JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My lawn chairs just flew across the backyard, and I got attacked by whipping blackberry vines when I went out to fix it.....wasp trap also went awol.

Got everything secured now, biggest concern is the sketchy 100+ foot spruce in my neighbors yard swaying like a drunk.

Just lost power temporarily, heard a loud explosion down the road, probably a transformer going (we've had that happen a few times in the past). Power is back on now, waiting to see what happens next. We're just hanging in at home to storm watch from the safety of home.

branches (small) flying through the air hitting the house, trees swaying

But still only gusts not steady

I've seen worse here.

Interesting, the wind seems to be coming out of the southeast here - maybe the way it is coming around the mountain, I don't know.

Lights flickering - may lose power

The wife is out on a bike ride. I told her that she had better get on with it.
To quote the old, crusty, Sea Captains " the guts have fallen out of the barometer!" It's dropped to the "S" in stormy.
That's from 29.7 yesterday am, to 29.3 now.
To those of you that aren't barometer users the lowest pressure reading on the instrument is 29.0. Nice calm mid range in the US is about 30.0. :D Big fun!

Here in Issaquah heavy rains and wind have swapped with one another about 2-3 times in the last hour. No toaster strudel here but we got Dinty Moore, chocolate bars and lots of water.:) Yep everyone stay safe out there.

^^^^
LOL!!! I really like that toaster strudel idea!

1. No refrigeration!
2. Really no need for the toaster!
3. An instant treat with a mug of Swiss Miss hot chocolate or coffee! :D

The wife is out on a bike ride. I told her that she had better get on with it.
To quote the old, crusty, Sea Captains " the guts have fallen out of the barometer!" It's dropped to the "S" in stormy.
That's from 29.7 yesterday am, to 29.3 now.
To those of you that aren't barometer users the lowest pressure reading on the instrument is 29.0. Nice calm mid range in the US is about 30.0. :D Big fun!

The barometric pressure sure affects my inner ear & hearing (what I have left). If it's steady then not so bad but let it start dancing & I just want to be left alone in the shop.....

Its breezy out, but nothing concerning yet. A lot of cones coming out of the fir trees. They make a pretty good bang when they hit the corrugated cover on the deck.

branches (small) flying through the air hitting the house, trees swaying

But still only gusts not steady

I've seen worse here.

Interesting, the wind seems to be coming out of the southeast here - maybe the way it is coming around the mountain, I don't know.

Lights flickering - may lose power
The wind appears to be coming out of the SE here also.

The Lair's supposed to see gust strength peak at about 40mph in around an hour... I know yesterday on east-west legs of my on-foot travels I was having to tack like a sailboat to stay on course.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top