JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just for kicks, I ran the Oregon license plate number through Carfax to see how many hits it shows on that Mustang.
(44) as of the other day. Last stop will be a wrecking yard.

At least it fell on the worst mustang generation possible.
Really? I would think this was it 74 to 76 mustang II.. I mean... it contributed nothing to its image and only served as the fodder for all those street rod independent front suspensions and some rear suspensions....
Granted; that yellow Stang's generation is merely a continuation of the SN95/ post FOX chassis Mustangs... but it certainly aint the worst.

II-1.jpg

Man, you guys are squabbling about Mustangs and I'd be happy if I could just find an '87 Crown Vicky... I'll do my own reupholstery and black paint, and installing a Police Interceptor package, post-purchase if need be.

:p

I have to ask this. Why would anybody park anything under or near a big tree during a wind storm?

Well, Dari Mart is a small fast stop neighborhood convenience store. He was just going in for a few minutes.

The odds of something happening while he was inside were clearly in his favor.

The presence of so much moss on the branch would indicate that the tree is in an excessively damp environment. Too much water can also cause root rot, bark splitting, fungus, etc. which can cause the health of a tree to dwindle.

In addition, when soaked wet by rain in winter, wet moss and/or lichen adds a lot of weight to a tree limb. Some high winds then come along, and the extra weight on the limb, combined with the tree's poor health, will then lead to this result.

I would say that this accident was thus foreseeable. Perhaps the Mustang owner can sue the owner of the tree, if he was closely emotionally attached to his car.

Last Edited:
Glad the storm didn't end up being as bad as expected, but sorry for those that were impacted and suffered damage, power loss, etc. There are certainly times when you can be glad the forecasters get it wrong.

I'm glad they got "most" of it wrong, too. Ironically, as much of a powder-puff as I thought it was, I must've slept thru the bigger gusts. Lost 16' of fence on one side of my house, and 8' on the other.:eek:

WAYNO.

I'm glad they got "most" of it wrong, too. Ironically, as much of a powder-puff as I thought it was, I must've slept thru the bigger gusts. Lost 16' of fence on one side of my house, and 8' on the other.:eek:

WAYNO.

Bummer - that stinks about the fence. I know I'm not far from you, but we escaped with no damage - we did have some big gusts, all we got were some limbs down - none hit the house though.

A tree limb nailed a Toyota Camry in Tigard Saturday as it was driving down the street. Fortunately, the driver and passenger suffered only minor bruises and scrapes. That is really super bad luck, to have the limb come down the very instant that you are passing by in your car.

I imagine this would have been one hell of a scare for both people in the vehicle. Especially the passenger.

The passenger could consider himself to either be lucky or unlucky, depending on how you look at what happened.

Cu2JIXDUsAEzeg_.jpg

Last Edited:
We got a crapton of rain today, easily more than both Friday or Saturday, but really no wind. I reckon the storm has passed at this point.

It looks like our friends on the coast got the worst of it. Sorry to hear about Manzanita; when I lived on the north coast, we (me and the Mrs) would go down there on weekends. It is a neat little town.

I would say that this accident was thus foreseeable. Perhaps the Mustang owner can sue the owner of the tree, if he was closely emotionally attached to his car.

Basically, such damage is considered as an "act of God" unless the owner of the tree had somehow been warned of a high risk of the limb falling on its own.

I rented a place before I moved here and there was a pretty good wind storm that took out the top half of a tree that went across a neighbors fence. Called the landlord - he came out and looked at it and basically said "yup - it fell down alright" and walked away.

The neighbor had to remove the part of the tree on his land and repair his own fence. Act of God.

Too bad so sad. Stuff happens. That is why if you have something valuable you generally have insurance for it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top