JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beaverton Bi-Mart (SW Western Ave.) now has their new counter stocked and the old counter is for sale out in front of the store. The older guy there was friendly and joking with me about not having .22LR but lots of shorts, which meant I could load twice as many. ;) (Thankfully, I had been able to purchase my .22LR limit a couple of days ago.)

There were a couple of women restocking in the magazine section, and one was telling the other how hunting season is coming, so they arranged accordingly. I think they know a lot of their business comes from hunters and gun owners. I've personally not seen that many different gun magazines in one place. They carry a lot.

I will continue to give them my business.

IMAG0142.jpg

Beaverton Bi-Mart (SW Western Ave.) now has their new counter stocked and the old counter is for sale out in front of the store. The older guy there was friendly and joking with me about not having .22LR but lots of shorts, which meant I could load twice as many. ;) (Thankfully, I had been able to purchase my .22LR limit a couple of days ago.)

There were a couple of women restocking in the magazine section, and one was telling the other how hunting season is coming, so they arranged accordingly. I think they know a lot of their business comes from hunters and gun owners. I've personally not seen that many different gun magazines in one place. They carry a lot.

I will continue to give them my business.
You should have stopped by J&B across the street while you were there.

Stopped at the Oregon City BiMart yesterday. Had a different gal running the gun department, and a manager standing by in the area. Maybe they took my suggestion seriously.:)

WAYNO.

Another nail in the coffin of the small shop. They seem to sell guns for less than I can even buy them for sometimes. Sadly, I think my shop has such a small customer base to draw from that this might be it for me.

Sadly, most people would seem to rather save $10 to $20 by going to the big box store than to support their LGS. I understand that are some bad shops people wouldn't mind seeing go away, but there are a lot of us who care about our customers, take as good care of them as we can afford to, and things like this affect us too.

Pardon my lack of enthusiasm for everyone saving a few dollars. I was probably just as guilty before I had my own shop.

Point taken, but as I said before...I don't necessarily buy FTF or online, or even from a big box dealer, just to bypass a LGS. I shop online and local want ads because none of the dealers in my area ever have what I'm looking for. They only stock and sell what is convenient for them.

Do you have a Ruger AR556? A Ruger 10/22 Tactical Target, model 1230? A 10/22 collector-series rifle, model 21125? At within 10-20 dollars of the big-box stores? Stuff I've searched for for a long time, knowing my only chance of finding these is thru private party or other online sales. And I do put my money where my mouth is. A few years ago I did travel specifically to Sweet home to buy a gun from a dealer, as he had the only one available of what I was looking for.:)

WAYNO.

I will edit this post as it seemed to cause a stir that I was attempting to conduct business without being a supporting vendor. Don't want anyone to have to offend any sensitive souls. ;-)

If a small shop doesn't have it and it's available, They are usually happy to order it. Probably not the instant gratification we all like, but...

Feel free to ask them, and I'm sure they would be happy to check prices and availability for you. I would be happy to perform that service for my customers.

Hopefully this revision untwisted those who were twisted up by my previous edition of this post.

Last Edited:
If I don't have it and it's available, I am happy to order it. Probably not the instant gratification we all like, but...

And for what it's worth, the ar556 are out of stock, but I can get either of the other two for you. If you want a price, let me know...
Not to be a dick, but if you are gonna conduct business through your shop here pony up a supporting vendor membership. Forum costs Joe money to keep running.

I'm not actively trying to drum up business. As a small business owner, I was commenting on the difficulties facing us when the big box stores bring in new items that directly compete. There was a back and forth dialogue to this end. No offers were made, no sales attempted. The poster commented that he could only find certain items online or at big box stores. I simply told him that if he asked, items could be ordered at small shops too. I told him if he wanted to speak directly on pricing, he could contact me privately.

If I were posting ads here, I would definitely be a supporting vendor. I have been an active member of this sight for six years, and a supporting member when I was able to afford it. I am not now, nor would I take advantage of Joe.

I'm not actively trying to drum up business. As a small business owner, I was commenting on the difficulties facing us when the big box stores bring in new items that directly compete. There was a back and forth dialogue to this end. No offers were made, no sales attempted. The poster commented that he could only find certain items online or at big box stores. I simply told him that if he asked, items could be ordered at small shops too. I told him if he wanted to speak directly on pricing, he could contact me privately.

If I were posting ads here, I would definitely be a supporting vendor. I have been an active member of this sight for six years, and a supporting member when I was able to afford it. I am not now, nor would I take advantage of Joe.
Not to get into to much of a discussion here, but I honestly have a question. For a consumer buying a gun from Bi-Mart, I know what I want, I don't need to talk it over or discuss it with anyone. What does the small gun shop offer me for the higher price? After all, Bi-Mart is a NW based company, the people who work there live in my community, so what am I getting? It's an honest question.

An honest response, not much in that example. Bi-Mart is a corporation, but it is a northwest one. I shop at my local bi-mart pretty regularly.

Honestly, I've never stocked standard 10/22's. There's no point. They sell them for less than my wholesale price.

If you know exactly what you want and aren't looking for help, then that's good. I suppose what small shops (I put "I", but changed it so people wouldn't think I was trying to drum up business) offer is that they are usually owned at a local community level, so you are supporting a member of your community. They generally carry used guns, something that big box stores (excepting cabellas, bass pro, and gander mountain) usually don't. And the last one is the most controversial it would seem. Depending on the shop, you have (hopefully) honest, informed, polite staff. You may not need advice in picking out a 10/22, but perhaps will picking out your next gun.

Thank you for the honest question, hopefully I helped answer it.

An honest response, not much in that example. Bi-Mart is a corporation, but it is a northwest one. I shop at my local bi-mart pretty regularly.

Honestly, I've never stocked standard 10/22's. There's no point. They sell them for less than my wholesale price.

If you know exactly what you want and aren't looking for help, then that's good. I suppose what small shops (I put "I", but changed it so people wouldn't think I was trying to drum up business) offer is that they are usually owned at a local community level, so you are supporting a member of your community. They generally carry used guns, something that big box stores (excepting cabellas, bass pro, and gander mountain) usually don't. And the last one is the most controversial it would seem. Depending on the shop, you have (hopefully) honest, informed, polite staff. You may not need advice in picking out a 10/22, but perhaps will picking out your next gun.

Thank you for the honest question, hopefully I helped answer it.
Appreciate the honest answer. The used guns didn't occur to me since Inam use to buying them off of this site, bit with the passing of SB941, I'd have to go to a shop anyway to do the transfer.

Stopped by the Oregon City BiMart yesterday and saw the new gun case. The new gal Wayno mentioned was working the counter. So how do you know what is on that bottom shelf.? I'll need to take my reading glasses and get on my knees next time. The only price I saw, that I'm familiar with was a Glock 26 at $549. About a normal price.

I'll admit the only guns I've bought lately were online, either retailers or Gunbroker. Not that I'm avoiding local gun shops. Retailers were AK related I can't find local. Gunbroker was for a couple that I watch for. Forgot, I did buy from another member here before the new law went into effect. But that was a part trade so not sure about including that.

If I was able to get out shooting more this year I think I would have bought more handguns. When I'm not shooting much I tend to look for rifles, with a shotgun thrown in here and there. Sorry to get sidetracked. This thread reminds me that I need to check the LGS more. Some of my favorite guns I bought used from LGSs.

Don

Bi Mart in Forest Grove has their gun case in.

Prices seem normal or a tad lower than other retailers - but their selection is pretty slim over all. I think they stuck to the absolute most popular guns - which I can't blame them for. Lots of Glocks, M&P, Ruger, couple Sigs, Taurus, and some wheel guns. Their price for an M&P shield is the lowest regular price I've seen anywhere locally - $374. Sportsman's Warehouse is normally $389 for the same guns - $359 when they run a sale.

I did ask the gal about ordering pistols not currently in inventory, she told me they're not set up to do that yet. I asked if she knew when they might - she had no idea. I'm thinking it might be another month or two - once they get things settled in and all the stores get their pistol counters.

I did pop over to J&B in Beaverton yesterday also - good selection of stuff, very helpful, friendly guys and their prices were reasonable too - a Glock cost the same at Bi Mart as it does over there. I hope these guys stick around - and I hope that they've chatted with the folks over at Bi Mart and maybe get folks sent their way when Bi Mart doesn't have what someone is looking for. "No, we don't carry that but across the street is J&B, those guys probably have what you need or can get it." type deal.

I was in the Bend Bi Mart this afternoon and went back to check out the handgun case, it was very well stocked and organized. The guy working the counter was installing a scope on a new 10/22 for a customer and was very helpful. And to make it even better they actually had some .22 LR in stock! CCI's for $7.99 a hundred and Federal for $2.19 for a box of fifty, limit of 2 per customer. Needless to say my wife and I each snagged a couple!.:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top