JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Any feedback on this?
Personally I never understood why a person would want an integrally suppressed anything when there are suppressors that can be used on any gun with one tax stamp. Mp5 sd or other very specific purpose guns possibly excluded.

One can get a 9mm suppressor in so many great variations and use them on so many great guns. With this you are dependent on it being a great gun and also it being a great suppressor. I have no idea if it's either but I know the suppressor can't be moved to another gun. I would rather choose a known great gun and match it to any of the great suppressors. So many options. I don't see a purpose for something like this gun personally.

Also I can't decide if it looks like a horses face or a giant size head of a golf putter.

Any feedback on this?
I've thought about getting one as a HD pistol - that's where I see the greatest potential value aside from cool factor. Guns are loud, suppressors add length, and ear pro blocks out one of the senses you'll rely on most when responding to a potential threat in your home. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, as other items have been higher priority thanks to this stupid AWB coming up, but it's definitely on the list.

Personally I never understood why a person would want an integrally suppressed anything when there are suppressors that can be used on any gun with one tax stamp.
From what I have seen, integrally suppressed generally gives better performance in a more compact package. Such as my 15-22 Integra. It gives a rifle length without having to SBR it or have the extra length in addition to the barrel. Only thing you hear when shooting standard velocity ammo is the bolt, the round hitting and the case hitting the ground.

I've given some thought to the Maxim 9, just never had the chance. When I have the $, I can't find one. When I find one, I don't have the money.
It would be a nice addition to my 15-22 and the integral I want to get for my Scorpion evo 3.

Kind of seems like a range toy. If you're looking for a sports car/ weekend driver it's pretty cool. I've only held one.. it's not graceful or natural feeling in my opinion.

It's ok. Not that quiet, and the one I shot had issues cycling sub sonic loads. He said he would need to swap the spring to get better function. I would have loved the guy to let me look at it more but I couldn't persuade him. Met at an action bay when shooting my Saiga clone suppressed. Guy came over trying to figure out what the hell i was shooting as he couldn't figure out by the sound from the bay over.

Best thing about owning and shooting suppressed stuff is that those that also own them sometimes let you shoot theirs.

Sharing is caring!

Personally I never understood why a person would want an integrally suppressed anything when there are suppressors that can be used on any gun with one tax stamp. Mp5 sd or other very specific purpose guns possibly excluded.
In my case not wanting a 2 stamp (SBR and Silencer) gun and have to follow SBR rules, were the primary drivers for my integral guns. SBR and Silencers have different rules for transport over state lines.

Internal are often times more efficient also. Overall length, weight and size are other typical considerations.

While the Maxim above is kinda cool, I have no desire for one either.

Not to derail this thread, but the one I can not underhand is why anyone would buy a .223 can vs a .30 cal or other specific odd caliber like 6.8. Get a (or a few) .30 cal cans and be done with it. To me the very slight weight/size difference, if there is one it not worth the price of another can and stamp.

In my case not wanting a 2 stamp (SBR and Silencer) gun and have to follow SBR rules, were the primary drivers for my integral guns. SBR and Silencers have different rules for transport over state lines.

Internal are often times more efficient also. Overall length, weight and size are other typical considerations.

While the Maxim above is kinda cool, I have no desire for one either.

Not to derail this thread, but the one I can not underhand is why anyone would buy a .223 can vs a .30 cal or other specific odd caliber like 6.8. Get a (or a few) .30 cal cans and be done with it. To me the very slight weight/size difference, if there is one it not worth the price of another can and stamp.
The thing I don't get about .223 subsonic is it has about the same energy as .22 lr

If a person is using it for flash suppression/mask report location for go to war I get that, but people putting it on to suppress sound of .223 I don't get it cuz once subsonics are used all the benefits of that round are gone.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top