JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found one of the old time gas engine driven washers with built in wringer on it, on C/L here close by, I'm seriously going down to take a look! Thanks a lot guys, More stuff I need, Damn it! Still need a mechanical water pump too. I have a year round stream through my property and it would be nice to set up a small holding pond and hook up a pump!

I don't know about Oregon but up here in Washington it is against the law to alter in any way the natural flow of any creek or river. IE: no artificial dams to create holding ponds or altering the natural path of the water flow. Even if it is on private land. "Salmon"

Last Edited:
I hit the Fred Meyer annual 1/2 off sock sale every year. It is always on Black Friday. I get enough socks for the entire year. :s0115:

I'll have to check that out, thanks!

I've been stocking up on the 3 pack Kirkland brand wool outdoors socks at Costco when they have them. Been wearing merino wool socks for years now, and year round. Those Kirkland brand are not backpacking socks, but pretty comfy day hikers for sure.

Pretty decent value when compared to REI or Smart Wool light hikers, a touch thinner though.

Check your local codes for state permits involving private property ponds.
Water rights are generally strictly enforced and removing a non permitted pond costs more then building one with all of the resulting fines and habitat reconstruction.

Check your local codes for state permits involving private property ponds.
Water rights are generally strictly enforced and removing a non permitted pond costs more then building one with all of the resulting fines and habitat reconstruction.
Oregon is a wetland and it's illegal to breathe here. saw it on the internet

Oh edit. My family had a friend a long time ago.. out in the sticks hereabouts.
He wanted a pond so he made one.. with dynamite. presto

Better check on the need for permits and such for a pond, in Washington you could go to jail for violating any or all of several state and federal laws.

Do not think for a moment that no one will discover it or do nothing about it when they do.

I've seen one person get caught when the cat operator ratted him out. He got paid, first, of course, then dropped a dime on him.

Thanks for the heads up on the pond idea! I found out that as long as I do not alter the stream but build a ways away with a pipe or diversion that takes no more then 30% of the stream flow, I should be GTG! I will be applying for the permits after a visit with the county and State on the water use issue!

I'm going to get a back hoe up here some time this summer and dig out a good size pond! The plan as of right now is to set up a Hydro Generator on the down stream side and to have a water pump to supply home and other needs! Good Idea Sgt Nambu on putting fish in, I would think the flow would keep the pond fresh, and I do have a plan for filtration so I don't think water quality will be an issue! Plus, A fresh water pond will likely bring down Deer and Elk more then we have all ready, so that will be a nice addition! Just need to get these damn bears to go else where, they are really annoying, and we cannot shoot them! Big damn dogs is what they have turned into!

Just check on the temperatures that trout will thrive at! Warm water raised trout is fishy mush!:(

Um...er...Rock Salt rnds?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads