JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It wasn't so much the man that got my attention, but this:

_65677405_taserstill.jpg

and this:

121173117__380184b.jpg

I thought the police didn't carry guns in England. Or is it a special detail at the Palace that is allowed to?

And also, what kind of magazines are those on the belt of the officer on the far right?

I await your collective wisdom. :)

Was it a table knife or a Swiss Army? If it was a Swiss Army then I understand why they called in the artillery. Those knives have multiple blades, and even corkscrews and scissors for goodness sakes!

The regular cops are not allowed access to firearms, however London does have " special firearms units " for special purposes such as guarding the ruling class. Sort of reminds one of Obama and the Secret Service and us with....hmm....wait for it....uh...nothing. England has no posse comitatus separating police and military responsibility either. The line between cops and special ops troops is a bit more grey over there.

Ok. No red or white handle so I don't think it is a Swiss Army. (Seems like he could use some training though. That blade is facing the wrong direction.)

I don't think I understand what you guys are arguing about.. is it who's more British? Who can sarcastically wish each other well the best? Who thinks they know more about gun owners in the UK?

I'm pretty sure the OP asked about which UK police can carry guns and what types they had..not which of you limeys has a bigger shaft.

It wasn't so much the man that got my attention, but this:

_65677405_taserstill.jpg

and this:

121173117__380184b.jpg

I thought the police didn't carry guns in England. Or is it a special detail at the Palace that is allowed to?

And also, what kind of magazines are those on the belt of the officer on the far right?

I await your collective wisdom. :)

If I had to make a guess about the mags the officer on the right is carrying I would have to say MP-5.

Yeah sorry about that i forgot what I was arguing about too, I give up.

Originally when i replied to the thread i should of said -in the uk firearms units carry g17, g19 pistols and mp5 smg and i belive remington 700 bolt actions in 308. I should of left out my personal feelings about the police in the uk which admittedly was irrelivent to the OP's question.

In the county in which I live the SWAT have Tikka T3 in .270.

tac

In the county in which I live the SWAT have Tikka T3 in .270.

tac
I always find that odd. I think the average shot by swat "snipers" is like 60 yards at most. A .308 will certainly do that (har) and give you the added utility of using ap etc. were/would it necessary.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top