JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Jeannie and I were just in the Meadowlands BiMart(SE 174th and Powell Blvd.) today and there are signs up saying the store is closing for good January 7th. Between low sales due to the area, theft, and sale of the property they can't continue. The employees will be moving to Gresham, Boring and NE 122nd and Halsey. If your membership started there it will be moved to 122nd unless you move it to another store.

Jeannie and I were just in the Meadowlands BiMart(SE 174th and Powell Blvd.) today and there are signs up saying the store is closing for good January 7th. Between low sales due to the area, theft, and sale of the property they can't continue. The employees will be moving to Gresham, Boring and NE 122nd and Halsey. If your membership started there it will be moved to 122nd unless you move it to another store.
The downward spiral continues. Druggies, gang banging, homeless, and shootings don't mix well with bimarts (or anything else except for more scum). Sucks.

I just saw on the snooze today that someone jumped the counter at a Roseburg Bimart with a hammer and stole a rifle(s).
And they're not allowed to carry while working.. But according to federal law you can shoot someone trying to steal a firearm as I understand it.. catch 22

That Bi-Mart is a few minutes from where I live and is on "the border" of the decent part of Gresham and the felony flats area. It has been there a long time, probably going all the way back to when it was a nicer area.

Funny I have never heard of this club. Looking at internet it looks like trap only. I don't understand their rules about squad and being in rythum with others. Oh well I'm gonna forget about it as I never get out that way much anyway.
So I'm going to guess that you never heard of Moe Bragg, Shooter's Emporium and SofTouch Custom Stocks ?
A little East County shotgunning history right there.

But according to federal law you can shoot someone trying to steal a firearm as I understand it
Any source for this? Not finding anything on the internet and use of deadly force laws related to property crimes are extremely limiting. If they are stealing the gun with the intent of shooting you, it is no longer a property crime.

Any source for this? Not finding anything on the internet and use of deadly force laws related to property crimes are extremely limiting. If they are stealing the gun with the intent of shooting you, it is no longer a property crime.
Yeah. I'm not a lawyer, and you should definitely question anything you read on the internet. I'm parroting what the owners of a gun store said when they got robbed. But it was at night and not open, and the perps drove a truck through the front of the building. They (an owner) were quoting something out of an ATF manual as I recall.
My understanding is if you are stealing a firearm, there is intent to use it, so it becomes more than a property crime. The AFT wouldn't get involved if it was just a car or a doughnut. Both could conceivably kill you, but those aren't regulated at such a high degree..
Seeing how locked up all the guns are at BiMart now, I don't understand how they got away with it. You can't even try the trigger on them because some deranged soul tried to kill themselves at a store not too long ago.

My understanding is if you are stealing a firearm, there is intent to use it, so it becomes more than a property crime. The AFT wouldn't get involved if it was just a car or a doughnut. Both could conceivably kill you, but those aren't regulated at such a high degree..
Thank you. My suspicion is a random ATF or some other alphabet agent thought this, said it to someone, and then it grew legs on the internet. The case law for using deadly force on fleeing felons is very mature and several elements need to be present. It is restrictive for LEOs and exceptionally restrictive for non-sworn citizens.

I can't blame any company for shuttering their store in Portland or East Multnomah county. There's little police presence and the scum have no threat of being arrested or prosecuted.
There is a reason JoAnn Hardesty wasn't re-elected.

Give some credit, where credit is due.

1704470060040.png

Aloha, Mark

And they're not allowed to carry while working.. But according to federal law you can shoot someone trying to steal a firearm as I understand it.. catch 22
There is a difference between what the law allows and what the store wants to do. Just because the store could arm someone and let them shoot the thief does NOT mean the store wants to deal with the liability. Have any idea what the insurance would cost them? Any idea what it would cost if the armed staff member screws up? I am sure they feel FAR cheaper to just let some scum steal now and then.
As for store leaving nothing new. If theft gets to the point the store can no make money why would they stay open? Voters there said this is what they want so they get what they asked for.

There is a difference between what the law allows and what the store wants to do. Just because the store could arm someone and let them shoot the thief does NOT mean the store wants to deal with the liability. Have any idea what the insurance would cost them? Any idea what it would cost if the armed staff member screws up? I am sure they feel FAR cheaper to just let some scum steal now and then.
As for store leaving nothing new. If theft gets to the point the store can no make money why would they stay open? Voters there said this is what they want so they get what they asked for.
If only they had paid memberships whereby an issued card was necessary for entry none of this would have happened.

o snap

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR