, but what does it entail? Is it really part of the Supreme Courts decision? Does it carry any weight or is it something the Liberal Left focused on and interpreted to their liking?

Doesn't in common use trump 1859? Two years later, the Gatling gun was in use using a high capacity, for the time, magazine.

Just thinking out-load.
OR as a state date I think? Tech at the time is irrelevant as raschio pointed out very well in his judgement. They consistently used the best tech (most effective guns) available to them at the time.

First ammendment is a corrolary imo. Pen and paper, telegraph, telephone etc. people use the technology of the time to exercise their right. Now we use tv, internet etc. (Raschio didn't say this).

Last Edited:

Just thinking out-load.
Historical analog/analysis of tradition, with respect to when Oregon became a State, which was Feb 14th, 1859.

Edit. It was based on Bruen methology but for State because State Constitution was the document to which Raschio judged whether or not M114 violated State Constitution and based on Oregon's history and traditions, not necessarily Federal history/tradition

OR as a state date I think? Tech at the time is irrelevant as raschio pointed out very well in his judgement. They consistently used the best tech (most effective guns) available to them at the time.

First ammendment is a corrolary imo. Pen and paper, telegraph, telephone etc. they use the technology of the time to exercise their right. Now we use tv, internet etc. (Raschio didn't say this).
Historical analog/analysis of tradition, with respect to when Oregon became a State, which was Feb 14th, 1859.

Edit. It was based on Bruen methology but for State because State Constitution was the document to which Raschio judged whether or not M114 violated State Constitution and based on Oregon's history and traditions, not necessarily Federal history/tradition
Thank you, no coffee today. It gets so convoluted and confusing that it gets blender-ed in my brain. It is tough to keep all of the Court judgements and suits arranged in my mind, and I was a Nuclear Engineer in Health Physics.

Looks like the motion to start m114 was filed on Friday:

I am shocked and kinda impressed that the article actually included not only the quotes from the attorney Tony fighting this, but even included the actual link to where people can go to donate to fight 114:
IMG_4146.jpeg

Just thinking out-load.

One of my favorite law words are "arbitrary and capricious." It seems to fit their arguments.
I think the Bruen Decision is going to bite us in the bum. I don't understand why the SCOTUS set us up like that. 1A cases aren't decided by ancient free speech restrictions, why is the 2A?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top