JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Poor little Manzanita copped a packet -
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Sure hope everybody is all right there. At least two electrical sub-stations got whacked, as you can see on the video.

Any more news, folks?

tac & mrs tac, greatly concerned.

Glad the storm didn't end up being as bad as expected, but sorry for those that were impacted and suffered damage, power loss, etc. There are certainly times when you can be glad the forecasters get it wrong.

I haven't heard from the reports, but I bet Bandon and down to Eureka got hit pretty good. They usually do - but I think they would be used to it as it has been this way for millennia there.

Spent 3+ years in USCG at Newport, fairly used to these kinds of storms on the coast, and had to go out in them from time to time. Lived almost my whole life in the PNW, seen a lot worse storms, including 1962.

Nuttin....

14720328_1324267117586033_4082983387760557028_n.jpg

My first time in the woods hunting with my daughter and future SIL in 12 years & we were hoping these "media hyped high winds" would have pushed the deer in the cuts. The high winds did not come & only saw 3 toe heads...... Oh well, that's huntin instead of killin......

Yeah, a disappointment!

About 6:00pm I said to the wife, "this ain't sheet!" We went to our DIL's college teams volleyball game. They lost!
So, in summary, no storm (at freagin all), game lost, most excitement and adventure, an unaccustomed cheeseburger at a local restaurant! Big bust!
Glad about no further harm or damage though!:)

Lane County got very little rain, and the wind was not at all bad. It was really just a blustery Fall day here in Springfield. Much ado about nothing. Some limbs from trees did fall down, though, and caused a few incidents of minor damage and minor power outages in a few spots.

The worst case was a guy who parked his Ford Mustang outside a Dari Mart in Cottage Grove. While shopping inside, he heard a big crash. He had parked his car near a huge old tree, and came out to discover that a gigantic limb had broken off and landed right on top of his car.

CAR_TREE1.jpg

"This just in....breaking news...

Several bystanders including a 7 year old child have been taken to a local hospital with serious injuries following a wild stampede of hundreds of desperate media "talking-heads" (many wearing rain gear, hardhats and hip-waders) trying to pose for cameras in front of a yellow mustang that had sustained severe damage from a fallen branch.

...more news at eleven.":rolleyes:

Lane County got very little rain, and the wind was not at all bad. It was really just a blustery Fall day here in Springfield. Much ado about nothing. Some limbs from trees did fall down, though, and caused a few incidents of minor damage and minor power outages in a few spots.

The worst case was a guy who parked his Ford Mustang outside a Dari Mart in Cottage Grove. While shopping inside, he heard a big crash. He had parked his car near a huge old tree, and came out to discover that a gigantic limb had broken off and landed right on top of his car.

View attachment 317696
Perfect picture for a " Caption This"!
Dude it crushed my bong!!!

View attachment 317696
At least it fell on the worst mustang generation possible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top