JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
St. Helens is seeing strong winds now and has beem about a half hour
My old barn is really been creaking. Listening to it as I reload some 30-06 elk rounds.

The barometric pressure sure affects my inner ear & hearing (what I have left). If it's steady then not so bad but let it start dancing & I just want to be left alone in the shop.....

I hear you Jim, it does funny things!
When I was walking home from school, on Columbus Day in '62
my friends and I felt the strangest, strongest, most oppressive feeling! The western sky was a blacky/red color. Then boom! I hope I never feel that again! Don't feel it now!

Getting gusty here, out of the SW it seems! Just a little rain! We had a lot of thunderstorms here abouts yesterday! Haven't heard any so far today! Hang in there! :D I love this stuff!

In these parts we're getting a ton of rain dumps on and off, but, thankfully, not a lot of wind. The power has been on all day. According to the Interwebz, we should be getting more nasty weather at night, but we'll see. So far, so good.

kind of a lot of hype for such a mild storm. Hard to believe they were comparing this to columbus day storm. Here it wasnt all that bad.

The Oregon coast got hammered yesterday, but Portland routinely gets worse, sometimes 2-3 times a year. Surprisingly, my house still had power after the peak today. With tree branches already tangled in the power lines on a good day, my neighborhood is usually the first to lose power and the last to get it back.

Barbur Blvd from Burlingame to Tigard lost power so traffic lights were out. Of course, those A-holes who don't understand the first thing about motor safety were flying through intersections in all directions like they weren't even there. Which probably explains all the sirens and a crash cleanup I saw later down by Baxters.

seems to have calmed down quite a bit but darkness could be hiding it since we can't see the trees moving now.
Had some fairly strong winds earlier - blew over a partly rotted 4x4 post along the driveway earlier and a few smaller branches blown down. The neighbor below us needs to call a roofer out as he lost some shingles and his zinc strips to prevent moss are half detached now. Hope they don't come completely loose and blow up here.
Storm wasn't nearly as bad as they predicted. Hope all are safe out there.

Yawn, was there supposed to be a storm today? My drive home last night was worse than any part of what we saw today.

I'll take it seriously on Monday morning in the dark on a bicycle. It's downhill all the way to work and I have to really try to go slow enough to be safe. Lots of crap falls from the trees (branches, sticks, etc.) around here even in "normal" conditions. Road surface means everything with only 2-3 square inches of contact on wet leaves.

Last Edited:
My house has pretty good insulation and I generally do not notice what is going on outside. I did hear some branches and cones hit the roof once, and once, sitting by the front door I heard the wind whistle a bit even though I have a storm door on it. I do hear the rain because I have a couple of sun lights so those tend to reverberate with the rain drops.

Other than that, I wouldn't have noticed it was windy out if I hadn't looked out my picture windows.

14705862_1347894361887646_6064907782799693466_n.jpg

Ya know what this storm reminds me of?

Ya know those cases where your guts start to rumble, keep rumbling in a way that usually indicates you're going to unload a Full Metal Bowl Blaster, and then when you finally sit down ready to unload half your weight in crap all that comes out is Just A Fart?

:D

Thank God that for most of us it turned out Much Ado About Nothing.

I'm glad for it. If they were wrong about the Forcast then that's a good thing this time.
I may be on vacation in Vegas today, but my thoughts have been with my line crew down in north lincoln/south Tillamook county.
Thanks for the updates fellas as that's about all I have as my crew
Told me to just chill out and relax and that if I called them they weren't going to answer, 1st vacation in a while and all that.
I can't help but be worried for them.
On a brighter note my son wacked a pretty nice 3 point blacktail in the cut behind the house!
He told me that the wind drift @250 yards with a 165 gr. -06 was a foot and a half, the kid knows his dope so that had to be around 45 mph at the time.
Yesterday was pretty sporty down there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads