Man with knife outside Buckingham Palace

Slowpoke

Reactions
It wasn't so much the man that got my attention, but this:

_65677405_taserstill.jpg

and this:

121173117__380184b.jpg

I thought the police didn't carry guns in England. Or is it a special detail at the Palace that is allowed to?

And also, what kind of magazines are those on the belt of the officer on the far right?

I await your collective wisdom. :)

Reactions
The regular cops are not allowed access to firearms, however London does have " special firearms units " for special purposes such as guarding the ruling class. Sort of reminds one of Obama and the Secret Service and us with....hmm....wait for it....uh...nothing. England has no posse comitatus separating police and military responsibility either. The line between cops and special ops troops is a bit more grey over there.

Reactions
I don't think I understand what you guys are arguing about.. is it who's more British? Who can sarcastically wish each other well the best? Who thinks they know more about gun owners in the UK?

I'm pretty sure the OP asked about which UK police can carry guns and what types they had..not which of you limeys has a bigger shaft.

Reactions
It wasn't so much the man that got my attention, but this:

_65677405_taserstill.jpg

and this:

121173117__380184b.jpg

I thought the police didn't carry guns in England. Or is it a special detail at the Palace that is allowed to?

And also, what kind of magazines are those on the belt of the officer on the far right?

I await your collective wisdom. :)
If I had to make a guess about the mags the officer on the right is carrying I would have to say MP-5.

tac

Reactions
Yeah sorry about that i forgot what I was arguing about too, I give up.

Originally when i replied to the thread i should of said -in the uk firearms units carry g17, g19 pistols and mp5 smg and i belive remington 700 bolt actions in 308. I should of left out my personal feelings about the police in the uk which admittedly was irrelivent to the OP's question.
In the county in which I live the SWAT have Tikka T3 in .270.

tac

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom