JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, I have heard that the majority of them will actually start carrying handguns. When? "Soon" is all I've been told.

Of course, this is awesome news, though will they have the ammo for them? :D

Wow that's awesome. Wonder if they are a test store or if some in the Portland area will follow suit.

I seriously doubt you'll see them in any BiMart inside Portland or Multnomah County. Just like Fred Meyer, you have to escape the communist center of the state before the freedom to actually view and purchase firearms becomes evident. I don't know if BiMarts inside Mult Co carry long guns currently (I haven't been inside any in that county), but even if they did, I would expect they may pass on handguns just because of the ridiculous attitude toward guns in that part of the state.

Cascade Farm and Outdoor (which is owned by Bi-Mart) recently opened up in Coos Bay, OR and they carry a variety of different firearms related things. I wonder if the Bi-Mart locations will adapt this model.
Think of it as a mini-Sportsmans Warehouse.
They sell pretty much everything (long guns, handguns, ammo, reloading items, safes, clothing, accessories, etc).

I picked up some reloading stuff last time I was there. They only thing is, they have a limit on powder. (1lb per customer, per day

It will be nice to see them selling them again, they were always cheaper than Fred Meyer. Hopefully they will have a bigger selection than they did before.

Interesting. I've got a Ruger Gov't Target .22 I bought at Bi-Mart long ago. Nice to see that they
are returning to handgun sales. I don't think they ever removed the handgun cases from the
local store---just re-purposed them to other products.

Sure would be nice to see handguns at my local (Oregon City) Bi-Mart.

Oregon City is my local Bi-Mart too, I'd love to see them add a handgun case there - so long as they can get someone to staff it. Getting people to actually work the gun/ammo counter seems to be a problem for them at times.

Oregon City is my local Bi-Mart too, I'd love to see them add a handgun case there - so long as they can get someone to staff it. Getting people to actually work the gun/ammo counter seems to be a problem for them at times.

Yes! That! Makes me so mad. I love the store but I feel like I am pulling teeth to get them to hand me a box of ammo.
Handguns there would be great. I could only hope that prices would be similar to rifles as right now they are the cheapest place in town to grab a 10/22 and plenty of other good rifles.

Junction City Bi Mart has had their counter in for a couple of weeks now, I was told they were the first store by one of the employee's. Far as I'm concerned the handgun case is to small, but still good to see stores like this back in the market.

Junction City Bi Mart has had their counter in for a couple of weeks now, I was told they were the first store by one of the employee's. Far as I'm concerned the handgun case is to small, but still good to see stores like this back in the market.

As I'll end up ordering most of the pistols I want, I'm not worried about the counter being small. They will have a few standard ones to display but most of the pistols I'll want will be custom orders or non-standard. It might take me a while to get them, but I'll be able to get them.

Glad to see this; although I dont think their customer privacy policy is a match for my expectations.....it may have changed but the 1st and last F/A I bought at a BiMart was at the McMinnville store, (back in 03 or 04), and the guy literally yelled my personal information into the phone...On other occasions, I could hear him doing the same thing to other F/A buyers, when I was all the way over in the paint department! The "J/A" is gone now, but I still have my doubts.

Privacy is an entire different topic, apologies for being tangential.

Their prices aren't always 80% of MSRP. Sometimes it's 15%, sometimes it's only 10%. It depends on the manufacturer.

They have catalogs for most of the brands they sell for you to shop from. They'll order whatever you want from them. There are price lists in each catalog along with that percent the discount will be from MSRP. Next time you are in the store, ask to have a look at them.

The Portland BiMark on SE Woodstock does carry long guns, ammo, and reloading supplies. Last time I was in there I bought a couple of pounds of Tightgroup for around $18 a pound.

Their prices aren't always 80% of MSRP. Sometimes it's 15%, sometimes it's only 10%. It depends on the manufacturer.

They have catalogs for most of the brands they sell for you to shop from. They'll order whatever you want from them. There are price lists in each catalog along with that percent the discount will be from MSRP. Next time you are in the store, ask to have a look at them.

I do and I have. Every time I look at the book I verify the percentage. I haven't personally come across anything that wasn't 80%. That doesn't mean some exceptions, but my experience so far holds to 80%. YMMV.

I could be off and thinking 85%, but the point was their pricing is predictable as an old persons morning poo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top